2012 music

Kendrick Lamar's new album started off as OMFGWTFTHISISSOGOOD for me.

It hasn't been growing on me. It's actually been progressively suckier with each listen. As of right now I wouldn't include it in the top 5 albums for this year.

I'll see how that turns out but I'm staying away from it for awhile before I ruin it for myself as I really did enjoy it alot on my first listen.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Drinking From The Bottle, I Need Your Love, and Sweet Nothing are my favorite ones for sure
[youtube]skqNJDn62to&[/youtube]
[youtube]jc3SXFuQl7o[/youtube]
[youtube]17ozSeGw-fY[/youtube]

Kendrick Lamar's new album started off as OMFGWTFTHISISSOGOOD for me.

It hasn't been growing on me. It's actually been progressively suckier with each listen. As of right now I wouldn't include it in the top 5 albums for this year.

I'll see how that turns out but I'm staying away from it for awhile before I ruin it for myself as I really did enjoy it alot on my first listen.
yeah its not even in my top 3 for hip hop this year (ab soul/antwon/lil ugly mane). really not a fan

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just got leaks of one direction's new album
so pop~

also Christina aguilera but there was only like one or two good tracks

I'm gonna check out the new crystal castles I hope it isn't THAT bad

Crystal Fighters on their Facebook-page:

''Shout out to everyone around the world playing "Love Is All I Got" w/ Feed Me .. such a blast to make, and totally different from our next album..''

That means that a new album is in progress. Yay!

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Crystal Fighters on their Facebook-page:

''Shout out to everyone around the world playing "Love Is All I Got" w/ Feed Me .. such a blast to make, and totally different from our next album..''

That means that a new album is in progress. Yay!
Yesssss. Also glad to hear its different from there new album, as much as I like that song. Last summer I saw them play live just after Skrillex (festivals...) and the atmosphere was just no where near as enjoyable as when I had seen them before. Part of that was due to the crowd Skrillex had attracted yeah, but they also changed up a lot of their music and were clearing going in a dance / dupstep direction. While it's still good and I would probably still listen to them, the fact they actually do something different is what keeps me listening to them, and if they continued going down the EDM route I really couldn't see myself enjoying their music as much as I do now. Can't wait for that second album!

You can listen to the new Crystal Castles on Spotify right now if you have it.

It has been growing on me slighlty, but I'm still really rather disappointed with it. It's got this cool witch house vibe going on throughout the album mixed with lovely dream pop vocals. It honestly plays like an ambient album and I'm not sure how current fans are going to react to it.

Oddly enough, I WOULD make the time to go through the whole album. It works well when played altogether.

The thing that keeps me coming back to it are the emotional (if you can hear through all the muddle) lyrics. They're really engaging quite honestly.

Crystal Fighters by now have also semi-announced the dates for their European tour; you can sign up for some email list on their side which will give early access to the dates when it's available.

Also, it's not technically all 2012 music, but the channel is still running in 2012... This man is Igor Presnyakov, and he has a fantastic music channel. He does acoustic covers of pretty much any sort of music, also new tunes. It's pretty cool.

[youtube]IrcFe0_pZEs[/youtube]

I've listened to CCIII twice already and it is a pretty good album. They're obviously bringing in different sounds of electronica and layering the fuck out of their sounds.

At first it might be a bit underwhelming or disappointing but it grows on you as Arch mentioned.

I'm also kind of bummed they didn't make Insulin longer or have more aggressive tracks like they did in CCI & CCII.

Gonna try my first ever post on here I guess!

There's been a lotta great stuff out this year for me, I'll try and keep to my most-favourite stuff or I'll get out of hand.

Lil B - God's Father
Track: Bitch Im Bussin

Lil B is easily my favourite rapper, and maybe music maker period, around today, he's put out so much amazing stuff this year, God's Father has been my favourite so far, a lot has come close though. It's a really long mixtape, it's like 2 hours long, and almost every track is killer, and you see so many different styles and facets of Lil B. I've seen him live the 2 times he's been in London and both times were incredible. I'm a big Lil B fanboy.

Traxman - Da Mind of Traxman
Track: Itz Crack

Juke has been a huge love of mine over the past year or so and this guy's put out on of my favourite records in it. It's all about the rhythm. Juke/footwork rhythms really get me going. This is definitely one of the most unique records in the genre so far, and it's only expanding from here.

Runaround Kids - Teeth Blue, Lips Red
Track: Blush

The record isn't even out yet, but I already know it's one of my favourites of the year. Discovered these guys about a month ago and fell deeply deeply in love, and subsequently went crazy listening to every track they've ever done. These guys are from Wakefield, Yorkshire and make sorta... noisy indie rock stuff, with bits of britpoppiness, bits of like 90s emo style, bits of garaginess. Their songs are always packed to the brim with great ideas and tunes. Been trying to shove these guys down the throat of everyone I know. Their record from 2011 would have probably been my 2nd favourite of the year if I'd have known about it, and this new one's gonna be a definite improvement.

Melody's Echo Chamber - Melody's Echo Chamber
Track: Mount Hopeless

French girl singing over beautiful, futuristic, psychedelic pop music. Feels almost like this record was made for me. Idk what else I can say about this. Got a real 60s yé-yé feel, which is even more perfect for me.

Ital Tek - Nebula Dance
Track: Glokk

Along the vein of Juke again, I've followed this guy for a long time back when he was making weird distorted IDM on netlabels, through to beautiful forward thinking Dubstep styles he'd gotten known for on Planet Mu label. This latest album you can really feel how he's been influenced by Juke rhythms while maintaining his incredible unique sense of melody - there's no Dubstep there any more, and frankly why would there be.

Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory
Track: Our Plans

It's a lotta cute fuzzy indie bands in 2012 that have "totally matured" past making cute fuzzy music, which is bullshit because cute fuzzy music is great and most of the bands that "matured" now sound awful (cough Best Coast cough Dum Dum Girls cough). This record though, damn. Perfect angsty whiny scuzzy emo styles with the same charm that their more light hearted fuzzy stuff had.

There's been so much more stuff that I've loved but I'll stop here to prevent the post being too ridiculously huge.

I fucking love CCIII.

But Arch you posted that it sucked a mere two days ago.

Shit happens.

In other news. Lana Del Rey's new release is pleasant. Given it a few spins and it's just too pleasant. To the point where it gets insufferably boring. Nice songs, but nothing interesting beyond Ride and Bel Air. Cola is pretty interesting I guess, but that song feels like a bad parody of a Lana Del Rey song.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Flume's self-titled debut has just dropped and it is soooo sweet. Ive seriously been waiting for this for over a year and it doesn't disappoint. I legit enjoy every track, except maybe the last one; star eyes, but some of my favourites are (his first ever track) 'Sleepless (feat Jezzabell Doran)', 'Left Alone (feat Chet Faker)', 'On Top (feat T. Shirt)', 'More Than You Thought', 'Insane (feat Moon Holiday)' and 'Holdin On'. His chilled beats are bound to give you a fun time

Flume on soundcloud with his album plus more

Flume on the iTunes USA store

On Top (feat T. Shirt)
[youtube]l-QVmsqetB8[/youtube]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)