2012 Tournament Tour - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Round 2 - Unscrupulous Tiering Director
Originally hosted by Eo Ut Mortus
Originally won by papai noel

Hosted by FireMage and Django
Approved by TD Team

2012 has been a whirlwind of a year, and the Tournaments haven’t disappointed. amongst them we have had tournaments that have stretched the imaginations and inspired the community to creatively team build using heavily set rules and restrictions and this tournament allows you to re-live just some of these moments. Each round will allow you to re-live a different tournament you might’ve missed/loved.

This round you'll be facing off in The Unscrupulous Tiering director. A tour in which users banned particular aspects of the tier that they didn't like. Then, were made to play of in a tour devoid of the most popular Pokémon, moves and strategies - forcing users to come up with fresh new ways of winning. as the rounds progressed users who had lost had their bans removed thus lessening the burden on those who had advanced.

Standard Tournament Rules
  • All Smogon Tournament Rules apply - they can be viewed here
  • All Individual Tournament Rules apply - They will each be posted each round make sure you read and have understood each ruleset any questions will be answered by the host of the round as best as they can figure it out.
  • All Matches are Standard BW2 OU Unless the Host Specifies otherwise
  • Keep track of all logs. You may be asked to present them
  • All Standard Clauses are on - these are;
Wifi Clause
Species Clause
Sleep Clause
Evasion Clause
OHKO Clause
Battle Timeout​
Any clause definitions can be found on the Tournament Rules page.

Tournament Special Rules

It is Standard BW2 - Without the following Pokémon. If anyone uses anything below they are immediately disqualified (Proof will be needed by the opposing player). Teams DO NOT need to be sent in, logs need to be kept just in case.

The Following Pokémon are banned this round:
Politoed
Ninetales
Kyurem-B
Jirachi
Hippowdon
Dragonite
Abomasnow
Tyranitar
Thundurus-T
Scizor
Ferrothorn
Landorus-I
Skarmory
Blissey
Gothielle
Rotom-W
Salamence
Tentacruel
Keldeo

The Following Moves may not appear on any movesets
Stealth Rock
Scald
Spore
Spikes
Hydro Pump
Rest
Baton Pass
Quiver Dance
Swords Dance
Taunt
Rock Polish

And the following Item cannot be held
-Leftovers

Pairings
R2

16.CBTerrakion vs 30.Asek
29.Hangover vs 31.Lavos Spawn
23.ShakeItUp vs 47.myzozoa
21.Madbull vs 59.BROStime
10.papai noel vs 17.Vinc2612
52.complete_legitmacy vs 55.Morgenstern
1.Shining Latios vs 39.McMeghan
49.Pokemonrocks777 vs 34.King
35.dragonuser vs 63.Lokt
61.Ginku vs 54.Rewer
4.El Geek vs 38.Darkloic
28.WeegeetheHaxer vs 3.~Greencore
15.CrashinBoomBang vs 33.Blue Eon
5.H-C vs 27.SoulWind
13.Deluks917 vs 60.Raseri
62.Jirachi vs 8.TheFourthChaser

Deadline(s)
16 Days time, 2nd of March - 11:59pm GMT
Any additional info

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Hey FireMage what the heck is happening, Kael hasn't answered my vm and I have posted activity posts so why is he in the next round ? Please fix that asap !

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey FireMage what the heck is happening, Kael hasn't answered my vm and I have posted activity posts so why is he in the next round ? Please fix that asap !
After checking this out, BROStime will advance over Kael. Kael hasn't made any (visible) attempt to contact BROStime so I'm swapping them over.

Banlist will be adjusted accordingly.

Banlist - ADDED Taunt / Rock Polish (BROStime)
and as kael (and 12 other people) voted for Politoed and (and 3 others) Ninetales - they won't be taken off.

EDIT

Sorry Apparently Lavos was supposed to advance beat Pan. Once again banlist will be adjusted

Lavos didn't submit, and Raseri also banned Dragonite, so Alakazam is now available to be used

coR.

Banned deucer.
Lost to Weenge, one of my monz had 1 missed move and that cost me part of the game, gg btw

FireMage

Disgraced
Why am I not in for Yoshi Silis? I beat him in Round 1..
Sorry, King you are right. I was going by This post when making the matchups - I should have double checked but I trust Django enough.

I'll keep the current banlist as matches have been played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)