2012 USA Election Thread: Obama projected winner

Who are you going to vote for in the 2012 Election?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 221 54.8%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 44 10.9%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 37 9.2%
  • Jill Stein

Votes: 85 21.1%
  • Vermin Supreme

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
the fact that there are only two options (Dem/Rep) in the poll displays everything that is wrong with US politics

hope you don't mind me adding some TIK

EDIT: what in the everloving fuck is this bullshit, why can't I edit the poll

#RonPaul2012 nothing is impossible
I wish man. If more of America understood the government and the problems that needed to be fixed I'm convinced Ron Paul would've won the Republican primaries and the election. He's the real answer, but Romney was picked more cause he's more handsome or something idk

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This poll is interesting because it's likely that most people browsing this forum can't even vote in a US election.

For the 6 idiots who have currently voted for Romney:

Please look up his atrocious record during his time as the governor of Massachusetts, and then consider what he would do to the entire country.

For the 6 idiots who have currently voted for Romney:

Please look up his atrocious record during his time as the governor of Massachusetts, and then consider what he would do to the entire country.
Please look up Obama's general idiocy throughout his entire presidency so far. We're already fucked because of Obamacare, I'm terrified what else he might do if he gets another term.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
the fact that there are only two options (Dem/Rep) in the poll displays everything that is wrong with US politics

hope you don't mind me adding some TIK

EDIT: what in the everloving fuck is this bullshit, why can't I edit the poll
Click the edit poll button, not edit the post.

Pick your poison, right?
Is it possible to make a poll where one of them could win while having less votes? Because that would make it much more accurate.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
One one hand, if Romney won, perhaps the gazillions of whiners against Obama would shut up for a couple of seconds.
After looking through a couple of comment fields on national newspapers' websites, I've seen Obama being accused of being behind every imaginable evil/nuisance in the world, and the good things he has done is only to mask even worse evils.
Then again, the Obama proponents are still whining about Bush...

On the other hand, from an overseas perspective, letting the Republicans run the US seems almost irresponsible. For four years, we haven't heard anything about what they're for, but loads and loads and loads about what they're against (note: being for evictions, bans or similiar counts as being against the thing you want to evict/ban). It might be my country being very left-centrist, our or newspaper angling it as such, but the Democrats seem like the sensible people here.

I've said it before, I say it again: US politics seems to me like a poop-flinging contest where making sure the other side doesn't run the country is more important than actually running the country.
It's a circus where public popularity/the opponent's lack of it determines the outcome. A political mastermind could be voted down because he did one tiny mistake in his youth (a Republican smoking something illegal, or a Democrat once voting against gun control, or what have you). Tiny cases are blown out of proportions while big problems are only addressed when the opposite side isn't doing a good enough job fixing them.

Whoever wins, it will be exciting. If the Republicans, well, I think the international scene will be shaken up again. If the Democrats, then Obama doesn't have to worry about re-election, and can propose more wacky stuff and push things a little harder than now, as he'll be out of office in four years anyway.

And if a third party... then I'll go out and get some nice photographs of the flying pigs.

Not that I'm a Pro Obama, but I find Romney to be a very nasty individual. Well what business men aren't.

I"m not really an Obama fan, but Romney makes me shudder. So Obama it is.

Not that it matters, I live in Oregon, and this state always votes Dem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)