2012 VGCS Winter Battle - Biosci wins!

Oh, come on. I've got 21 wons, 7 losses, 1684 ponts and I was disclassified, why???

I didn't disconnected!!!! that's so unfair. I have trained all my pokémon, didn't hacked anything.

iam almost exploding to Daruma mode

. nah congrats 2 germans are the best europeans but seriosly. this sucks. just sucks.

i think, they didnt made the 10% over average rule this time, just everybody over 10% got kicked.

that makes no fun and sense at all. i fucking acvcepted every kloss hence my record is 87:22 it already shows that i played under the rules, yet i got kicked.

RAAAGEhghjzj. hzj.zjhbjk,uj+k.-
k+
ju

The berry isn't available yet anyway. I checked DW, the rankings page, and the promotions page but no notice of a custap berry award. :|

^If I'm not mistaken I believe that the berry just shows up in your treasure chest next time you access the Dream World^.

Haven't gone on DW for White 2 yet, so I'll have to check later.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
I just checked and couldn't find the Custap Berry in my treasure chest. I'll check again tomorrow I guess.

It usually takes a week for they give the promotion

next Wednesday, try to enter on promotion and see if it's there. if it is, all you have to do is accept the promotion, then it will be on your Item list on DW. Please, plant and share it.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit]

And I still really do think they could simply reduce the DC rate by offering a significantly better prize and drastically increasing the completed battles requirement. Offer the noobs something they would actually stick it out for, like a shiny Mewtwo, or something that won't have any effect on VGC, but your common DC'er might actually say "Hey... I actually want that!" We know they have the capability to do this. It wouldn't offend most serious battlers because I'm most certain that the majority of serious battlers had their eyes on the CP, not that whateverberry (I don't even know what it is).

[edit 2]

Seriously. If anyone wants this berry you can have it.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
~grats Biosci~

I got 37th overall in Junior/Senior, lol. Obviously everyone else must suck real bad ._.

If anyone's wondering, Spinner and I will be growing the Custap Berries in force for people for those that didn't make it for some reason if needed, providing they're offered in the DW chest and when they give them out.

Our DW accounts are Spinner and NightmareJS (two houses each) respectively, and we're usually joined to each other.

If you need my FC, just let me know and I'll trade you junk, then you can access me under "Game Pals"

Merry Christmas

-James

I have a question... I have 1731 points and I should be on rank 65, but I cant find myself. Why is that?

Edit: I think i was disqualified for no reason... Awesome! Wait, that means I wont get the Custab Berry, right? :(

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
You might have been disqualified for having too many disconnections. It doesn't matter if they were intentional, or unintentional, or if they were because of your opponent's bad connection. If you had too many you would be disqualified.

Great!
A friend of mine who would have been in the top 10 for sure got disqualified, because of that stuff then. Great. Im starting to love tournaments.

o.o I just looked on the rankings. I came 25 the with 1817¡!!!!!!!! that makes me 8th place in European rankings. I was so happy and surprised by that. my OT was TARAN. and gratz biosci.

BTW, great battle we had biosci on gbu free mode. I had the scizor, togekiss, tyranitar and garchomp some time ago after the tournament.

Posted from Smogon.com App for Android

Personally this tournament was messed up, for me i only got 9 battles would have been 10 if one person i battled didn't D/C when the battle finished with me winning. Near enough i hardly got any battles, i had to wait and wait for battles to come up the battles came up like once a blue moon which wasn't fair. :( I checked my chest in the dream world and obviously didn't get a custap berry.

Lets hope the next one doesn't have a repeat of this

im not sure they have distributed it yet so we'll have to wait a few more days. and I liked this tournament the most out of every wifi tournament before because of the decreased no. of dcs and so I managed to get many more battles (114)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
DoomDarkrai, with all due respect, if you didn't get 10 battles that was your own fault for not putting the necessary time in. I played 130+ battles over the course of four days.

I've asked Pokémon company about my situation on this tournament, here is their Answer:

Dear Daniel ****,

A solution for your issue has been suggested.

Hey Daniel,

Players must meet the following criteria before they are displayed in the rankings of Pokémon Wi-Fi tournaments:

Complete the minimum number of matches, as outlined in the rules for each tournament
Maintain a matches started to matches completed ratio below the disqualification threshold
*There are additional requirements to be met for player's to receive Championship Points.

Pokémon Organized Play is committed to creating a fun, fair online tournament experience. We believe that players who disconnect mid-match, whether intentional or not, create a negative experience for the community. The disqualification threshold is used to discourage this behavior. While we do announce the minimum number of matches that a player must complete to qualify for the rankings, we do not announce the disqualification threshold.

Unfortunately, when a mid-match disconnect occurs, technical limitations of the Wi-Fi server prevent us from identifying which player initiated the disconnect. Both players are credited with the disconnect, creating a “false positive” for the player who did not initiate the disconnect. These false positives are not ideal and Pokémon Organized Play continually evaluates how best to mitigate the effect these have on the community.

We believe players who are attempting to legitimately compete in a Wi-Fi tournament will complete the vast majority of the matches they start. Players can mitigate the effects of false positives by reducing the likelihood of their own unintentional disconnects while battling. Using a secure, stable Wi-Fi connection and turning off the game system after exiting the game’s Wi-Fi tournament menu can mean the difference between appearing in the rankings and exceeding the disqualification threshold.

While Pokémon Organized Play provides some leeway for disconnects, it is possible for a player to exceed the disqualification threshold by accumulating enough false positives. If you believe that you have been excluded from the rankings through no fault of your own, we sincerely apologize. We will continue to refine our processes within the confines of the current technical limitations and work toward overcoming these limitations in the future. We appreciate your continued support and hope to see you participate in the next Wi-Fi tournament.

-Pokémon Support

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)