2012 VGCS Winter Battle - Biosci wins!

1792, I think this is it for me... I'm using my outdated 2012 team, I need to make a new one for the next wi-fi tournament.

Forfeiting (with the Run button) is the same as losing normally, just saves everyone's time if it is obvious you are going to lose.

Dunno who it is that has the team with the Terrakion and the Whimsicott with beat up (serious cheese), I know that match was a bit weird with Rotom staying frozen for umpteen million turns (I suffered some bad luck crits) but come on at least let me have the video for posterity . . . DC instead? Pfft.

-S
This is bad form. There is very little tier control in this competition save banning a few "ubers". I've had a ton of disconnects from overpowered teams with pokemon like thundurus lining their ranks and with >1700 ratings. Of course they're going to win a lot, they're working with a great team. I'm certain they're not used to losing because it is really easy to win with a team like that against the kind of players that show up to this kind of competition. Personally I find that kind of team boring in this kind of competition but to each his/her own. If you lose to an UU team, you really should man up and take the loss. The good news is if somebody disconnects from you Nintendo seems to know you were not the one that dropped and you can get right back in to the competition with no BP loss.

Hax is being a mega bitch to me. i lost 7 games in a row yesterday to hax but made up all the points lost in 2 hours of hardcore battling. ive lost a game today due to hax (thunderbolt parahax on my kingdra) so im stuck around 1800-ish. and if your opponent dcs does that add to your dc count as well? and if you are dced due to internet issues does that count as well?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Wow! You managed to get to the upper 1800s with a Mienshao. Did you use it often?
I used it nearly every single game. Mienshao is one of the greatest pokemon in the current, and former, VGC metagames. It is nearly the ultimate setup/assist pokemon, with access to both Fake Out and Inner Focus, plus a relatively high base speed. And then, with access to Hi Jump Kick, as long as you're not an idiot and predict who's going to protect, and take note of any opposing Ghost mons, he can 1HKO quite a few mons all by himself. He's probably my favorite pokemon.

Whew! So many tough trainers in the tournament. I once a Rain Dance trainer who has a Pikachu in this team (which he didin't use unfortunately) and lost. That goes to show you that not all trainers go for the same Pokemon all the time.

1724 in 46 battles. Not bad for a Fire/Dark team. I always love the VGC battles different pokemon on show. Someone was streaming using a medicham, alolomola, manetric. I loved watching your battles :)

Stopped at around 20 battles. 1650 rating. I was just getting pissed and tired of it. Had 6 people just dc the moment their last pokemon fainted. At least I noticed weaknesses of my team and can fix it for next time!

I used it nearly every single game. Mienshao is one of the greatest pokemon in the current, and former, VGC metagames. It is nearly the ultimate setup/assist pokemon, with access to both Fake Out and Inner Focus, plus a relatively high base speed. And then, with access to Hi Jump Kick, as long as you're not an idiot and predict who's going to protect, and take note of any opposing Ghost mons, he can 1HKO quite a few mons all by himself. He's probably my favorite pokemon.
Did you use a Focus Sash version or a GemCrobatics set?

Think I might leave it now. Currently at 1798 with 52W-9L-3DCs. Got to 1819 but started losing so don't want that to happen again.

Been a fantastic tournament for me tbh. Really nice getting to play a variety of different teams, and seeing if my team actually works. Luckily not many DCers against me as you can see (1700+, 2 x 1800+). Also now know what things to tweak and change. Looking forward to January and the next one!

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1724 in 46 battles. Not bad for a Fire/Dark team. I always love the VGC battles different pokemon on show. Someone was streaming using a medicham, alolomola, manetric. I loved watching your battles :)

yeah that was atlas.

it was fun streaming all my matches as well, and will do so in january when the next tournament begins :)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Did you use a Focus Sash version or a GemCrobatics set?
Neither. Wide Lense. I like 99% accurate Hi Jump Kicks and Rock Slides. In 127+ battles I only had one move miss one time, which was merely Rock Slide on one mon, which didn't even matter in that case. I've tested Focus Sash and Life Orb, and I've seen and faced Flying Gem, and while they're all useful, I'll never take the Wide Lense off of my Meinshao. Not after 4 HJK misses in 7 matches at VGC Chesterfield '12, SHEESH!

Neither. Wide Lense. I like 99% accurate Hi Jump Kicks and Rock Slides. In 127+ battles I only had one move miss one time, which was merely Rock Slide on one mon, which didn't even matter in that case. I've tested Focus Sash and Life Orb, and I've seen and faced Flying Gem, and while they're all useful, I'll never take the Wide Lense off of my Meinshao. Not after 4 HJK misses in 7 matches at VGC Chesterfield '12, SHEESH!
Can't be any worse than the 99.6% hit percentage you would always have in Pokemon Stadium with moves like Thunderbolt.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just broke 1700, I think that's a good point to finish at, and better than I was expecting considering my massive weaknesses to Cresselia and rain teams (probably should have tested this team before the tournament). 44-13-6

Jumping on now for the first time since Saturday. How much time is left? (I'm on US EST, or GMT -4. Right now it's exactly 7 PM for me).

You will probably get it after they've announced the winners and calculated the ratings for everyone officially.

OK, used yall's community-created VGC team and here are the results.

rating: 1680, 38 battles, forgot W-L-DC counts :|

Stone Edge continues to prove being the worst move in the game, missed all 4 times I wanted to use it over the span of 4 battles >_>

But Sheer Cold hits all 4 times I used it within 2 battles. Dat rng, man.

Hm, well at least I get a Custap Berry and 20+ BP out of this. Not a bad deal.

Result (for some reason it didn't update with the last two matches):

Just out of curiosity, any estimation of how many players there were in the Masters Division? I feel like there weren't a lot, as opposed to the all-inclusive Autumn Friendly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)