2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
100k a week! Plus 30 mil on top of that. For an 18 year old.
No wonder Chelsea weren't interested in continuing their interest.
Way too much for me. Huge potential but just too much for potential.

Anyways I hoped chelsea didn't get him. Alberto Moreno is 21 at the moment but much better than Shaw. I hope we get him and we won't have to pay those kind of wages.

Luke Shaw is the most overrated player in the premier league right now.
That being said, he is good but 100k is ... just ... no.
£30M is actually worth it considering you would have him for at least 12 years.

Also, Ramires suspended for the rest of the season, some good news at last! :)

Reactions: HBK

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Players like Ramires and Walcott make me so jealous. I'm way better than them in terms of skill/technique but I'd kill for that pace and stamina.

And I don't get how Jose thinks that threatening to field a second string side against Liverpool is supposed to convince the FA to pre pone the match........

HBK

And you would know.....Also, why were we scrambling for Shaw's signature when we have Van anholt biding his time at Vitesse. Or is he just one of those who are being groomed to be sold and fund a big money move in the future?

Van Aanholt is awful, he is held in regard for scoring goals in an irrelevant league, just like Skrtel (apart from the irrelevant league part).

Bayern dominated the first half getting close but the final ball hasn't arrived.
Mueller to come on.
Real created a couple of chances(ronaldo was probably offside but they never showed a replay).

I hope I am not the only one here who hates it when the player is down but then the team has to kick it out. Head injuries aside.

HBK

Bayern played really well but couldn't finish their chances. In contrast, Madrid had 2 chances of note ( maybe even the one that Di Maria had ) and scored with their first shot on goal. Ronaldo really should have scored and this will come back to bite them. 1-0 isn't a bad result and I still expect Bayern to go through.

Bayern weren't good.
Real may regret missing those chances but they still have the 1 goal lead.

Since Ribery came back from an injury he hasn't been the same. Certainly shouldn't be starting the next leg.

Both legs weren't thrilling but leaves both ties open for the 2nd leg.

HBK

The Atletico-Chelsea game was anything but thrilling. It was exciting, but not in a good way. I flinched every time that an Atletico player swung a cross in or took a shot because I didn't think that we could equalise with such a defensive line up. And short of being clinical, Bayern dominated the game.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Bayern dominated the first half getting close but the final ball hasn't arrived.

I hope I am not the only one here who hates it when the player is down but then the team has to kick it out. Head injuries aside.
I wouldn't call that dominate, tbh, and this is coming from someone who sits through these kind of 'domination' whenever Spain plays against good teams that can defend... when Spain actually dominates the match it's pretty easy to notice the difference. You're not dominating the match if your best chance at scoring on the first half was a header from 8 metres and with a lot of opposition, and even worse, you're losing. In games like this one, having the possesion is a false feeling of domination. It might look like you have ruled the game, but it was mainly because your opponent let you control the ball in order to counterattack, while in exchange you had no real chance at scoring. (the first and only time Bayern actually looked dangerous was on 85' lol)

Real Madrid did an excellent job defensively (their best game this season in this regard, I think), and while they weren't at their best offensively they scored a goal and had some half chances. Though I have to say that Real Madrid were closer to scoring the 2-0 that Bayern the equalizer.

And yes, I agree with you about that. Mainly because sometimes players exaggerate in order to stop the match and that's disgusting.

HBK

Looking forward to the Europa league semis. It won't be easy, but I expect Juventus to beat Benfica and win the whole thing. Valencia won me over with that incredible comeback against Basle but from what I hear, Sevilla are not to be underestimated. They just might be more entertaining than these Champions League first legs.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It was to expect that we lose in madrid, even though I would have liked to see us scoring.
But we still have all chances in the second leg, I wouldn't be surprised if real goes through tho

But please Müller instead of ribéry nexttime

phil

could do worse
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
0-1 away is an iffy result, because it basically requires you to win by 2 goals or, at a push, face extra time/penalties. I don't doubt that Bayern could win by 2 goals at home against basically any team you care to mention, but Real are a very good side indeed and very capable of scoring a couple themselves, especially if Bayern actually have to set themselves up to be offensive.

Honestly I think it's about 50/50 now, but I expect that whichever team makes it through will win the final without much difficulty.

Wow I didn't actually think Spurs would consider Moyes lol... Didn't think anyone wanting to get top 4 would think he has any respect with top overpaid players.

Also Cleverly lol that is bullshit if I ever saw it. Wenger has about 5 kids ready to step into midfield as it is, as it always is. Zelalem, Eisfeld, Toral and Olsson have all been bigged up at some stage and he still has Coquelin out on loan lol. Let's not forget Abou "like-a-new-signing" Diaby is back. We have so many damn mids he had to let Frimpong leave which made me sad...

What's Chelsea's likely line-up this weekend? Schwarzer; Azpi, Ivan, Cahill, Cole; Luiz, Matic, Willian, Oscar, Schurrle; Ba?

Mikel and Lampard will play because they're suspended for the Athletico game. As will Matic and Salah because they're cup-tied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)