2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Nah I think Sanogo looks slicker, taking more skilful touches whereas Torres was a speed machine who has had his speed taken away so has had to try to adapt. Sanogo doesn't have that look of a penalty box predator that Torres has, but I think Torres's one-two touches and control is very bad and looks clumsy - kinda like Giroud. I don't know how long we have to wait before Sanogo can finish though but he looks to have much more potential than Giroud.
His touch might be bad and he can't finish but his link up play and ball control has certainly improved from what it was in his Liverpool days. As a result of the decline in his confidence, he often exhibits unselfish play unlike his former self.That being said, I don't want to see him on the field unless we're up by 2/3 goals. I'll be sorely disappointed if I don't see Ba start tonight. Not just because he scored a tap in (more like a stretch in) from a lucky deflection, I have been saying it all season; he is, imo, our best striking option. I don't care if Eto'o has scored more, Ba needs to play every week to perform well. Had we let Sturridge play regularly, he'd be notching up double figures for us right now.

And, speaking of a "speed machine", Atletico are reportedly lining up Chicharito as a replacement for Costa for whom they are rumored to have agreed a summer deal with Chelsea.

phil

could do worse
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man City vs Liverpool kicks off at 13.37 o.O

I'm kinda past caring about the top 3 but Chelsea is my favourite of the 3 top teams so I'm kinda hoping for a draw between City and Liverpool. Expect a good game at any rate between 2 first-rate attacking sides with shaky defences.

I bet on a draw lol!

Also months ago I started seeing Arsenal shirts around town for the first time, I think I posted about this, they've all disappeared now though. But I am seeing far less Utd shirts this season lol :D :D

Funny how Southampton are considered to be having a great season and doing everything right while Newcastle are having a shambles of a campaign yet they're on 48pts and 46pts lol! Also City are ded

sturridge has been nothing short of useless. lazy and he hasn't got his shooting boots on today. i hope he proves me wrong in the second half.

HBK

Guys, please don't score any more goals.

Edit: On second thought, a City defeat would be better for us; GO LIVERPOOL!

Last edited:
Good result for us in this thread. assuming there are no man city fans in here

We benefited massively from refereeing decisions today. i WANT man city to feel cheated just so they would know how we felt when we lost at the etihad.

Unreal result for Liverpool, but nothing is decided yet. City have the easier run in on paper and Mourinho will now have his eyes on the title too. This game decided whether City won the title or the others still have a chance. Chelsea vs Liverpool is the real 3 way decider. Unbelievable finish to the season!

I really don't want to see Gerrard getting overemotional in all of this. We're still very much inferior to City and Chelsea in terms of talent and they're not far behind at all. I probably still wouldn't classify us as favorites.

HBK

Please, what use is all the world class talent in the world when you can't put the ball in the net. We'd kill for players like Suarez and Sturridge. We might not even win the rest of our games even if we beat you guys. You are, by no means, inferior to us.

HBK

LOL Who do you think I am, Mourinho? Praying that we can some how scrape a goal in at the Liberty stadium and not let any in.

two yellows= red.
the swansea fans are hilarious though, booing schurrle when they really should be saving that for flores who deserved to be sent off after both challenges.
A bit more composure in front of goal with oscar should be able to get the win.

it's really sad that Chelsea spend so much money on creative players yet still play the way they do. I can understand Roman Abramovic's frustrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)