Move 1: Water Spout
Move 2: Shadow Ball
Move 3: Ice Beam
Move 4: Trick
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Why this set deserves to be on-site:

1.Outspeeds Everything Base 116 Speed And Up(No Boosts)
2.Surprises Most Teams
3.Water Spout Can Dent Just About Anything In The Rain

Additional Comments:

1.Blizzard Is A Great Coverage Move
2.Water Spout Does A Lot Of Damage In The Rain
3.Shadow Ball Is A Good Stab Move
4.Trick Is Just In Case You Are Threatened And Need To Get Rid Of The Scarf

Other Options:
1.Surf Can Be Used Over Water Spout If Constant Damage Output Is Wanted.
2.Scald, Although Weaker, Has The Potential To Burn And Cripple The Opponent.
3.Blizzard Can Be Used Over Ice Beam, Especially In Hail, If You Want To Hit Both Opposing Pokemon
4.Energy Ball Ball Can Be Used To Attack Opposing Water Types, Namely Gastrodon
5.Giga Drain Is Another Option That Provides Healing Although Is Slightly Weaker

Teammates & Counters:
  • Really Depends On What Jellicent Is Choice Locked Into:
  1. Gastrodon Is Good When Locked In Water Spout
  2. Weavile Is Faster And Can Hit Super-Effectively
  3. Other Weather Inducers For The Fact That It Weakens Water Spout
  4. Faster Choice Scarf Users
  5. Ferrothorn Just Naturally Walls It
  6. Thundurus(Both Forms)- It has no issue really taking Jellicent out and should always have a counter when using this set
  • Teamates:
  1. Politoed To Set Up Rain And Can Spam Surf To Heal Jellicent
  2. Togekiss And Zapdos To Take Care Of Fighting/Grass And Hit With Heat Wave
  3. Conkeldurr Is Great Because It Can Take Out The Faster Scarf Users That Threaten Jellicent With Mach Punch

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You haven't really done anything wrong, per se. It's just that this forum is mostly dead.

Here are some comments:

Although the set isn't really too common to see anymore, due to most Pokemon being more than bulky enough to take a Water Spout, it's still a somewhat valid moveset.

-Sludge Bomb is only really useful against Abomasnow and Ludicolo, and probably not something you want to be locked into.
-Energy Ball/Giga Drain is in a similar boat, being only particularly effective against Gastrodon.
-I'd say that Ice Beam/Blizzard and Trick are the best moves for the 3rd and 4th moveslot mostly likely

EVs and nature are straightforward

-Watch out for Faster Scarfers, namely TTar, and Hydreigon
-Ferrothorn will wall you, most swift swim Pokemon aren't bothered much by Scarf Jellicent

You haven't really done anything wrong, per se. It's just that this forum is mostly dead.

Here are some comments:

Although the set isn't really too common to see anymore, due to most Pokemon being more than bulky enough to take a Water Spout, it's still a somewhat valid moveset.

-Sludge Bomb is only really useful against Abomasnow and Ludicolo, and probably not something you want to be locked into.
-Energy Ball/Giga Drain is in a similar boat, being only particularly effective against Gastrodon.
-I'd say that Ice Beam/Blizzard and Trick are the best moves for the 3rd and 4th moveslot mostly likely

EVs and nature are straightforward

-Watch out for Faster Scarfers, namely TTar, and Hydreigon
-Ferrothorn will wall you, most swift swim Pokemon aren't bothered much by Scarf Jellicent
Wow I totally forgot about posting this lol. Ok changes will be made and then what else after this? Do I have to wait for others to look this over?

tehy

Banned deucer.
You should probably PM a QC member of this forum if you're still interested after all this time. if you're not you can just tell them to move it to Locked and Outdated

...This is a VGC analysis Magcargo. Blizzard is being used for its multi-targeting and synergy with Abonasnow (I would still slash Ice Beam before it though) and Giga Drain is AC material because the only thing it hits hard enough is Gastrodon. As for Rapid Spin support: no. Hazards are literally a non-factor in VGC.

...This is a VGC analysis Magcargo. Blizzard is being used for its multi-targeting and synergy with Abonasnow (I would still slash Ice Beam before it though) and Giga Drain is AC material because the only thing it hits hard enough is Gastrodon. As for Rapid Spin support: no. Hazards are literally a non-factor in VGC.
So you want to switch Ice Beam with Blizzard or just mention it?

Actually Blizzard should probably be AC since this set will usually be used on rain teams (or at least Water-centric teams), which usually don't have Abonasnow, unless they're those rain-hail hybrids that use Lapras/Jynx/whatever. Just as well, since hail is going to be weakening Water Spout. So yeah, replace Blizzard with Ice Beam.

Actually Blizzard should probably be AC since this set will usually be used on rain teams (or at least Water-centric teams), which usually don't have Abonasnow, unless they're those rain-hail hybrids that use Lapras/Jynx/whatever. Just as well, since hail is going to be weakening Water Spout. So yeah, replace Blizzard with Ice Beam.
What else would you recommend?

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think you should probably note how big a counter Thundurus is to this. Either forme as well. I mean, Ice Beam will do some damage to it, but probably not enough to OHKO it, with no stab, and if you're setting up rain for yourself, a Scarf Thundurus is going to enjoy getting the Thunder off no problem. Just seems like you'll always have to look out for one of those.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
252 SpA Jellicent Water Spout vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus-T in rain: 130-154 (83.87 - 99.35%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Jellicent Water Spout vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus in rain: 130-154 (83.87 - 99.35%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Jellicent Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus-T: 108-128 (69.67 - 82.58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Jellicent Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 108-128 (69.67 - 82.58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

fun fact, 4 HP EVs prevents Thundurus (both formes) from ever being OHKOed by Water Spout.

252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunder vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Jellicent: 216-254 (122.72 - 144.31%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Thundurus Thunder vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Jellicent: 192-228 (109.09 - 129.54%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Jellicent: 168-200 (95.45 - 113.63%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Jellicent: 152-182 (86.36 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The calculations are off.
Keep in mind to use the stats of the Pokemon at level 50. Also take into account that you will rarely be hitting a single target with Water Spout, and thus it will be weakened to 75% of its usual strength.

Other things to mention,
-Anything with Sucker Punch can reduce Scarf Jellicent's effectiveness
-note Scarf Tyranitar, Chandelure, Rotom-A, and Hydreigon as specific examples for faster scarf users

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
State that a teammate with Surf is amazing on Jellicent because it powers up Water Spout due to Water Absorb. Politoed is probably the best guy for this because he provides rain as well.

The calculations are off.
Keep in mind to use the stats of the Pokemon at level 50. Also take into account that you will rarely be hitting a single target with Water Spout, and thus it will be weakened to 75% of its usual strength.

Other things to mention,
-Anything with Sucker Punch can reduce Scarf Jellicent's effectiveness
-note Scarf Tyranitar, Chandelure, Rotom-A, and Hydreigon as specific examples for faster scarf users
I totally forgot about the power drop. Let me fix that.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
I Think You Use A Lot Of Capital Letters.

Nothing really wrong with the set, so I'll approve it. Be sure to mention other move options like Energy Ball, Scald, Blizzard, and even Surf if you want to consider other moves to use. However, this shouldn't be going on site until Jellicent gets a full revamp done.

[qc]1/3[/qc]

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
You aren't allowed to use custom names for sets like these without permission. "Man of War" is a pretty irrelevant set name for a Choice Scarf Jellicent anyways. I'd suggest changing it to "Choice Scarf".

I wouldn't have a problem with a custom name if it wasn't as vague as Man of War. save yourself the trouble and change the name back to Choice Scarf. remember, the joke has to come to you, don't force it

after you do that and make biosci's changes i'll stamp this

I Think You Use A Lot Of Capital Letters.

Nothing really wrong with the set, so I'll approve it. Be sure to mention other move options like Energy Ball, Scald, Blizzard, and even Surf if you want to consider other moves to use. However, this shouldn't be going on site until Jellicent gets a full revamp done.

[qc]1/3[/qc]
The changes will be made!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)