1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

2013 Global Showdown: Nintendo's official 3 vs 3 Ubers Tournament!

Discussion in 'BW Ubers' started by Theorymon, Jul 17, 2013.

1. everybody

everybody

Yeah!! I have a 22:1 win lose ratio right now, and my team is a combination of every generation. The only time I lost was from an SD arceus that had... outrage?!
    I was skeptical of my first 3 pokes, but they really pulled through and proved me worthy.
    Hows this: SubDDnite, Cold+Coat Suicune, jolly groudon, ACR 6.8 (you can see him in my ubers thread), Thundurus-I, and dragon gem RESHIRAMPAGE!
  2. Brophlosion

Brophlosion

Hey everybody! Just thought i'd leave this here. I'll be streaming my games once I get off work. There is a vod up from my games yesterday if anyone wants to watch :)

http://www.twitch.tv/eye_shine
  3. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

Oh. It's started. lol whoops. Still gotta get my team in order. Haven't used mons like these since '10.

/me boots up Pearl to find some ubers
  4. everybody

everybody

Hey if someone has a better Gamestop suicune at least sheer cold, can I have it becuase mines has a poor IV seed (9 Hp/23 def/0 spdef).
  5. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

lol 3rd battle of the tour was a dc. I guess that's what happens when you try using Liepard. Other than that no losses yet lmao, joke teams ftw!!
  6. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

Also, what's the DC rate we need to get under? This isn't looking good.

WWDDDwwLWDDwww
  7. locoghoul

locoghoul

are u ppl on the PS ladder? I never find anyone...
  8. Level 51

is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

No, actually. This is a Nintendo tournament and it's conducted over Nintendo WFC.
  9. Brophlosion

Brophlosion

I think there is an actual server with all the rules for this tourney in it. Thats probably what hes talking about.
  10. Level 51

Yes, there is a Pokemon Showdown ladder for this. However, I was referring to the fact that most of the people to reply in this thread were probably too busy rushing battles in the tournament to recreate their teams on PS and hop on the ladder (only to face people using weird teams composed mainly of Starters). :/
  11. Theorymon

Theorymon ☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

So yeah, the tournament is over... However, this thread is not! Since I'm pretty sure gamefreak will have these kinds of GBU tournaments in Generation 6, I think Ubers 3vs3 is still worth discussing and exploring, so continue that here!
  12. Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

It's actually still ongoing. Should be ending this afternoon. Either somebody started the tournament early or got their times mixed up.
  13. cant say

cant say

I didn't get a chance to play this tournament as much I wanted to with work and other stuff on over the weekend, so in a desperate attempt to crack 1700 I stayed up to battle till the end just now, and ended up getting so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open. In my last battle the guy lead with Metagross (the first i saw all tourney) and I just didn't know how to handle it. It took down my Deoxys with about 40% health. Then for some reason I thought it would outspeed my Kyogre so I thunder waved it instead of killing it...

Aside from that it was a fun tournament! I faced a disappointingly high amount of low ranked players with mostly in-game teams, and any time I was about to beat someone with 1750+ they would just DC :(

Deoxys-A was probably MVP for me, crazy coverage and strong priority was perfect for fast paced 3v3. It always got me a 3-2 lead (except that damn Metagross) and sometimes an easy 3-1, making Extreme Killer Arceus' job very easy

I'll admit my prep for this tournament was very rushed, I just slapped together some event legends that I've never used in-game for the fun of it and they somewhat worked together

I mostly went with Deoxys-A > Scarfsect > EKiller and try to get things done quick. I'd sometime bring in Kyogre to counter weather and Reshiram / Kyurem-W, and it's thunder wave support helped setting up with Arceus easier. Then I just had Keldeo and Meloetta riding the bench

Think I ended without about ~1670 so bit disappointing but had a lot of fun anyway.
  14. Solerme

Solerme

are results out? If yes where?

Thank you :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)