1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

2013 International Challenge -January- [RANKINGS RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Global Battle Union' started by Sidfrid, Jan 11, 2013.

1. BlankZero

BlankZero
    is a Tutor

No DCs yet, and only 3 losses out of about 10 matches, all the losses were 1-0 at the end though. Ferrothorn is pulling weight out there :D
  2. Xen

Xen

I think I'm gonna call it a night. Got 20 battles in, rating sits around 1620, 14 Wins, 6 Losses, and 2 DC's (one of which could've possibly been not intentional)

Good luck to everyone else who's currently competing!
  3. Plasma.EXE

Plasma.EXE

Tried searching it and couldn't get anything (I remember videos staying up for at least a month in 4th gen), try uploading it again if that's possible. It must have been a few weeks ago since I haven't played much since school started up again (think I only played a tiny bit recently before this competition started, my memory is fuzzy >_<).

20 battles in and sitting at 1623 (with only 1 D/C that couldn't have been intentional since I lost and forfeited), lost track of my record DX, but it's probably around 4-5 losses.
  4. TheLegend05

TheLegend05

Hello everyone. Tell me if anyone of you battles me during the wifi tournament. My name in the game is Legend:) from California.I have a hiker as the avatar. I currently have 10 wins 4 losses 1 dc. Sadly the losses were due to hax(critical hits) and one was due to a raining team.Is anyone else tired of facing raining teams?
  5. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

8 wins, 2 losses, 0 D/Cs. Ace from Ontario, Canada. I'll be recording any interesting battles and upload them to Youtube after the tournament.
  6. Nightmare

Nightmare

Did we play early? I remember playing an Ace, don't have the video though. Trainer name Whammy.

-James
  7. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

I don't recall that OT. :s
  8. Nightmare

Nightmare

Guess it was someone else then

-James
  9. Team Rocket Elite

Team Rocket Elite Data Integration Thought Entity
    is a Pokemon Researcher

You can only upload a maximum of 5 videos to Nintendo's server. If you upload a 6th, the oldest one is deleted. I'm guessing this is why the video is gone.
  10. Plasma.EXE

Plasma.EXE

Oh really? Huh.. Good to know!
  11. Zari

Zari Xenobladeaholic
    is a Pre-Contributor

Haven't posted in a while, but when I heard about this little tourney I thought I'd give it a spin, considering I haven't done any of these before. Although I seem to be getting all the D/Cers that everyone else misses, though I've not let that stop me :)

Currently I'm at 1680 ranking with 21 wins, 4 losses, and 16 (ugh) disconnects, none of which were by me :(

Interestingly enough, I've seen more sandstorm teams than rain, since I'd thought the latter would have been more dominant in this sort of thing....

I haven't bothered with my geonet, since this was sort of a rush to get back into mons and build a team, but if anyone sees a Natsuki (in english chars) it's probably me :O
  12. BlankZero

BlankZero
    is a Tutor

16 games tonight. 4 losses due to picking the wrong backup mons, but always very narrow losses.

Don't know my ranking right now, but last I saw it was barely 1550 or so :(

Or maybe it hasn't updated yet? I hope that's the case. I'll try and get 20 or so tomorrow if my DS doesn't die
  13. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

MUST TOP SINGAPORE BEFORE I HIT MASTERS
    Jorm, Dragonite/Scizor/Metagross/Ferrothorn/Hydreigon/Volcarona

edit: ok so I somehow forgot Japanese dudes are allowed in here. ggGG
  14. araluen7

araluen7

Out of the 10 battles I did last night, Over half were Japanese players :(
  15. SchnitzelLion

SchnitzelLion

A wild Citro joins the Tournament :P

Ok,my Trainer nmae is Citro,and i use a sandstorm team :P
    Didnt fighted yet D:
  16. Tenodera

Tenodera

I've been lurking for an awfully long time, but now that this is up I may as well start posting again! I'm here as Tenodra.
  17. HeroxD

HeroxD

hi guys,
    played 3 games WON 3times but all Disconnect. do i still get points or i get notig

Trainer name is Kemal i have mix sun team.
  18. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

Looks like the japanese have a fetish for Techniloom, and looks like the like to pair it with volcarona, that combo proven to be tought to beat. Everyone i faced i losed that battle.

Anyway, the master division is a little rough this time, good strategies, nice combos and deadly predicction.
  19. Plasma.EXE

Plasma.EXE

Have had a lot of great and clutch matches with or without hax. Successfully using magic coat on a Breloom is the most satisfying thing ever.
  20. Xen

Xen

Can't reupload it sadly. Try inserting the number in Pokecheck's VS Player and see if anything comes up.

Did you battle a Youngster named Joe, from North Carolina? I remember battling a Natsuki. Can't remember your team though. :/

Anyway, still going strong. 18 wins and 6 losses, along with 2 DCs. Rating fell behind a tad bit though, due to losing against some 1650+ players.

I also apologize to the Japanese dude that I just beat by getting a crit with -6 Scarfed Hydreigon's Draco Meteor, against Tyranitar under sand. I would've and should've lost that match. :(
  21. Plasma.EXE

Plasma.EXE

Oh, didn't know that site had a Vs. player check (dang, you can even stalk what nature/move-sets people run). I remember that match actually when I was cursing at rock slide missing lol.
  22. Chase

Chase

29 W / 2 L / 6 DC (1743 points) far now, it's pretty good, I think

glad I didn't see much d/cs, I just won a battle by freezing the opposite hitmontop at the end of the match, sorry if you are reading!
  23. Battra

Battra

Well I apparently suck no matter what I use, so far out of 15 games I've only won 1.
  24. Cybertron

Cybertron Can't Hit WoW
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

25. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

[​IMG]
    I certainly love winning as I have not yet lost since that very first match. There have been some closer matches though like the last 2 shown here. One of them had a stall chansey. By now I should be over 1650.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)