2013 Pokémon World Championships and Livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

This weekend is the 2013 Pokémon World Championships! Top players from around the world will be participating in the invite-only tournament this weekend in Vancouver, Canada to decide this year's Pokémon World Champion. This year's players hail from Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and of course the United States -- home of three-time World Champion Ray Rizzo (Ray). They will be joined by four more players who qualify during the Last Chance Qualifier tournament held Friday directly before the main event.

Not able to attend? The newly created official Pokémon TwitchTV channel will livestream the single elimination top cut rounds and finals of all three age divisions. Improving on last year, they have even pulled from the community to provide commentary with YouTube star Josh Wittenkeller (JWittz) and The Top Cut's Josue Rojano (Crimz) doing commentary for the TCG and Nugget Bridge's Scott Glaza (Synre) and Evan Latt (evan) doing commentary for the video game.

Stream Schedule
August 10
  • 5:00PM – 7:30PM PT: Video Game Top Cut
  • 7:30PM – 12:00AM PT: Trading Card Game Top Cut
August 11
  • 9:00AM – 12:00PM PT: Video Game Finals
  • 12:30PM – 5:00PM PT: Trading Card Game Finals
Discuss the 2013 Pokémon World Championships here and on #pokemon on IRC.

So Ryosuke beat out Aaron Zheng to make it to the finals tomarrow. Haxy match, and I wanted Aaron to win :(. Regardless, good fights and both players should be proud of their performance. Good luck to Ryosuke in the finals!

Last edited:

coR.

Banned deucer.
lol after the first game I thought that Cybertron would had won easy the rest of the series... but he was so damn unlucky in the second game... :l

gg's btw.

Brendan Zheng wins the Junior Devision World Championships, with a 2-0 victory over Fuko! Great job Brendan!

And now Hayden McTravish, from LCQ took the Senior's World Championship. Very impressive feat by Hayden, showing the importance of LCQ in Worlds.

The masters champion is Arash Ommati from Italy, who took an impressive 4-0 victory over Ryosuke in the second match! This is our first European champion, deffinately a momentous moment for VGCs.

Yeah it was an amazing final. Also loved how he played out during the final. And as they said during it, he basically made the right call every single turn, it was very impressive to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)