2013 Spring Friendly

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Playing my first match now. Team looks fairly fire weak - Durant, Heracross, Ferrothorn, Mienshao, among others. The level 30 thing is weird though.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm using it. Whether that's a good or bad idea remains to be seen.
It may be useful with its powerful Hydro Pump and Secret Sword (especially with Specs, with what i'm thinking to use it), but i'm not sure if i should use something more "specialized" for that Tourney, like a member of the Tao Trio or something that can take hits excepcionally well from them and the other popular 'mons, like the Kami Trio ones and Sand/Sun abusing 'mons.

Edit: i thought about using Weavile or Mamoswine instead of Keldie, would it be a good idea or should i stick to something else?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Figures I build a team around CB Genesect and then get a SpA boost literally every time I send it in :evan: Oh well, I'm still doing a lot better than in most of the other tournaments, 18-2 with no DCs yet.

It may be useful with its powerful Hydro Pump and Secret Sword (especially with Specs, with what i'm thinking to use it), but i'm not sure if i should use something more "specialized" for that Tourney, like a member of the Tao Trio or something that can take hits excepcionally well from them and the other popular 'mons, like the Kami Trio ones and Sand/Sun abusing 'mons.
So far, I've found that it's really good when I can kill something with Hydro Pump, but Secret Sword just doesn't have enough power behind it to deal with the major Fighting-weak mons like Kyurem. Nothing spectacular overall, I'd probably replace it if I had a chance to rebuild my team.

Been battling in the Masters Spring Friendly, and hasn't been anything too difficult yet.

However, I've come across something weird: I can't upload any Battle Videos for it! None of the ones no matter whom I've battled have been allowed to upload, yet I can upload my full team in a quick test match.

Anyone else having the same trouble? Are such battle videos now banned? I noticed too when I searched for Competition battles they were all doubles matches, not singles as I expected to see.

Been battling in the Masters Spring Friendly, and hasn't been anything too difficult yet.

However, I've come across something weird: I can't upload any Battle Videos for it! None of the ones no matter whom I've battled have been allowed to upload, yet I can upload my full team in a quick test match.

Anyone else having the same trouble? Are such battle videos now banned? I noticed too when I searched for Competition battles they were all doubles matches, not singles as I expected to see.
To me it sounds like hacks. Either all of your opponents so far are using hacked Pokemon (makes sense since legends are allowed), or you are using hacked Pokemon.
A battle video saves data of all the Pokemon in the battle, and when you play it, it just makes that Pokemon data reenact the actions of that battle (so it's not really a video, per se). If there are illegitimate Pokemon present, the data is not read properly (or something), so it can't be uploaded.

Finished the tournament with a 1702 with 28 battles and like a 24-4 or 25-3 record. Kinda funny considering I suck at Single Battles.

Now back to making games.

-James

To me it sounds like hacks. Either all of your opponents so far are using hacked Pokemon (makes sense since legends are allowed), or you are using hacked Pokemon.
A battle video saves data of all the Pokemon in the battle, and when you play it, it just makes that Pokemon data reenact the actions of that battle (so it's not really a video, per se). If there are illegitimate Pokemon present, the data is not read properly (or something), so it can't be uploaded.
I actually wanted to make a montage for Youtube but it wont allow me to upload either. No, I am not using any hacked pokemon.

I think I'm gonna give it a rest and stop, I'm at 1706 with 26wins 2losses and 4 d/c's

Time to play the new Mystery Dungeon game that just came out!

If anyone faced a guy called AZ from East Midlands, that's me and ggs

I'll post my team and set when the ranks are displayed.

Who knows, I might aim higher considering most of the competition is 'free'.

AZ

300th post!

Hey guys! Just entered this because I wanted the C gear Skins (all my good pokemon are in BW1)!

See you in there with random pokemon I found in my box! All the Therian formes (un-EV'd of course) along with Excadrill, Magnezone, and Scrafty (from my in-game party) :D

EDIT: Done! 6 battles, rating of 1530. 4-2. Decent. Give me my C-gears now.

Wow, a lot of the players I've battled are extremely bad...half of my opponents used their ingame team. >.> I've had about 9 matches, and I've won every single one (one guy did D/C though).

Lando/Keldeo/Genesect wrecks everything. I highly recommend using those 3 if you've registered via PGL without registering your team.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Gonna call it a night at exactly 1800. 47-6-2, definitely a lot better than I've done in past tournaments.

Also, is it just me, or is the threshold for competence a lot lower than it's been in the past? I've battled people with ratings as high as the lower 1600s who had no idea what they were doing.

A few thoughts so far:
Sheer Force Landorus is amazing, it's easily been the MVP in more than half of my battles.
Terrakion hasn't really been performing too well, it's too hard to set up with all the heavy hitters and when it doesn't set up I usually feel like I'd be better off with Keldeo instead.
Scarf Zekrom really catches a lot of people off-guard, especially since Zekrom in general doesn't seem like it's too common.

I think i'm gonna call it a night too. 4-1-3. idk why i've had so many d/c's I guess people don't feel the need to accept a loss because i'm using "Ubers"

Gonna call it a night at exactly 1800. 47-6-2, definitely a lot better than I've done in past tournaments.

Also, is it just me, or is the threshold for competence a lot lower than it's been in the past? I've battled people with ratings as high as the lower 1600s who had no idea what they were doing.

A few thoughts so far:
Sheer Force Landorus is amazing, it's easily been the MVP in more than half of my battles.
Terrakion hasn't really been performing too well, it's too hard to set up with all the heavy hitters and when it doesn't set up I usually feel like I'd be better off with Keldeo instead.
Scarf Zekrom really catches a lot of people off-guard, especially since Zekrom in general doesn't seem like it's too common.
I decided on setting up Zekrom as well, Though I went with a banded one. Tailwind from Tornadus and thunder wave from thundurus allow me to deal with speed, with only like 35% of matches actually requiring though. I think quite a few of the people I've been playing are not aware ofwhat tailwind does. I've goten ALOT of DCs, some on my end I'm sure, my IC is not that great. Genesect has been a beat for me as well, though I kind of regret putting the life orb on him; he doesn't last long enough, and if he doesnt resist the hit or outspeed, he's usually dead, FAST. overall I'm happy though, considering this is my first ever tourney, and I'm sitting at 1737 after 51 battles.

Then there are the times where my opponent leads ninetales against tornadus, and I am so happy to rain dance then spam hurricanes.

I'm tired of these DCers!!!!
I have only 22 wins now, when I should have well over 30!
One dude from New Mexico popped up on my search thrice, I beat him all 3 times, and he left at the end of every battle!! What a loser!
This is sickening because almost everyone you find is a sore loser than can't take a loss.

I've have found a deadly and unexpected treat: Focus Sash Dragon Dance Haxorus.

Since he is sashed he can dance at least once and from then a clean sweep on a lot of teams. Lucky me I have a Sashed pokemon myself who manage to take Haxorus to the sash and a certain MIXED revange killer in the form of......... Aqua Jet Keldeo (and I manage to get Justified boost which come in hande sometime).

This tournament is a ton of fun, I'm glad they decided to mix it up again. I'm around 1660 right now. I haven't seem many, but the only DCers I've battled were in the 17 to 1800s so at least they're a tiny bit less petty than in past tournaments, where I've had people in he 1400s ragequit on me... :I

Haxorus in general is terrifying, and DD especially because of the lack of priority!

I myself run a Haxorus lead. I'm kind of regretting giving it a Lum berry, as honestly a Focus Sash hax is insanely brilliant (especially against CB or CS haxorus leads).
I kind of regret giving Focus sash to another pokemon, which I thought would be my main lead in this tourney.

But hey, Spring friendly is completely refreshing :D

Although: F U Dcers!!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I've have found a deadly and unexpected treat: Focus Sash Dragon Dance Haxorus.

Since he is sashed he can dance at least once and from then a clean sweep on a lot of teams. Lucky me I have a Sashed pokemon myself who manage to take Haxorus to the sash and a certain MIXED revange killer in the form of......... Aqua Jet Keldeo (and I manage to get Justified boost which come in hande sometime).
I've run into a ton of those. Makes me really glad I decided to run Ditto :pimp: I actually ran it because I thought I'd have trouble with Sand Rush Excadrill otherwise, but nobody has tried to set up a SD against me yet. And speaking of weather teams, sun hasn't been nearly as common as I expected it to be. Out of almost 60 battles so far, I've only seen one Ninetales in Team Preview and they didn't even use it.

That's it. I'm officially done with this tournament.
I can't take it anymore.

Last 9 battles, I've had people DC on me. They wait till their last pokemon faints and BOOM gone.
I can't believe how ridiculous people can get.

1710 points it is, after 32 (recorded) battles and about 20+ unrecorded WINS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)