1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

2013 Winter Friendly

Discussion in 'Global Battle Union' started by Judejew, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

Current rating is 1876 after 66 battles, I'm going to see if I can get up to 1900, but I keep getting paired with shitty players in the 1200-1300 range.
  2. AfroThunderRule

AfroThunderRule *yawn* ez
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Man, just got some dude with 1977 points DCing on me. Hell even the 1450 crowd are staring to DC on me. ;-;

Only have like 1916 points
  3. Branny00

Branny00

I know, I'm getting 1800s disconnecting on me. Do you get dqed if you get too many d/cs on you?
  4. AfroThunderRule

According to this article

http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/ho...ct-wifi-tournament-play-and-why-that-matters/

Yep, if people D/C on you more than against the average person you will be disqualified. :(

5. Branny00

Branny00

Uh-oh. I might not even make the rankings at this point :(
  6. TheLegend05

TheLegend05

It feels great disconnecting on the people who disconnected on you earlier >:)
  7. TheLegend05

TheLegend05

current score is 1960 in the masters division and my trainer name is Legend:)
  8. drcossack

drcossack I'm everywhere, you ain't never there

Final rating 2004 in 248 battles.
  9. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

Getting tired of everyone disconnecting on me, so I'll call it good with a 1883 rating at 62 wins, 5 losses, and a lot of disconnects. I really should've done some battles on day two, to get my rating up higher, but whatever.
  10. TheLegend05

TheLegend05

What was your trainer name? Just wondering if I battled you earlier
  11. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

drcossack was Mike from Pennsylvania.
  12. TheLegend05

TheLegend05

I wonder if he was one of the people that beat me. I only battled him once but I can't recall the match.We battled yesterday.
  13. axle

axle

So to try and combat the seriously large amount of rage quits, i started keeping the names of people who dc'd on me. i finally ran into him and decided to dc on him, only to find out if you do dc, you cant play online for an hour. so if you've been worried about people getting a higher rating after the ragequit because you completely stomped their uberless team, dont be, cause if they rage quit once, they will rage quit again.
  14. TheLegend05

TheLegend05

Dammit the tournament ended :( I wanted to reach 2000. All well there is always next tournament. My final rating is 1976 with 213 matches.
  15. Sabregirl

Sabregirl

That battle was with me . . . next time I see that Lugia I'm gonna nuke it from orbit! O_O

I was just trying to get a few more battles before the competition ended and someone decides to have a stall war . . . :p
  16. Tenodera

Tenodera

Well I ended up with 1687, 24-3-9. Was in the middle of a great battle with somebody trying Stalltwo with Screen support.

My team, briefly, was:
    Scarf Kyurem-W, the cleaner who swept half the time and got a kill every time.
    Twave Groudon, who rocked for Sun support (Brave) and was a nice physical tank.
    Sash Shedinja took Dragon and Ice moves, burned everybody, and loved no SR.
    Lum Zekrom, the all-purpose physical attacker who took on Ho-oh and Kyogre. Wish I used more HP EVs though.
    Rock Gem Aggron, who I had to be extremely careful with but it was fun Head Smashing Arceus and Focus Punching Darkrai.
    LO Deoxys-A was deadly when he hit unresisted, and priority was rare for me, but i actually didn't use him much.
  17. BlakDragon

BlakDragon

Final rating's at 1815 after 38 battles (and about 12 others ending in a disconnection of some kind).

My team (Specs Darkrai, kyogre w/ iron ball, OTR Bronzong, SD Ghost Arceus, sub+white herb Kyurem-W, and level 1 TR Smeargle) did pretty dang well in practice.
  18. AfroThunderRule

1927 points

I wonder how decent is that? Will that get me in the top 100?

Also I should have played at least once or twice yesterday, imma kick myself if something like 5 points separates me from top 100 or something ;-;
  19. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

Overall this was a fun tournament in spite of my involved with more than 10% disconnects again. Here were all the recorded matches I was involved with as I had at least one uber from each generation and yet there were a few obvious mistakes I made but for the most part they held their ground.

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid=&facility=4&type=4&hasot=11471/38258

I had a rating of around 1760+ after 42 matches. Some of the disconnects were obviously disappointing as once again both get penalized if one or the other disconnects which I shall once again stress how unfair this is for those that abide by the rules and do their diligence. If you know you're not going to win, at least forfeit and allow your opponent to move on.
  20. NidoRich

NidoRich

I know that it's annoying that people DC on you, as they do others, but DC'ing on them is not the answer and in my opinion it would make you just as bad for DC'ing on them
  21. goldursaring

goldursaring

It's fine to disconnect on disconnectors. It probably won't negatively affect your disconnection rate, because they would have disconnected. In fact, it might even be preferable to take the disconnect and try for a different battle rather than putting effort into a match where your only choice is to lose.

Tourny was fun, I used an all uber team of Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyurem-W, Zekrom, Mewtwo and Arceus. If I did it again, I'd swap Groudon out for Thundurus, Ho-oh too, and focus less on defensive evs and more on speed.
  22. NidoRich

NidoRich

It's ok to disconnect on disconnectors? Well if you disconnect wouldn't that make you a disconnector too?

I think I'll just stick to what I do best, duking it out till the end. I'd never consider disconnecting, even on a known disconnector.
  23. TheLegend05

TheLegend05

It was a fun tourny. I have no experience in ubers or rotation battles so it felt great to try something new. I wish they announce soon what the battle format will be for the next tourney so I can start thinking of what pokemon I will use for it.
  24. TheLegend05

TheLegend05

I like how you never dc on anyone even on disconnectors. Thats great practice for an actual live event where disconnections are not permitted. But since this isn't a live event I think people who want to be on top of the tourneys leaderboards must use disconnections to stay on top. Ofcourse there is a limit to how many times you could disconnect because you don't want to get excluded from leaderboards. As soon as the tournaments results come in tell me what place you got. I am confident I will be in the top 50 because of my rating.
  25. Xen

Xen

Had a grand total of two battles this tourney, because college FTW!

We all know 1st place is mine! D;

(Btw, Magic Room + CS Tail Glow Manaphy = So much win against the very few players I've faced this tourney.)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)