2013 Winter Friendly

This was my first online tournament and i was curious to how it was the ratings system was calculated.

My total was like 1495 after 91 battles. I was officially 41-50. I had a fair amount of disconnections, although not many of them were me.

My name in the game was Jed, so if anyone battled a Jed from North Carolina, it would be cool to know.

I'm about 90% sure it uses the same formula that the TCG used for Elo except for starting at 1500 instead of 1600. I'm not sure what the K Value was because I didn't really care enough to keep track of each match and the rating difference.

I ended at 1807. I'm nervous on if I made the top 100 with that.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My team was Sableye, Mewtwo, Steelceus, MS Lugia, ScarfChomp, and Palkia. If this ever happens again, I'll definitely ditch Sableye for something more useful, since I basically never used it (though I did easily 2hko a Zekrom with it). I'd probably also get rid of Mewtwo, since despite is being useful, I never really used it too much.

Had a great time in this one. Ended at 1706 with 32 battles. I really wish that I had taken more time to raise the score, but maybe next time.

I used a team of ExtremeKiller Arceus, Ho-oh, Giratina, Heracross, Zekrom, and Rayquaza. Would definitely replace Heracross in the future - he was useless.

The team was pretty reliable. I found it easy to get a swords dance on turn one, and my Lum Berry took care of any status on that turn. Then I'd have Ho-oh put up a Sub, Sacred Fire to spread burns, then recover. Repeat until death. Giratina was there to further spread status. Once Giratina fainted or sufficiently spread status, I'd rely on my fourth to clean up before Arceus came through to murder whatever was left.

Not a terrible amount of DCs, but an enormous amount of fun. Great tourney everyone! If you have any battle videos featuring my team with a Gregory from Massachusetts, let me know!

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Final score is 1964, I didn't play as intensively as I should have :(
I saw a girl with 1987 points.
I'm curious if the girl you saw at 1987 was me. I was stuck there for a bit, but was able to raise my score in the last few hours of the tournament. My trainer name is Cyanide if that helps ^_^

What was your guys' favorite memory from this tournament?

Mine personally was facing a guy named Nate five times in a row and beating him those five times. The first time was a close match beating him 1-0 but the other four I destroyed him. That was probably due to me knowing the guys strategy after the first match. x)

Yup, that was me. However, I highly doubt I was the only Mike from PA in this tourney. If the team wasn't Kyurem-W/Arceus/Deoxys-A/Thundurus/Palkia/Mewtwo, it wasn't me.
My team was Tyranitar, Garchomp (sand veil), Aron (Shell bell),Arceus(Bug),Deoxys-S, and Ditto(Inposter).I believe it was you because that Mike had Thunderus and was from PA. I beat you but it was due to sand viel hax.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
I'm curious if the girl you saw at 1987 was me. I was stuck there for a bit, but was able to raise my score in the last few hours of the tournament. My trainer name is Cyanide if that helps ^_^
I do recall one opponent named Cyanide but forgot what was the outcome as I was goatee* with the "Weak is STRENGTH, right?" message lol.

If anything really pissed me off was the disconnection at end which involved a team with aron, tyranitar, metagross & rock-arceus. I really wanted to record that match as an example of how I pwned this team.

Edit: I beat the overall winner, but he DC'd on me before the end of last turn. Good thing I'm still ranked at 110th overall at 1770. 34 wins 9 losses

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
My team was Tyranitar, Garchomp (sand veil), Aron (Shell bell),Arceus(Bug),Deoxys-S, and Ditto(Inposter).I believe it was you because that Mike had Thunderus and was from PA. I beat you but it was due to sand viel hax.
Oh, Bugceus. Yeah, it might have been you. I ran into one or two of those. Did you have Dragon Claw on Garchomp? In one of my battles against Chomp (which 2HKOd Palkia with D. Claw), I missed a Surf and Spacial Rend.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Nintendo officially sucks. I got an 1881 after 67 battles, and then they excluded me from the rankings.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Looks like I ended up in 5th place with a score of 2008, which is shocking considering this was the first tournament I bothered to enter. Most of my battling experience is just from casual battles with friends, so I honestly had pretty low expectations as to where I'd end up in the rankings. I had a total of 104 wins, 3 losses and 20 (I think) disconnects, only one of which was on my end and only due to my router being an utter piece of garbage >_<

77th place so I am pretty satisfied. I could have tried a bit harder at the end to get a few more points, but oh well. I wish I had access to an Arceus, Mewtwo, and Kyogre as that would have made it easier to construct a good team.

Nintendo officially sucks. I got an 1881 after 67 battles, and then they excluded me from the rankings.
I had 192 wins and 27 loses according to nintendos rankings. My rating was 1979. I would have been in 15th place. I don't understand why they kept me out of their rankings. I kept track of my dcs. I only had 20 total with 10 not being mine. They were due to the servers.

Oh, Bugceus. Yeah, it might have been you. I ran into one or two of those. Did you have Dragon Claw on Garchomp? In one of my battles against Chomp (which 2HKOd Palkia with D. Claw), I missed a Surf and Spacial Rend.
Yes my garchomp had substitute Dragon Claw Earthquake and Swords Dance. He also had leftovers on him. Him and my aron were my stars of my team. To bad I couldn't really use aron on you since you were prepared unlike most people.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Wow, are you serious? What do I have to do to get into this? ._.

I mean I can't control who I play. Oh well, regardless it was pretty fun.

Im happy with my 1711 ranking considering it was my first tournament and i didnt use any legendary.
Is there any way to figure out what your ranking was in your region?

If someone took the time to manually enter every rating into a database with the country it'd be possible, but I don't expect them to do it publicly. I don't have the time to enter almost 7000 records for masters.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Im happy with my 1711 ranking considering it was my first tournament and i didnt use any legendary.
Is there any way to figure out what your ranking was in your region?
Not that I'm aware, but there's probably a way to find out. You'd have to look on their page though.

My overall report:

02/07/2013 2013 Winter Friendly Master 2004 pts. No. 6 225 Wins 23 Losses

That's not bad at all, haha. Only 23 losses. The problem is, most of those losses were fairly steep drops (averaging about -30 points a loss), so they definitely hurt more than usual. Had I prepared for Extremekiller (and level 1 Aron+Sand) better, I don't doubt I'd have lost under 10 battles - pretty much all of my losses were against one of those two pokemon. If there's another ubers rotation tournament in the future, I'm definitely using Lugia or Giratina + a weather inducer (perhaps Abomasnow)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)