2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
IMG_748418844547435.jpeg

It is done. Schürrle was bought for £18 million and sold for £23 million, great piece of business by Mourinho. If only we could've gotten rid of Willian instead although I doubt we could've broken even on what we spent on him. Regardless, this is going to make us op on FIFA (if we weren't already), people will be saying stuff like "no Real Madrid or Chelsea" when wagering *evil laugh*

View attachment 35300

It is done. Schürrle was bought for £18 million and sold for £23 million, great piece of business by Mourinho. If only we could've gotten rid of Willian instead although I doubt we could've broken even on what we spent on him. Regardless, this is going to make us op on FIFA (if we weren't already), people will be saying stuff like "no Real Madrid or Chelsea" when wagering *evil laugh*
I doubt you could have sold willian for anything near the price you needed to buy cuadrado. You needed to sell Schurrle in order to keep Fifa financial fair play off your backs so this was the only way you could have done it. I thought you guys were also linked with douglas costa as a back up too but I guess he was plan b.

Also if you play fifa as barca, real madrid, chelsea, or bayern your not having any fun with the game

What a goal:

Deadline day was boring and I'm not sure anyone really improved their squads all that much. I don't rate Bony very highly but Cuadrado could be a good improvement on Willian. Palace have done a QPR but apart from that there's nothing to say.

What a goal:

Deadline day was boring and I'm not sure anyone really improved their squads all that much. I don't rate Bony very highly but Cuadrado could be a good improvement on Willian. Palace have done a QPR but apart from that there's nothing to say.
The stories for January were the two guys who signed from like the 8th tier teams to the premier league

HBK

Lol typical Ivanovic, had an abysmal game and ended up getting himself a goal. What the fuck was Mourinho thinking starting Drogba when Rémy's fit and available.......

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
reus signed a new deal with dortmund supposedly with no release clause, so he seems to be staying for another year at least. Impressive klopp has managed to do such a good job maintaining players overall... given dortmund's budget and the number of world class players theyve had losing <1 a year is spectacular.

HBK

Spurs were the better team in the first half and would've been leading if it wasn't for some shoddy keeping from Lloris (Kane scored again lol this guy can do no wrong atm) They faded off in the second half though. Even though they were lucky that Dembélé's goal wasn't disallowed when Kane was clearly offside. Liverpool just had better options on the bench. Lallana made an immediate impact and Balotelli actually scored.......

Pretty happy with the win and Balotelli finally scoring his first Premier League goal but I'm still fuming from that second goal the referee allowed. Clear offside.

Kane playing off Sturridge needs to happen for England. It's almost like England have an embarrassment of attacking riches somehow but where have the midfielders gone...?

HBK

Goal of the season contender from Willian, if only he could do that on a more consistent basis. I was surprised to see Cech in the starting lineup but he was easily the MOTM tonight. It is troubling that we were unable to break them down though. Expected more from Cuadrado, probably needs some time to settle in. Sucks that Stoke couldn't even hold City to a draw. And Paul Lambert has apparently parted ways with Aston Villa which isn't all that surprising, they really need to step up.

Man Utd playing shit and winning games = sign of champions. Isn't that what they used to say about Fergie's old sides? Van Gaal's taking it to a whole other level.

Chelsea winning against a resilient everton even with the deflected goal pretty much sealed the epl title race for me. Chelsea has a decent gap to drop points and still walk away with the title. Man city couldn't keep up in january which they needed in order to stay in the race and now they need to hold off second place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)