2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramsey, Cazorla and Coquelin in the middle is looking good with Giroud, Ozil and Sanchez up front. Gonna be hard to fit Ox and Wilshere in when they come back.

And can we safely say Pellegrini is pretty much gone now?

Ramsey, Cazorla and Coquelin in the middle is looking good with Giroud, Ozil and Sanchez up front. Gonna be hard to fit Ox and Wilshere in when they come back.

Yes I would think so. Manchester City have the problem of seeing the greener grass on the other side. They got rid of Mancini to bring in someone who is performing worse than him with pellegrini. Who they get next is still a mystery

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name

We certainly can, which is a shame, I'll be almost as sad as I was when Moyes was sacked.

So who's everyone's favourite PL player of the season so far? Would have to be Alexis for me, such a great signing, really pulled Arsenal through some tough games, and some games where nobody felt like showing up. He assists, he scores, great player this season.

I would need to pick Harry Kane. He has had an amazing season for Spurs, and iirc he is the top scorer in the premier league together with Diego Costa (correct me if I'm wrong), which is quite impressive.

I would need to pick Harry Kane. He has had an amazing season for Spurs, and iirc he is the top scorer in the premier league together with Diego Costa (correct me if I'm wrong), which is quite impressive.
as of right now harry kane and costa are tied with 19, then aguero and charlie austin are tied with 17. Which can we all take a moment to realize how good charlie austin is, he is in a bottom of the league team and he is top 4 goal scorer right now. Imagine if he had a decent squad behind him

It will be Hazard

1. Hazard
2. Kane
3. Alexis

Kane will probably get the young player award consolation prize, even though Hazard is eligible.

Last edited:

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Terrible performance, thanks for the the three points, Rob. Now to watch City decimate the scum.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yep playing shit, one shot on target all game, and still winning. Mark of champions! 7 points clear now, even if Arsenal continue their usual incredible late season run it's going to be a long shot for them to catch up. Chelsea have got Utd and Pool at home and a match at the Emirates though, so it still could potentially get interesting :O

Regarding the Manc derby echoing your thoughts HBK, got a funny feeling City will show up today! They seriously need an overhaul in the summer though, that squad is ageing badly. Youngest player in the starting eleven is Aguero, 26.

Edit: 1-0 already, Aguero breaks his drought! City dominanting everywhere atm, form really is temporary lol. And as I type this Young scores! 1-1 what a start :O

Last edited:
Man U have literally fluked through the whole of winter and then some and are now looking good. How do they do it? Sir Alex would have been proud of that one.

But really it's good to see Van Gaal has stopped his stupid 3-5-2 experiments trying to emulate Robben with Di Maria up front and stuck to a 4-3-3 with Mata tucking in and Young providing width, the team has found fluency. Could they have been any jammier though earlier in the season throwing Fellaini up front to get knock downs and bundled-in goals last minute time and again... And De Gea saving their ass...

Man U have been jammy No Luck Involved but that wouldn't even have counted for anything If Liverpool and Tottenham hadn't also been so dire. Man U deserve top 4 for being the least shite out of the top 4 chasers. Man City will still get 3rd as they have the easier run-in than Man U and you just cannot expect a team with the quality players of city to continue in this way.

Man U have been jammy No Luck Involved but that wouldn't even have counted for anything If Liverpool and Tottenham hadn't also been so dire. Man U deserve top 4 for being the least shite out of the top 4 chasers. Man City will still get 3rd as they have the easier run-in than Man U and you just cannot expect a team with the quality players of city to continue in this way.
Man U being the least shite of the top 4 chasers? Man City will get 3rd? Its like Arsenal just disappeared from your radar all together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)