2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hummels to United rumours.... figure being thrown about is 28-30m

idk why he would though.

Dortmund aren't going to sell and Hummels doesn't want to leave.

Edit: If it isn't from Kicker or Bild I give believe a word of it.

Last edited:

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Kicker and Bild are not really reliable sources for Dortmund, usually ruhrnachrichten knows most about them.
But Watzke anyways said, that are not going to sell anyone this year after they already lost Lewandowski. Reus is most likely to leave next year due to his buy-out clause, so I wouldn't expect Hummels to leave before 2016. He got a long contract without buy-out clause and is loyal enough to not cause any problems to force a move.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
According to the Daily Mail, Rodriguez has officially signed for Real Madrid on a six year deal for £60 million to become the fourth most expensive signing ever.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
According to the Daily Mail, Rodriguez has officially signed for Real Madrid on a six year deal for £60 million to become the fourth most expensive signing ever.
still less than what most people expected, monaco only gained a ~€30 mil profit

Monaco shelled out a ridiculous fee for him in fairness.

I wonder if Madrid ever considered using Ronaldo up front, he's got the tools to do it and they have unbelievable players around him now.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Monaco shelled out a ridiculous fee for him in fairness.

I wonder if Madrid ever considered using Ronaldo up front, he's got the tools to do it and they have unbelievable players around him now.
tbh i think bale would be better playing cf than ronaldo, he played in the 10 for tottenham a bunch very successfully, and I'd definitely believe he could be a good false 9. that said, i really dont think james is as good on the wing as he is playing in the 10, so not sure that moving bale in helps immensely.

The price tag is messed up for Mathieu but at least they signed a defender and an experience one at that.

Though I have to admit that I am surprised that they didn't go for Benatia.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Adding to what Sapientia said, Real Madrid has sold players for high fees as well so the loss of money hasn't been that huge

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Adding to what Sapientia said, Real Madrid has sold players for high fees as well so the loss of money hasn't been that huge
And the big thing is theyre making it all back in shirt sales, in under a year for most of these signings. Real has such a major worldwide following that it would be almost impossible to spend so much they started to lose money, and thats the only time FFP kicks in.

It's been said before but RM and Barca getting their own TV deals is a joke. It's effectively a two team first league and the rest of La Liga is the second division. Imagine most of the PL TV revenue going to Utd and Liverpool, of course they'd try to buy everyone cos they can.

And something that took me by surprise: Vorm -> Spurs... Does this mean Lloris -> ???

Also Isco -> Liverpool rumours are picking up pace, mainly because City can't really have him cos of FFP.

Last edited:

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
And the big thing is theyre making it all back in shirt sales, in under a year for most of these signings. Real has such a major worldwide following that it would be almost impossible to spend so much they started to lose money, and thats the only time FFP kicks in.
No, Real Madrid doesn't make 100m with James, Cristiano or Bale shirts in a year. That's an urban myth and complete bollocks.

Isco rumours are not "gathering pace" all that happens is one rag post it then the rest of them just repost it saying "the daily shite has recently learned that Liverpool want to sign blahblah" it is all nonsense.

Apparently Suárez would play his first game in Barça against Real, on the 26th of October. Fun stuff, although it's hard to call that a coincidence.

Edit: Also this (if you can't see it fsr, go to realsociedad.com and search for Gerónimo Rulli news). So triangulations are still alive apparently... Rulli belongs to Estudiantes de La Plata and for some reason Real Sociedad negotiated with Maldonado of Uruguay? Nice and clean business to avoid paying taxes.

Last edited:

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
most likely he'll be flop....

first match el clasico isn't a good idea by any stretch.

I doubt he'll be playing in the match anyway

He's not allowed to train with his teammates until after the ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)