2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roma mean serious business.
Iturbe for 22 mil.
Adding depth, experience, youth ahead of return to Champions League with Cole, Keita, Urby, Ucan and now Iturbe.

With Conte leave, the league is/should be very open with Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina, Inter and Juventus challenging for the title next season.

City have bought well just need one decent centre back. It doesn't matter if Joe Hart doesn't perform they have just bought a better keeper in Caballero as a backup.

Fernando is a class holding midfielder, this was one of their problems last season if Fernandinho wasn't fit they had no one good enough to sit back and allow YaYa on his forward runs.

Real Madrid squad is insane they also look to have signed Kaylor Navas, with Courtois likely gone he is the best keeper in La Liga.

Still no idea how Chelsea will setup with all these new signings.

--------------------Courtois----------------------

Azpilcueta---Terry/Ivanovic---Cahill---Filipe

-----------Fabregas------Matic----------------

Schurrle/Willian-----Oscar------------Hazard

-----------------------Costa-----------------------

or does Fabregas get the central role of Oscar, with Ramires in midfield.

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
City have bought well just need one decent centre back. It doesn't matter if Joe Hart doesn't perform they have just bought a better keeper in Caballero as a backup.

Fernando is a class holding midfielder, this was one of their problems last season if Fernandinho wasn't fit they had no one good enough to sit back and allow YaYa on his forward runs.

Real Madrid squad is insane they also look to have signed Kaylor Navas, with Courtois likely gone he is the best keeper in La Liga.

Switch Fabregas with Oscar and Oscar with Willian, so put Oscar on a wing, Fabregas CAM and Willian next to Matic. I love Schurrle but I think the special one prefers bringing him off the bench for that extra oomph. I'd like to see how a lineup featuring both Schurrle and Oscar would mesh though tbh, so much creativity and firepower!

Roma mean serious business.
Iturbe for 22 mil.
Adding depth, experience, youth ahead of return to Champions League with Cole, Keita, Urby, Ucan and now Iturbe.

With Conte leave, the league is/should be very open with Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina, Inter and Juventus challenging for the title next season.
Ljajic seems like he is going to leave and Roma will likely go for Shaqiri.

This is how I hope and think we will line up next season, providing we don't sign anyone else.

Courtois
Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Luis
---------- Matic
---- Fabregas - Oscar
---Willian - Costa - Hazard

There have been rumours going around that we want Benatia and Griezmann and while the Benatia rumours seem more credible and legit, our friendly with Real Sociedad seems a bit bloody random.
We don't need Griezmann to be fair, would hate to see his talent wasted.
If we got Benatia then that would be amazing, while Cahill had a superb season last year, I think that's most due to Terry being a very good partner to him and you can see that Cahill wasn't that great when he played in England and with Luiz as his CB partner.

Last edited:

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Fabregas can't play dm, id expect it to play as more of a 4-3-3 with oscar dropping a bit deeper and fabregas push forward.... But its also a Mourinho team, so i don't see that aggressive of a lineup. I'd expect oscar to swing out to the right wing or come off the bench, with fabregas playing CAM in the 4-2-3-1.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Why would Mourinho buy Fabregas to play him as a CAM when we have 54665457335 of those? He'll either play as a DM or a part of a three man midfield.

Well it looks like Alaba is going to return to the midfield with bernat going to lb or if Pep is serious about the 343 then wing back.

No idea what Madrid's first 11 will look like for the upcoming season but I am sure that ancelotti is the perfect coach to work it out.

Morata to Juventus appears to be done with confirmation expected tomorrow(friday). Madrid will keep a buyback option that should be around 30-35M€.
Good business by both club imo.

michu's loan to napoli could workout to be a good deal for them. If he finds the form he had a season ago then napoli will only pay around €8 million for him.

Oh and this happened http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11295449

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Philipp Lahm retired from the german national team

Seems like 4 CBs will be our future lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)