2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suarez will be used from the bench if Barca are losing I reckon. Or if they're 3-0 up. He will take La Liga by storm, no doubt about it. I expected Bale to flop, at least in his first season, but his numbers were very impressive and Suarez is a more ready-made goalscorer than Bale.

I reckon that his ban will be reduced. I thought it was too severe to begin with.

A couple of matches look interesting from the opening weekend.
Sevilla vs Valencia
Rayo Vallecano vs Atlético Madrid
Eibar vs Real Sociedad

Edit: Also the two matches between Atletico and Real Madrid on the 19th and the 22nd are going to be great as well.

Last edited:
And the big thing is theyre making it all back in shirt sales, in under a year for most of these signings. Real has such a major worldwide following that it would be almost impossible to spend so much they started to lose money, and thats the only time FFP kicks in.
they will make back the fee for James within a month, theoretically

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
no superscizor you are wrong i genuinely believe that a big pre-season win against a semi-pro italian team means we're gonna get promoted

Theo Walcott is 6/4 to sign for Utd. What? I know that's still very unlikely but why is it so short? Who is betting on this?

Looking at the other odds:

Hummels is 1/6 to sign for Utd
Di Maria 1/6 to PSG
Lukaku 1/5 to Everton
Khedira 1/4 to Arsenal
Vidal 1/4 to Utd
Dani Alves 4/9 to PSG
Draxler 1/2 to Arsenal
Balotelli 4/7 to Arsenal
Bendtner 8/13 to Aston Villa
Pogba 4/6 to Chelsea
Schneiderlin 4/6 to Tottenham
Bony 4/6 to Liverpool
Schweinsteiger 8/11 to Utd
Hangeland 4/5 to QPR
Jay Rodriguez 5/6 to Tottenham
Cuadrado 10/11 to Barca

And they're all the most likely ones so far...

Last edited:

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Valencia confirmed they have signed Rodrigo, he and Alcacer look like a very strong forward couple (the future of Spain, most likely). Valencia ended last season in good form and if their new manager is able to continue it they should be the top contenders for the 4th place. Plus they won't play in Europe this season.

It's actually 8/19 = 42%, 8/11 in betting means if you bet 11 euro they will pay you 8 euro and give u your money back if it happens. So 1/1 is 50%. But it's not 50% at all because they need to make a profit so the actual probability is much lower than this, depending on what odds they think will get ppl to bet but also get them a profit. I'm sure you can walk into your local bookies and ask to bet on Schweisteiger to remain at Bayern, sure bets like that is the easy way to make a bit of money lol.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
wow. amazing. pointless.

would have been much better served investing in some new talent.

I'm actually very disappointed with that deal.

Drogba's last kick for Chelsea won the Champions League for us, so why ruin that?

Plus he's getting on a bit and doesn't improve our squad all too much.

Drogba is back because Mourinho wants to exert his authority on the dressing room by having someone who will definitely be on his side. Every manager does this, it's more about power, authority and politics in the dressing room than football, the fact he's still a decent striker is a nice bonus for him.

Chambers to Arsenal for £16m is unexpected after signing Debuchy. He's defo highly rated though and not as hyped up as Shaw, maybe Jenkinson's time is up...

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
wow. amazing. pointless.

would have been much better served investing in some new talent.
We have Costa and Lukaku; Mourinho wants to ease Drogba into coaching by mentoring him and he might even play a few games. We don't need any more signings.

Last edited:

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's also an interesting angle that, despite the fact they are very different players skillset wise, lukaku has a very similar physique to drogba, and as such perhaps could learn to do some of the things drogba does and diversify his game. Making lukaku significantly better longterm would be worse a lot.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Theo Walcott is 6/4 to sign for Utd. What? I know that's still very unlikely but why is it so short? Who is betting on this?

Looking at the other odds:

Hummels is 1/6 to sign for Utd
Di Maria 1/6 to PSG
Lukaku 1/5 to Everton
Khedira 1/4 to Arsenal
Vidal 1/4 to Utd
Dani Alves 4/9 to PSG
Draxler 1/2 to Arsenal
Balotelli 4/7 to Arsenal
Bendtner 8/13 to Aston Villa
Pogba 4/6 to Chelsea
Schneiderlin 4/6 to Tottenham
Bony 4/6 to Liverpool
Schweinsteiger 8/11 to Utd
Hangeland 4/5 to QPR
Jay Rodriguez 5/6 to Tottenham
Cuadrado 10/11 to Barca

And they're all the most likely ones so far...
No way is Pogba coming to Stamford Bridge, but if by some divine miracle that were to happen, I'd be the happiest man on Smogon (and would probably change my avatar too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)