2014 Music

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
New Anathema was leaked (I've only found 256 so far, no 320, although I haven't looked very hard).

Adult swim singles artists for 2014 announced.

June 9th - Giorgio Moroder
June 16th - Machinedrum
June 23rd - Destruction Unit
July 4th - Fatima Al-Qadiri
July 7th - Tim Hecker
July 14th - Speedy Ortiz
July 21st - Sleep
July 28th - Future
August 4th - Diarrhea Planet
August 11th - Oozing Wound
August 18th - Captain Murphy
August 25th - Deafheaven
September 1st - RP Boo
September 8th - Mastodon Feat. Gibby Haynes
September 15th - Run The Jewels
September 22nd - KA

Some good artists here, as always.

Think a lot of people overlooked La Dispute's release this year.

Worth a visit for this song alone. Gotta be the best thing I've heard all year.

Damn, good thing I haven't listened to the newest Omnia album yet... They just released an official video of the title track and it's just... horrible is the right word, I guess.
I still respect the guys for what they do, but they haven't really had much to offer musically in the last decade (since 2006's Paganfolk)
Warning: you might cringe while watching

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
atlantic connection just released two volumes from his archive, one volume filled w/ tracks from 2001 to 2005, and the other w/ tracks from 2006 to 2010. they are amazing, if you like bass-filled music, check them out.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
New FKA Twigs album in 8 days. I'm so ready for it. The songs she's released from it have been pretty great thusfar:

out of 324 2014 releases listened to, here's the 75 i deem worth checking out so far.

listed in the order that i listened to them, not the order that i like them.

listened to the panopticon album tonight it was pretty good :toast: but also kind of strange in that it's really weird to hear random bluegrass segments in black metal. it's a cool sound that i can get behind but i mighta liked some more bluegrassy stuff thrown in

7.5/10

listened to the panopticon album tonight it was pretty good :toast: but also kind of strange in that it's really weird to hear random bluegrass segments in black metal. it's a cool sound that i can get behind but i mighta liked some more bluegrassy stuff thrown in

7.5/10
listen to Kentucky too.

the bluefolk is better blended in the new one, which pleased me.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
new FKA Twigs album, LP1, is every bit as great as I was hoping for it to be (aka amazing). Do yourself a favor and give it a listen. I linked one of the songs a few posts up if you want to give one of em a listen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)