2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
some general thoughts:

- what was i saying about juve! they have lost their first 2 league games of the season for the first time in the 87 year history of the serie A...
- man city has already been head and shoulders above the rest of the PL from the first 4 games of the season, and now they add KDB to the squad... if he can quickly gel with the rest of the team, the title is theirs. however, for their season to be considered a true success they HAVE to succeed in the champions league
- its a shame dortmund are not in the champions league this season because they are playing AMAZING football at the moment... tuchel has really made them a fearsome team again
- ronaldo: the only player that throws a party after his team lose 4-0 and gets mad when his team wins 5-0! amazing lol

Plays afro up front, Januzaj no.10, Mata out wide, Rooney DM; gets rid of Hernandez and Januzaj, signs teenager for £36m; De Gea, Valdes and Lindegaard frozen out at the same time. Lol @ LVG

Last edited:
Well I guess we got our suprise striker after all. #LouisVanTroll

Edit: De Gea/Navas switcheroo agreed

Last edited:
Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 18m18 minutes ago
The documents did not arrive on time!!!!!! Presentation was ready. All agreed. But as it stands de Gea stays at MUFC!!
Played LVG
well played

not a fan of the deal not going through... now united end up with a half-hearted and sexually frustrated de gea who thinks they fucked up the deal on purpose just to keep him and miss out on 30m and the best de gea replacement they were gonna get

lolol... There were rumours that Utd got Navas while blocking De Gea. I hope this is true!

HAHA: "If Real Madrid miss out on De Gea, will Benitez's anti-United speech this time be "I want to talk about FAX" ? [@RobHarris]"

Reactions: tml
Manchester United sent the documentation on the right time but Real Madrid couldn’t open the document format
wtf O.o

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
United have all but signed 19 year old Anthony Martial for £36 million rofl Hazard was bought for 32 and he was twice the player this guy is.

ss234

bop.
Yeah it's a pretty ridiculous fee for a 19 year old who's only scored 11 goals in his career iirc. He has major potential but 36million is a huge gamble and puts a lot of pressure on Martial. As for the De Gea fiasco, I genuinely don't know why Real Madrid left it this late considering United were doing loads of other deals on Monday. They've only got themselves to blame, but it's not like Navas is a terrible keeper and he deserves a chance this season imo.

UEFA Champions League 2015/16 Viability Rankings:

S Rank:

Barcelona
Bayern Munich

A Rank:

A+
Chelsea London
Manchester City
Real Madrid

A
Paris SG
Juventus
Manchester United
Arsenal

A-
Atl. Madrid
Sevilla
Wolfsburg
Roma
Porto
Valencia

B Rank

B+
Leverkusen
Donezk
Galatasaray
Zenit

B
Gladbach
ZSKA Moskau
Benfica
Lyon

B-
Piräus
Dyn. Kiew
Eindhoven
Zagreb

C Rank

C+
Malmö FF
Bate

C
FC Astana
Tel Aviv
KAA Gent

Last edited:

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
De Gea's girlfriend must be losing her shit right now.

Even fate couldn't stand United's ridiculous stock clearance.

ffs, in the 80s you could buy maradona for 8m, now we have players like sterlng
UEFA Champions League 2015/16 Viability Rankings:

S Rank:

Barcelona
Bayern Munich

A Rank:

A+
Chelsea London
Manchester United
Real Madrid

A
Paris SG
Atl. Madrid
Juventus
Manchester City
Arsenal London

A-
Sevilla
Wolfsburg
Roma
Porto
Valencia

B Rank

B+
Leverkusen
Donezk
Galatasaray
Zenit

B
Gladbach
ZSKA Moskau
Benfica
Lyon

B-
Piräus
Dyn. Kiew
Eindhoven
Zagreb

C Rank

C+
Malmö FF
Bate

C
FC Astana
Tel Aviv
KAA Gent
if teams were graded on just their players, this list MIGHT be viable. but you also have to take into account manager tactics and form among other things.

Manchester United moved down to A (they beat Brugge 4-0 and you want to place them with Madrid and Chelsea? C'mon...). PSG, Atletico and Manchester City to A+. Arsenal moved down to A- (until they prove they belong in A).

If Real Madrid get their shit together they can join Barca and Bayern at S. And watch out for Atletico PSG and Man City. These teams are looking stronger than ever this season.

That's simply my opinion on what teams do have the best shot on winning the hole thing / making it very far.

Benitez isn't a good coach for them imo and they also didn't make any good transfers and didn't get De Gea so thy kinda lacc a very good goalie and that's why Real isn't S. I simply don't think their shot on winning this season is as good as Bayerns or Barcas but they're obviously a strong team so they are ranked in A+.

ManU is in A+ because they made some very good transfers this season but yes I agree they're the weakest team in A+ and they maybe can move down to A.

ManC did play very good this season yet but they did never rly well in CL but I agree too that they're the strongest team in A so they can move up to A+.

PSG and Atletico are simply not A+ material in my opinion and Atletico should maybe move down to A-.

Arsenal is fine in A I guess.

Zlatan to Arsenal, it's crazy o'clock but I can see this happening too. Not sure I like him after his comments about Arsenal but I'd love to see him in PL regardless!

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Apparently we've signed some Senegalese international from Ligue 1 and another centre back from fucking Reading. Chaos.

How many times have MUFC lost to bloody Swansea??? It's getting ridiculous. City are getting further away scoring loads every match and we re stuck with boring 1-0s. Van Gaal better know what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)