2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeong

Banned deucer.
There is nothing left for Barcelona and Real Madrid the league are played on the final day at the same time. I can nerves. Fate wanted as well and I like it, it's good for football and excitement. All of luck to Barcelona, which does not happen as Ajax lol.

Lol so in Ibra's last PSG game he walks of the pitch before the game ends; his sons follow with kits that say legend and king.
The kits were nice, but I think they made a lot too much around him. Should have been replaced normally, with the same nice standing ovation, with his kids too. But respect the game, bruh.

well his team went places...... like Burton....

and Sunderland will now go down next year, Newcastle games were guaranteed points
Sunderland won't go down. They always seem to hang on every season even though they looked shit for most of the campaign except the final few games. To their credit, they have only lost 4 times this year. Yeah, not turning into a Top 10 club soon but they are a difficult to beat team.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I feel a little bad for arsenal, you manage to top city, chelsea, united, liverpool, and spurs and still somehow not win the league.

that's thug af.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Spain relegation ''battle'' in the last 2 matchdays of the season has been excellent.

Matchday 37: Granada secure their spot in La Liga by winning 4-1 away at Sevilla, in a game in which Sevilla didn't use any of their starting players.

Matchday 38: Sporting need a victory against Villarreal (whose coach is a Sporting fan and was a player of the club back in the day). Sporting easily win 2-0 against a Villarreal that gifted them the victory.

So.... matchfixing anyone?

Was actually thiking newcastle would get a result, not 5-1 but something that isn't a loss. Both teams probably wondering what might have been though.

Now that we know its not a real bomb, I can make this joke: "This is by far the most exciting attack in Old Trafford this season."
Oh come on, if it was a real bomb it'd still be funny. Only less so, cause a real bomb would be an actual attack, which wouldn't be so bad to compare a footballing attack to.

In the battle between the two great forces of the universe, Arsenal Gravitation, which declares that all Arsenals inevitably and irreversibly gravitate towards a permanent state of 4th, and Tottenham Choking Principle, which says that regardless of the motion of a Tottenham Hotspur during the year, a Tottenham Hotspur can never travel above Arsenal in the table, the Tottenham Choking Principle has won out.

5-1 against an already relegated team after being 5 points behind the league leaders two weeks ago. Other teams choking so bad Arsenal goes 4th. EPL is craaazy.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
England Provisional 26 Man Squad Announcement:

Goalkeepers: Hart, Forster, Heaton

Defenders: Bertrand, Clyne, Cahill, Rose, Smalling, Stones, Walker

Midfielders: Alli, Barkley, Dier, Delph, Drinkwater, Henderson, Lallana, Milner, Sterling, Townsend, Wilshere

Strikers: Kane, Rashford, Rooney, Sturridge, Vardy

England Provisional 26 Man Squad Announcement:

Goalkeepers: Hart, Forster, Heaton

Defenders: Bertrand, Clyne, Cahill, Rose, Smalling, Stones, Walker

Midfielders: Alli, Barkley, Dier, Delph, Drinkwater, Henderson, Lallana, Milner, Sterling, Townsend, Wilshere

Strikers: Kane, Rashford, Rooney, Sturridge, Vardy
LOL

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
To be honest I find it worse to see Rashford than Rooney, kid hasn't proven anything gameplay-wise, even if he has scored some goals.

And dunno what's wrong about Henderson (he should be a starter for England btw), Delph and Stones, not like England has much depth on those positions anyway, who would you have selected? Townsend is awful and Wilshere hasn't been fit in ages so I'll give you those. But I mean, there aren't really many good midfielders so taking a risk with Wilshere seems fine.

Though honestly, can somebody explain how Sterling and Townsend fit as ''midfielders'' considering Hodgson has been playing 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2? Unless he's referring to wingers as midfielders too it doesn't make any sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)