2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one really expects Iceland to do well on their first European tournament, they did well qualifying but stuttered over the line.

But Portugal should have walked that game. They could be going home early.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
How many articles about ''______ criticizes the opponent defensive tactics'' are we going to see in this Eurocup??

I mean honestly, it was more about Portugal misfiring (or not being good enough) than Iceland 'parking the bus'. Iceland did play defensive, but their defence was so bad that I don't understand how anyone can complain about it lol

The self-proclaimed "best player of the last 20 years" played badly so he must make up some excuse instead of you know admitting that he was bad that night.

Yeah the "best player for the last 20 years" complained about not getting a pk after kicking the ground and flopping. I didn't realize that the parking a bus reference could be made when you get free shots at goal from like 10 yards out and either hit it straight at the keeper or not hit it at all. Freaking Nani scored

Also Dunga being fired is hilarious. Can't believe they even rehired him after the 2010 world cup

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
According to the FA's official lineup Vardy isn't starting again, but Sterling is...
if we're gonna play 4-3-3 I'd rather Sterling start on the wing than Vardy, Vardy is only good for down the centre, and I'd rather Kane than him. Vardy still remains a great option on the bench though. Tbh the wide players are England's weak point, but I think Sterling is the best option we have on the wing, so I have no problems seeing him start.

Rashford, Sturridge and Vardy were interesting. Happy that Roy gambled and it paid off, but Vardy should have started over Kane imo, looked much better in the second.

If England draws against Slovakia they still go through, really glad it's in our hands (we might bottle as is the England mantra, but happy with today after a tense 45 mins).

Sturridge looked really good today, I'd start him next time. Wales weren't great today and the result was probably fair. If England can get some momentum then it can get very interesting because there's so many options up front!

Northern Ireland have a real chance at going through now with their win...Germany don't look nearly as clinical as they did two years ago, they could pull off a result. It's so weird to see how much they miss Lahm as a leader/defender.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Northern Ireland have a real chance at going through now with their win...Germany don't look nearly as clinical as they did two years ago, they could pull off a result. It's so weird to see how much they miss Lahm as a leader/defender.
Germany struggled against Ghana (2-2) and USA (1-0) in the group stages of the World Cup, they almost lost to Algeria as well, as they were saved by an anthological performance by Neuer.

Thought Ukraine would bounce back after a pretty good performance against Germany where they might have had a goal or two but were easily outclassed by Northern Ireland. Now that they're out maybe their players will fight between each other like they did in the Ukranian Cup Final...jk but still they could have done more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)