2015 Musics - Join us at #Tunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Here's my RYM https://rateyourmusic.com/~Magus_The_Sexy

Haven't listened to a whole lot of shit this year but so far two of my favourites are records involving Keiji Haino (AKA japanese shaman music god). One is a free improv collab with Jim O'Rourke and free jazz big shot Peter Brötzmann, the other one (my favourite of the two) is a collab with aforementioned O'Rourke and Oren Ambarchi and is a big slab of improvised psychedelic noise rock, really fucking good.

Excerpt of the collab with Brötzmann:

There'll be another album of these guys released in March so that's something to look forward to imo.

Nothing of the other one on Youtube so you'll just have to trust me that it's amazing. There are download links and torrents floating around on the internet, grab one, it's absolutely worth it.

Other than that I have yesterday gotten around to the new Napalm Death album and holy balls it rocks. BKC can confirm, if I'm not mistaken.

Other than that, I dug the new Viet Cong, Björk, Oren Ambarchi & Jim O'Rourke (yes they also did an album without Haino, no I don't know how these people manage to make so much music, it's not a noise rock album though but more of an EAI kind of thing) and Susanne Sundfor.

As for stuff released in the future: new Modest Mouse will basically be Good News Part 3 so it'll be alright but nothing outstanding, if there will be a new RtJ album it'll bang, new Sun Kil Moon was announced but I'm not really feeling The Possum so I'm skeptical, new Built to Spill is on the way which might be cool, there'll be a new Cannibal Ox album and it'll suck, if a new Radiohead comes this year it'll be decent probably but not more than that, new Joanna Newsom is always something to look forward to as she hasn't done anything wrong thus far, new Sufjan Stevens should be nice, new GY!BE will be good, new Lightning Bolt might be fun, and that's about all I can think of. Nothing in the year that looks like it's going to be absolutely amazing, but who knows.

Oh yeah and Jenny Death.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus

This is all I want right now. Judging by the two already released tracks, this album is going to be fantastic. I mean, first off, it's metal on cellos. From what I can tell, they're trying to try something new while still sounding like Apocalyptica. They have the same singer for all of the vocal tracks, and he's a good fit for the band. Plus, it doesn't seem like he's very well heard of, so it's nice that they're giving someone who doesn't have much recognition a shot (even though Apocalyptica themselves are relatively unheard of in the US outside of "I Don't Care")

I'm noticing a lot of hipsters complaining about the sound. I see nothing wrong with it. To me, it still sounds like Apocalyptica. Are they throwing a fit over Franky Perez? Personally, I couldn't care less if they make Franky Perez a permanent vocalist. Don't get me wrong, Apocalyptica's instrumentals are great, and I hope Shadowmaker still has plenty of instrumental tracks, but I've noticed that most people don't listen to bands for having great instrumental tracks. If they can fit in a permanent vocalist without losing track of who they are as a band, that's fine by me. It'd probably help them get a boost in popularity, so I really do think it's just hipsters getting at them because they think they're selling out or something. (Besides, as far as I can tell, their only singles since Worlds Collide, if not earlier, have been vocal tracks)

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
etherwood has released a new single! here's the sample clip from soundcloud. needless to say, i'm hyped up for his new album if this single (and his previous works) are anything to go by.

e: krakota's single "ice hands / ghosts" is out too!

Last edited:

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
anyone a fan of catfish & the bottlemen?? they released an album on january 6th of this year and it saved my life

one of the best on the album

homesick is also a good vibes song

only 37 minutes but dear god it's good

lol shit the sufjan got leaked?
i wasnt digging the bjork at all. gonna bump the father john in the future

If I got a dollar for every time I saw his name coming across I would've been freaking rich by now.

Last edited:
Ginku
I think it's good. better than gkmc but i wasn't a huge gkmc dude. the first 50 minutes or so are really strong and then it kind of lets up from there. the 2pac thing is ok until the end where kendrick ends the album yelling..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)