2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so this on BBC's gossip column
Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino's contract includes an 'anti-Arsenal' clause, with the 25-year-old Brazil international's £82.6m release clause able to be triggered by any club except the Gunners

:D the arsenal one is 82.6m +£1

West Ham are planning to move for Manchester United's Belgium midfielder Marouane Fellaini, 29, when the transfer window opens next month

yes... take him away, please.

Knew City would get beat, Peps tactics are ripe for exploitation by Leicesters.
shame I forgot to put some cash on it :(

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We're top of the table but that is due to end after this match (Chelsea v West Brom) unless West Brom pull some amazing luck out from somewhere. HT and it's 0-0 so lets see...

Don't you MU fans get tired of repeating the same thing?

The injury list is growing for Liverpool. Even the back-ups aren't immune. The bench is filled with kids.

Liverpool has shit depth and injuries are going to expose the fuck out of them? Shocked.

Man. Is this going to be back to back seasons where Arsenal ball out but still fall short to an unexpected title winner? Like damn.

Liverpool has shit depth and injuries are going to expose the fuck out of them? Shocked.
The problem is that the injuries all happen in the attacking positions while the defence is the one causing us to drop points, not the attack. However, any more injuries to attack and we'll be left playing unproven academy kids.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Of fucking course we get the unbeaten Madrid. Jesus christ Napoli legitimately have the worst fucking luck in the champions league.

So my mexican team (America) play vs Madrid in the Club World Cup and then Napoli in the UCL and I get to watch both of them lose.

Edit: Bayern vs Arsenal is fucking hilarious tho

Bayern - Arsenal, Barca - PSG and Leverkusen - Atletico again? That's very uncreative UEFA.

With Man City, Juve, RM, Atletico, Dortmund, Barca, Bayern and Sevilla we have a clear favorite in every game but I guess there'll be 1 or 2 surprises.

Last edited:

GOAO

Banned deucer.
Manchester City vs Monaco
Real Madrid vs Napoli - I think napoli will take the game on italy tho
Benfica vs Borussia Dortmund
Bayern Munich
vs Arsenal - ayyy
Porto vs Juventus - rape
Bayer Leverkusen vs Atlético de Madrid - rape
Paris Saint-Germain vs Barcelona - PSG isnt even #1 on ligue 1 lolo
Sevilla vs Leicester - close

Last edited:
well yea... Arsenal won a group when a lot of the better teams finished second. not that it mattered given the team that came second didn't get a better draw.

Liverpool has shit depth and a shit goalie.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Champions League's draw fucking sucks, it has a lot of restrictions to ensure that the TV companies get the best possible deal, that's why every year we get the same matchups, because group stage is basically always the same. I'd say the system needs a huge overhaul but let's be serious, UEFA knows this is what they want.

Bayer Leverkusen vs Atlético de Madrid - rape
Just like 2 years ago right?

Man City will do well not to take Monaco lightly though, they have 53 goals in the league, despite the league not being that high in quality (still way more goals than Paris and Nice who have 32 each). This Monaco side is also better than the one that reached the Quarter-Finals two years ago. In order for Man City to be sure enough of winning this they will need to bring in at least two half decent defenders in the winter, which they should be able to do or else they'll be giving up hat-tricks to Falcao everywhere.

The matchups are getting tiring. It's not even about wins/losses. I legit, like most, am just so tired of seeing the game draws.

I want Madrid/Arsenal

City/Juventus

Bayern/Vardy

Barcelona/anyone but PSG and Arsenal.

Just some fun variety. They do put too many restrictions on potential matchups and I'm convinced they manipulate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)