2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I swear it feels like Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Man United don't even want champions league football next season

yea we had at least 4 games where we should have won, at least... we should be up there with Chelsea.
still Liverpool made a draw against Hull look good

Teams sit back and hit us on the counter. We have 0 plan against such teams as you can't press them and they give you no space in the final 3rd.
Amazing how this year's Liverpool is so similar to Inter Milan.
Struggled a lot with that especially in the first part of the season with De Boer (who lost a lot of points against weak defending sides like Palermo, Bologna, Cagliari, Sampdoria, Chievo) and have improved now with Pioli by increasing the number of low quality chances even more and using aerial play more from Icardi and Perisic with Candreva/JM crossing like crazy.
Probably the two should train more "less predictable" combinations in the center for next season...

The Spurs scouts who went to Anfield should be sacked. Everyone knows we struggle against teams that sit back and they had the team to try and attack at Anfield.

Meanwhile, Fernando Torres did this yesterday.

Paris pulled that out of who knows what. Worst you'll see of MSN probably ever. Messi got ended by Rabiot and Meunier pocketed Neymar.

Not just that but the defence and midfield look totally disjointed and they got dispossessed very cheaply while not closing down attackers or tracking runners.

Ozil is a class player but he's become a relic of a bygone time. There is just no place in the modern game for a pure playmaker like him anymore. Look at Fabregas at Chelsea, another player with one of the best first touches I have ever seen.

Legit thought Arsenal had a chance given how poorly Bayern has been playing this season, but damn, now I hope they can sustain this form.

And what about how poor Arsenal has been this season? Especially their performance in the group stages of the Champions League was absolutely terrible.
Oh, no doubt. Groundhog's Day for the rest of Arsenal's existence until major things change.. too tired and don't care anymore tbh.

I posed this question a few years ago (5 probably) to a group of Arsenal fans: would you sacrifice one year of Champions League football if it meant getting Wenger fired?

The answer I got was a unanimous "no", but I wonder if things have changed now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)