2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like...why would you use zonal marking on a corner?

Honestly that last corner summed it up.

Blurry picture, but three/four white shirts go for the ball. Arsenal players nowhere near it.

Man Utd will have played three games in seven days, we'll be in sixth for a while me thinks

edit: hells yeah, we're not 6th anymore /s

Last edited:
All this "chaos" going on in Arsenal..it's not even entertaining though. But it does seem like Arsenal and Arsene are trying their fucking best to finish this season with dignity and put blinders on so he can have some sort of proper send off, instead of a mid-season boot like any other manager. But there is no chance in that.

Arsenal has been the same type of club for at least a decade now. Privileged, coddled, no true hunger(if theyre hungry they have no direction), nonpressured players that just hope shit works out rather than bust their asses to be champions at anything on any stage. Wenger has made that the environment even moreso.

Arsenal isn't even enjoyable to watch, the expectations have been set.. back when Arsene came in, back when titles were won everywhere and often, when everyone in the club constantly said Arsenal are a world class club. 5th richest club.. and we still can't figure it out or truly perform and build like it.

Im so confused as to why players want to work with Wenger.. I believe it's more of a pitstop for all of those players anyways, rather than a final destination.

Apparently Wenger has agreed a one year deal...but sources are pretty unreliable so I don't know how much truth is in it.

This is just sad for Arsenal, if you've made your decision, tell the board and your fans, don't leave them hanging while the team stops playing for you.

Is that goal allowed by the laws of the game?

One of the funniest that I've seen in a while.

edit: talking about West Brom's second goal
it is if the player in the offside position is not interfering with play. He technically was not as he as not obstructing any Arsenal player from playing the ball, but he could be called if he's considered "active," its a rather unclear situation

Well, a point away at Etihad is OK. Still 4th, although MU have 2 games in hand ( Man City and Southampton ). We'll need to clear out the bottom teams to finish strongly now.

Seems like Wenger is staying on for another 2 years, according to the Daily Fail.
Said poospaper also reporting Lacazette is going to Atletico Madrid if their ban is lifted.

SkySports says that Hodgson has finally revealed why he put Kane on corners.

"Nonsense. People should be ashamed of those things. Why shouldn't Harry Kane take corners? If he happens to be the best striker of a ball in the team and gives you the best delivery, why shouldn't he do it?"

source

(also Rooney overruled Hodgson mid-game, which is why Kane stopped taking the corners)

Last edited:
Are we playing three at the back?

Ohh, I'm so happy that we're trying some new stuff

Lallana really needs to up his end product, beat Neuer but hits the post! Blistering interception/run though

EDIT: Apparently it's Ter Stegen. Well, hopes dashed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)