2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's always the same question and I now don't know what to say," Griezmann said in quotes published by Spanish newspaper AS.

"I find myself repeating myself and I certainly see myself here. I feel it's an answer that I've given so many times now but that very question is quite tiring."

Sounds like he's staying at Atletico then. I think he said something about having reservations about moving to the EPL quite some time back.

Jesse Lingard - 100k per week? The world has gone mad. He's very average despite scoring at Wembley.

I think Kane is on similar wages but he has been one of the top players of his team.

Spurs underpay though.. although maybe Spurs could sign lingard, afterall, he does what spurs can't.. and scores at Wembley :P

Tbf Sunderland's defenders are garbage. And I don't think they deserved a red card. Good goal by Zlatan though.

EDIT: Why are MU fans singing " Going down "? We all know S'land is going down and you have no special rivalry with them ( unless you just hate Moyes )

Last edited:
At least Arsenal fans will know if Wenger signed in twenty days...

First goal...literally not one challenge won.

Second goal...sublime tbf, not much one could do if you ask me (other than the obvious 'tackle before they shoot')

Strange...it's like the first 5-1 in Munich killed the Arsenal team.

EDIT: 3-0 although I didn't see the foul for the penalty so idk.

Remember kids, don't let your memes be dreams

If you really want to take it out of context, Arsenal have conceded two more goals than Middlesborough, who are 19th.

EDIT 2: Found this beauty of a quote from Wenger:

I'm disappointed and determined to put things right. Tonight the worry is not me, it's the fact we lost a big game and that's a big worry.

Last edited:

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
can't get over how bad arsenal are at defending, making andros townsend look like a world beater

It seems like another sad story happen this year. About Leicester.
They've done allright since sacking Ranieri.

Here's a table of the premier league since February. Obviously leagues aren't four months but you can clearly see which fans are excited by their team and which fans are dreading matches:

You just know that Barca's average defence and aging midfield is going to bite them later on. Since when did Barca play 3 at the back anyway?
Iniesta's been 28 for about 5 years, now he looks 40.

Not fair to say that really because he'll forever be a class player but with Xavi going and Iniesta having to do pretty much everything now, it was only so long before age crept up on him. MSN have bailed them out so much.

Still can not believe they let Thiago go to Bayern like that. Ready made replacement, only to go to the one of if not the strongest competitor in the Champion's League.

Still can not believe they let Thiago go to Bayern like that. Ready made replacement, only to go to the one of if not the strongest competitor in the Champion's League.
I feel the same about Bayern essentially trading Kroos for Xabi Alonso and cash...

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
tell me a better feeling than a 95th minute equaliser or winner lads

thank u chris wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)