2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well Ross Barkley contributed by heavy touches and losing the ball by running into defenders instead of passing.
Chelsea's april fools prank is great.

Last edited:
Tottenham made some ground, they'll be happy.

Chelsea probably most likely to win though. 7 points and a game in hand + Conte won't let them slip.

Although just read they lost two players to injury. Well...bittersweet win.

Last edited:
Was gonna post this weeks ago but didn't get around to it - I expect Wenger to stay. I don't think there's any chance he goes. The only way he leaves is when he decides to retire (because I think his intention is to stay at Arsenal until retirement) or if Arsenal finish outside of CL football for 2 or 3 consecutive seasons. Whether this is good or bad is debatable; the team needs an overhaul and Wenger is too loyal to his players. However he has done an incredible job on limited resources for a long time and it's very hard to see any manager doing a better job without spending the kind of money that Arsenal can't (or don't want to) spend.

The funniest and yet most tragic thing about Arsenal is the fighting among fans. Tragic because fans shouldn't fight each other at all, but hilarious because people say it's happening because of the manager, no, it's not happening because of the manager, it's happening because some fans are f***ing idiots by descending into violence.

Funny because Man Utd literally are mid table obscurity since Fergie left!
The 6th joke isn't funny anymore lol.

Anyway, I expect Wenger to stay too. The board and him have such a good relationship that they will not sack him despite him underperforming for a few seasons now. Yes, he has done a lot of great things but change might be needed (although it needs to be done carefully as Liverpool(after 1990) and Man Utd(after 2013) can attest to).

Talks of Sanchez moving to Chelsea cropping up.

It's on all the non-reliable sources of information (Daily, Metro, etc) but if true, dammmn. You know you're not a big club when you sell your best players to your rivals.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I mean, maybe I'm overreacting and Wenger will be able to steady the ship, but this is the year I'm less excited about Arsenal since forever. At least other years the team was good so I could hope on 'no injuries pls and they might even win'. This time I actually fear they might end in the 5th-6th place.
rip

Admirable from Williams, would have been hero had Ibra not scored

Not many games I want to see, but I am interested in seeing if Chelsea do slip up again or bounce back (and whether Tottenham can add a bit more pressure).

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
the simple problem is that man u don't have anyone that can pick open a defense when mata and mkhitaryan aren't playing. paul pogba isn't gonna do that for you and jesse lingard is a bottom 5 player from any of the top 6 clubs.

people play attack against Hull, because it is Hull, people park the bus at OT because it is away at OT...

and we scored twice.. one was wrongly ruled out for offside and the penalty. and lol at the crap ref and linos who, firstly don't give a foul, then give a goal kick when an everton players kicks it out of play... off another everton player

Zlatan looked offside to me. I mean, his head was nearer to the Everton GK. The rule says any part of the body that can score so if his head is offside, then he's offside, no?

Was just about to post that Spurs bottled it, but 2 goals in four minutes means they keep title hopes, however slim, alive.

EDIT: Make that three.

Oh and the Man Utd are 6th jokes are back on the market

Check out this Mertens goal though!

https://streamable.com/45mvx

Last edited:
I honestly see Chelsea dropping more points than Spurs in the remaining fixtures. Will it be enough to gain 8 points? Unsure. But I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)