2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being 1-0 up early in the match is probably the worst scoreline for Arsenal, they all just seem so complacent and lazy (except for Sanchez). Arsenal were too quick for City's pressing in the first half but Guardiola must have put a rocket up their arses because they were much quicker in the second half at closing down the ball. Also he put Sane and Sterling inside the fullbacks to take advantage of the spaces left by how high Walcott was and how wide Iwobi stayed, they were basically unmarked for the whole of the second half with none of the Arsenal players or Wenger reacting. Arsenal also tired and kept trying to dribble their way out of defence, it was suicide. It's times like this that Wenger needs to stop living in his perfect intelligent footballer dreamland and just yell at his wingers to come back inside and to boot it up the field a few times to scare City into not pressing so hard but he was sat silently as usual waiting for the idea to click in his players' heads... which it never did. Also Ozil was the main one trying to dribble the ball out of defence while the opponent was pressing hard all around him - talk about football intelligence... So yeah, terrible result overall!

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wouldn't say the team as a whole is lazy aside from Sanchez. That's a bit of a stretch. The Attack can be lazy at times is a fair statement and I cringe every time I see Sanchez alone chasing the ball when teams are trying to pass it around the back line because Ozil won't be helping him obviously and Giroud is.... Giroud lol. Still got love for my team though but not impressed at all to finish work to check my phone and see 2-1.

Stoke came for a physical battle. Starting Crouch shows their intent from the 1st minute. Then Mignolet gift wrapped them the goal. Glad we won though.

and today's effort sees Mike Dean crowned, worst Referee ever, and we still won.
Marriner, Friend and Pawson gives him a good run for his money. Marriner probably edges it because of the infamous red card incident.

Anyway, we won to be 6 points behind Chelsea. Failure to win would be disasterous but we held on. Aguero didn't even get the ball inside the penalty box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)