2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Spurs and Chelsea have been playing 3 at the back all season. Team that gets pcked plays 442. Especially with Mane and Hazard on the wrong side.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
UEFA had to guarantee a spot to La Liga, probably.
You have this backwards. UEFA had to guarantee that there wasn't a Spanish finals again (especially a repeat) because that would make them lose money. They get much more out of sponsors (and TV figures) if the final features 2 countries.

If Utd win the EL this season then it will be terribly unlucky for the team in 4th.
Unless they changed the rules, United winning the EL doesnt have any influence on the team ending 4th in the Premier League, 4th team would still get a spot on the CL qualifiers.

Going to be easy to go and watch today's match when I have zero expectations and zero confidence that Arsenal can do a single thing. It's going to really really suck when City destroy us.. but we don't deserve shit this season. So just going to enjoy watching the boys in red play their way... and pray a complete embarrassment doesn't happen so the players don't have to hide from society.

Going to be easy to go and watch today's match when I have zero expectations and zero confidence that Arsenal can do a single thing. It's going to really really suck when City destroy us.. but we don't deserve shit this season. So just going to enjoy watching the boys in red play their way... and pray a complete embarrassment doesn't happen so the players don't have to hide from society.
You say that as if Man City have a defence to keep Arsenal out

Does FA Extra Time use Golden Goal?

Was boring for first 60 mins, then it opened up. Arsenal doing well to make Man City pass backwards BLERGH

Liverpool seem to be doing well from the scoreline

London Derby...think Chelsea will win it and Pep to start again with City next transfer window

EDIT: I stand corrected from Liverpool match

Last edited:
Just occurred to me that if Man Utd win against City, they'll jump into fourth and that will help relieve pressure on winning Europa for a Champion's League spot.

If they somehow win all their remaining matches they'll beat Liverpool too.

Personally still interested in seeing whether Chelsea slip up but top 4 is getting interesting.

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A moment of magic from Messi wins it for Barca!!!! and he moves to 500 making the title race wide open (Madrid still have to face Valencia Celta) The clasico certainly lived up to the expectations and a goal in the final seconds was thrilling for the neutrals and of course the Barca fans. Both the keepers made great saves. Credit goes to the team build up starting from their own half from Roberto to the finish by Messi! Makes the Liga thrilling for the rest of the season

Just occurred to me that if Man Utd win against City, they'll jump into fourth and that will help relieve pressure on winning Europa for a Champion's League spot.

If they somehow win all their remaining matches they'll beat Liverpool too.

Personally still interested in seeing whether Chelsea slip up but top 4 is getting interesting.
if we win 3-0 we can go into 3rd

Otamendi played, that alone gave Arsenal a great fighting chance no matter what

we don't lose.. only draw.

one shit north eastern team has been replaced by another.. newcastle are promoted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)