2016 musics

we're back again in a new year. time to talk about new tunes.

let's start with Kanye. FACTS is trash, and if he continues being an imitator, SWISH will suc

Reactions: g

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Started 2016 off right w/ the new Hinds album, 'Leave Me Alone', which is an excellent debut. Am excited for it to officially come out (in a few days iirc). That, the new Chairlift album, and PJ Harvey's album are what I'm currently thinking of, but I'm not too sure what's due to come out this year in general. Hopefully some cool stuff. And yeah I sorta assumed the new Kanye song wasn't actually gonna be on the album and was just him recording something.

yours truly had one of the earliest releases of the year. never a better time to officially burst onto the scene
https://zlost.bandcamp.com/releases

just 1 track atm and I barely know my way around a guitar but much more to come very soon. if you don't like metal with rough production you will probably not enjoy it and you also won't find a flurry of technical guitar prowess. I think it's pretty good, although it takes a few listens to sink in cause it sounds like a block of random noise the first time. I'm working on mixing it better (especially the vocals, jeez) for next time I swear!

ps: if you know what the beginning is inspired by, I'll be happy

took a quick look at stuff set to be released this year and gza caught my eye. bloc party will be worth checking out as well. 0 exciting metal things so far from what I could see

Last edited:
༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つGive Gojira pls༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Also BKC the main issue I had with the song was that the guitar sounded awfully grating. Idk, I see where you're coming from when you think it's pretty good, like there were points in the song where I could see where you were going and thought it was good and it did sound better on a repeat listen, but for the most part it was way too rough for me to enjoy. I'll still check out other stuff that you put out tho

hey BKC , did u record that w/tin cans and string in the bottom of a cave to capture the trve metal sound, just like ur fave band burzum? that's so slayer dude lmao xp

tim hecker's s'pposed to be releasing a new record this year, which i'm pretty stoked on. would be rad to see the album danny brown's been alluding to droppin this year as well. word is that flatbush zombies' debut full-length comes out early this year, which would be neat given their betterofdead mixtape was pretty interesting. ka's follow-up to the night's gambit is due out in may, hopefully it can deliver some more moody, thoughtful rap. a follow-up to this album may also be in the works, which would be dope for me at least b.c it's really cacophonous and inspired sound (backed by some pretty impressive playing) made it a really neat diamond in the rough for me in 2014. also rtj3? allegedly, maybe?

Last edited:
hi
underground is always 10/10

Witchhelm, from Ohio, which plays doom/sludge metal, released Jötunn EP (named after giants of norse mithology) at january 1st.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
let's start with Kanye. FACTS is trash, and if he continues being an imitator, SWISH will suc
If 'Real Friends' is any indication there's no reason to be worried about SWISH. Song is quality. In other music news I'm really looking forward to the new Savages album, 'Adore' is a great song.

Edit: SWISH announce for Feb 11th :O

Last edited:
the new ye is pretty good, but more excited for the track he did with madlib and k.dot. i really dig the outro vocals on real friends tho

oh my good god almighty

suffragette city has been one of my favorite songs ever since my dad played changesbowie in the car nonstop when I was 10 or so. this hits hard. RIP

e: man this just cannot be real. I really don't think I'm comprehending this. FUCK

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was driving home and a friend called me and told me about it. I literally cried a little. One of the most important people of the 20th century.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Oh my god. There is no one whose music has gotten me through life more than David Bowie. I don't even know how to deal with this.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
I was momentarily torn between Love Me Like You Do and Writing's On The Wall but in the end, the Golden Globe went to the one who deserved it the most, Sam Smith has an amazing voice, and that song is an absolute fucking beauty.

new flatbush zombies track is gettin me stoked. figure it won't be on their full-length (maybe a bonus track), but it speaks for whats to come
for reference

lol those guys exist still? they haven't made waves since i was still in high school.

this track is okay. obviously their flows are impressive but you can't hide your average rhymes behind flows forever

Last edited:
i don't disagree that there was a definite lack of real wordplay in the track, but i found it satisfying all the same. viewed it as more of showcase on their flows moreso than anything else, a sorta teaser to laced odysessy, which is what i figure is what they intended for it given the more sparse production. that kinda raw aggression will only get so far, definitely, but i'm optimistic for what they gonna put out

http://pitchfork.com/news/62915-kanye-west-drops-no-more-parties-in-la-featuring-kendrick-lamar/

new kanye goes fucking hard holy moly. madlib drops a 5 star beat, kanye does his best rapping since new slaves. kendrick's flow isn't my fave of his here, but im digging his lyrics on this track the more i listen.

i wasn't hyped for swish after real friends but this got me interested. these two songs are so different stylistically different tho, and madlib has a much more idiosyncratic sound than most people kanye seems to be working with. only time will tell wut swish will look like

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)