2016 musics

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
the best songs on tpab are clearly better than anything on here, but in return this one's more to the point and as a result lacks bullshit filler like kendrick's other albums. it's a p cool tape. ofc it's getting hyped to death by all the pitchforkies and fantanoheads tho, which is a bit of a pity.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I really like what I'm hearing so far. Maybe it's because I enjoy hip-hop and I really really like freeform music, but holy fuck this is so pleasant to listen to.

new vektor track bangs. the melodic chanting in the back end totally caught me off guard, but in a kinda great way. also, i'm not particularly aware of the noise scene for better or worse, but keiji haino (pretty prolific japanese noise n experimental dude) did some work w/the zeitkratzer ensemble and its some pretty interesting stuff if it's in your lane. there are ton of little intricacies in there, and conductor to ensemble there's a whole lot of good being done between the two parties that can't really be accurately described w/o a few listens yourself.

https://karlrecords.bandcamp.com/album/stockhausen-aus-den-sieben-tagen

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
kendrick has always been v. experimental but now i feel like he feels that he has something to prove and that's cut into the listenability of his music, like he's trying to add the depth to his songs to the point where it's not truly him. i can't really say i'd kick it on the daily to any track besides 05. it wasn't a bad album per se and i can appreciate the ideas on it, but if i'm w/ friends, we're still reverting back to GKMC. honestly i don't think he'll ever create something as great as GKMC again so perhaps it's not exactly productive to compare everything to it. still enjoy his features because that's typically more mainstream-sounding i guess (ty dolla sign's LA is a big one for me personally; not exactly new though)? maybe i'm just a boring guy.

e: here's a contribution

Last edited:
i have a radio show every Wednesday, and i normally play metal, but this week i'm doing a non-metal show.

i'll be playing a lot of new stuff, from folk to electronic to rock, so check it out at 10pm (EST) if you don't have anything else to do tonight.

stream from http://briar927.org but use the chat feature on http://rdo.to/briar927 if you want to chat.

ok i dunno if anyone here besides Albert. knows sky ferreira but i'm obsessed. she has a new album coming out called 'masochist' this year !_! hype

if anyone wants to listen to her, i made a list of my fave songs from fave - least fave. i love em all though, except omako. just doesn't do anything for me. but yeah, i love her and can't wait for the new stuff.

• heavy metal heart
  • everything is embarrassing
  • werewolf (i like you)
  • nobody asked me (if i was okay)
  • sad dream
  • red lips
  • i blame myself
  • you’re not the one
  • 24 hours
  • i’m on top
  • ghost
  • i can’t say no to myself
  • love in stereo
  • boys
  • lost in my bedroom
  • i can’t say no to myself
  • ain’t your right
  • i will
  • night time, my time
  • omako

so initial thoughts on some of the stuff that actually did get released today. the 10th anniversary edition of illinois looks and sounds amazing, worth waiting on. the new weezer isn't bad, i would call it a more realized return to form than their prior release tho it's not outdoing pinkerton or blue album (though they aren't really looking to, which is for the best). if you enjoyed the tracks leading up to it then you'll probably be enjoying the whole since it's basically more of the same. don't think it'd be too off-base to say that it's the third best record in their discography, but it's not something to put on a pedestal either. new ash koosha is fucking awesome tho; some more really textured and glitchy electronic music, perhaps with a little stronger middle eastern influence than in his prior work. i'd argue that this release is a lil more accessible than his debut, so it's as good a time as any to see if it's in your lane.

so last week when i said i was going to play some 2016 not-metal stuff, that didn't actually happen because the station was having a tele-thon and at the last moment decided to keep going until midnight instead of stopping at 10 like they had planned.

so this week i'm going in at 7 (EST) to play a wide assortment of new music from a wide range of genres until 10, and from 10-12 i will play my normal fare, atmospheric black metal, sludge, doom, et cetera.

tune in for good tunes: http://briar927.org

EDIT: well here it is if you want to check it out.

CLICK TO STREAM, RIGHT-CLICK > SAVE-AS TO DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
yeah so untitled unmastered was pretty fucking good. I didn't like TPAB that much coz it put so much emphasis on the lyrics and deep shit but not on the actual music. The only songs i liked from tpab were king kunta and the blacker the berry coz they were actually fun to listen to. Anytime I tell people this they always say shit like "you don't know real hip-hop" or "you gotta dissect the lyrics to enjoy the songs" Yeah no. I listen to rap to enjoy the music not to analyse every single verse. untilted unmastered on the other hand was sexy. Untitled 02 my gawd. I played that shit like 5 times before I went onto the next song.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
If anyone wants to discuss hip-hop or R&B on PS!, you can join the ktt (kanyetothe) room! Just do /join ktt

yeah so untitled unmastered was pretty fucking good. I didn't like TPAB that much coz it put so much emphasis on the lyrics and deep shit but not on the actual music. The only songs i liked from tpab were king kunta and the blacker the berry coz they were actually fun to listen to. Anytime I tell people this they always say shit like "you don't know real hip-hop" or "you gotta dissect the lyrics to enjoy the songs" Yeah no. I listen to rap to enjoy the music not to analyse every single verse. untilted unmastered on the other hand was sexy. Untitled 02 my gawd. I played that shit like 5 times before I went onto the next song.
the music on tpab is like p dope ?_? it's like one of the most lushly produced hiphop since dark twisted and the soulquarians (lauryn hill, dilla, d'angelo, questlove)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)