UU 2017 UnderUsed Championships - Won by Tricking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
2017 UnderUsed Championships
~ 2017 UU Circuit Standings ~
After a thrilling 2017 UU tour circuit, we are pleased to announce the start of the 2017 UnderUsed Championships! The top 16 competitors in UU's circuit will duke it out for the honor of being crowned the tier's first ever champion.

The format will be best-of-three. The first game will be Ultra Sun & Moon UnderUsed. Loser picks the next game, and can pick from any of the following tiers: USUM UU, ORAS UU, BW UU, DPP UU or ADV UU. Repicks are allowed.

Tournament Rules
- General tournament rules and clauses apply.
- Smogon-wide clauses apply. Baton Pass clause applies to all USUM UU games.
- ADV UU games are to be played as Gen 3 OU.
- The format will be 'best of three', single elimination. See above for tier selection.
- Please play publicly and post replays! These

• Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.

The qualifying players, in seeding order*, are:
1. FLCL
2. Level 56
3. Sacri'
4. Bushtush
5. Pearl
6. Kushalos
7. CBU
8. Tricking
9. Welli0u
10. Arifeen
11. Christo
12. Pak
13. Malekith
14. Lax

*Seeding ties within top 16 broken by win percentage.
And now, without further ado, the matchups!

vs

vs

vs

vs

vs

vs

vs

vs

(Thanks to Accelgor for the awesome banners)

FLCL v A Hero's Destiny
Level 56 v Rodriblutar
Sacri'
v Lax
Bushtush v Malekith
Pearl v Pak
Kushalos v Christo
CBU
v Arifeen
Tricking v Welli0u

Finals
Tricking vs Christo

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
this needs more prediction hype We Three Kings , I dont do these often if at all :x

FLCL vs A Hero's Destiny -FLCL is all around the most solid player in the tour and has been on fire lately winning the UU open, making stours playoffs etc. I dont know much about his BR opponent except that he's made the UU open semis this year, so this would be a true upset for me if i got it wrong.

Level 56 vs Rodriblutar -Two players that arent exactly known for their building but rather their playing somehow got matched up for this one. Our most recent Grand Slam winner has been on an absolute tear throughout the year. Rodriblutar has been a little more under the radar this year in big individual tours, but he has still been gaining results. I feel like the Spanish community will pump out the better teams, which will make the difference in this one, but if Level finally manages to steal the right teams(the only thing really holding him back tbh) he could also easily pull this one out.

Sacri' vs Lax -I feel like the baguette will take this tour more seriously to prove hes a top UUer, while his opponent sometimes has a tendency to have a lax attitude when it comes to unofficial tours.

Bushtush vs Malekith -Daddy can dominate almost any tier he decides to take on. Ive also unexpectedly seen a lot of skill from bushtush in these old random tiers, and I would have rooted from him too if he didnt miss out on gassing me up in the latest tour we were teammates in what the hell bush.

Pearl vs Pak -Pearl is always showing he has still got it as a player between all the managing he does while Pak has been losing his competitive edge and motivation lately or so ive heard. He might have a shot though if mandiqueen pulls him through the latest two gens +he lucks out when pearl brings his godawful drifblim shit in BW.

CBU vs Arifeen -this mu is more unhype than RLT. CBU brings the most random shit that might catch the pakistani offguard but arifeen is lucky. Could go either way.

Tricking vs Welliou -Grand Slam finalist vs baguette #2. Tricking has been cementing himself as a top player as of the last year, but with the "break" he almost decided to take it might seem like the grand slam loss might have taken a big toll on his motivation even though his all around gen experience in this tier is topnotch. Welliou can dominate in any tier as well if he manages to catch his hands on the right teams, but I feel like he will come out on top due to being psychologically stronger rn.

Heres to a fun playoffs!

FLCL vs A Hero's Destiny - flcl is good in pretty much every gen
Level 56 vs Rodriblutar - this will definitely be a great series but i think level 56's adv prowess + his knack for finding good teams to snatch will be enough for him to win. rodriblutar is a god damn monster in oras though
Sacri' vs Lax - been on a tear lately while uu isn't lax's main thing, i can see an upset maybe though since he did well in open
Bushtush vs Malekith - he's just hot as fuck
Pearl vs Pak - pearl is better overall but it depends on how motivated he is, pak goes beast mode in oras but hates sm
Kushalos vs Christo - interesting series, i can see kush taking it but i just have a gut feeling when it comes to christo that he can pull games out of his ass
CBU vs Arifeen - easy money
Tricking vs Welliou - so beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)