There's been an iphone/android app called threes for a few weeks that is literally the same thing. Still neat though.

i got a 3384 on my third try this is cool

idk about strategies but so far ive just been trying to keep a good average clear pace up since one block spawns every turn and obv comboing clears gives you much more space

edit: 5436

Last edited:

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Someone might have done the same as me but I practically just cycled clockwise continuously and got 5460 lollll >_>! with a 512 tile ya. I keep failing to predict which box goes where u_____u /me is slow

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It took me so long to figure out what I was even supposed to do. I thought I was supposed to make a row of 2, blank, 4, and 8 lol. But then...

Wow I did NOT need to be addicted to something else.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this is crazy lol. I got to 7780 by playing it like tetris, ie I never used the up button. This way, the bigger number tends to stay at the bottom and accumulate while the top rows are for making numbers bigger and bigger till the go to the bottom. I pretty much instantly lost when I had 3 bottom rows all filled D: then I had to go up and it's impossible to continue with gigantic numbers in the way lol unless I got super lucky but not happening ???? A lot of times I nearly lost with a fully crammed box but managed to clear very quickly and chain till it goes to the bottom. That's how I play it :000

edit: yea this method is pretty op o_o 16960 now lol

1024 tile *_______* /wasted

Last edited:
Someone might have done the same as me but I practically just cycled clockwise continuously and got 5460 lollll >_>! with a 512 tile ya. I keep failing to predict which box goes where u_____u /me is slow
Haven't been able to replicate. Ended with 1400 something.

i like sandshrewz 's tetris strat!! I got a 13328 on my first try with it, passed 10k before i had to go out and then ended it on a brainfart when I pressed up.

eta: 14644!!

Last edited:

HAHAHA FUCK YOU STUPID GAME

My strategy is similar to the Tetris one, except I try to keep my highest block exclusively in the top right corner and keep everything to the right of that block in the same row also as large as possible - ideally it looks something like 32-64-128-256. Then I try to add exclusively to the top left corner, and work my way up from there.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. I've been trying to do similarly to Jebus. Collect largest in bottom left, the next largest one to the right of that, etc. Tetris strategy is the best to start out.

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I finally did it!

(sorry my screen isn't big enough for the whole thing :p)

I'm really loving this game, though I wish you could still play after getting a 2048 tile :/ Anyway, the strategy I used was putting the highest tile on the left corner (you could use any corner really) and basically just using left and down. By the time I end up having no more moves to the left or down I will have 4 tiles on the bottom row, so it won't hurt at all to move right at all. Also, the good thing about this strategy is I always end up having the bottom row like this for example: 64, 32, 16, 8. So when I merge that 8 with another from above I will then go and merge the whole bottom row with each other, and then do the whole thing again while still having my biggest tile on the bottom left corner.

edit: lol just noticed Jebus McAzn's post... it's basically the same thing <_<

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Managed to beat it too this morning, after spending yesterday evening devising a strategy through trial and error (and yes, I got a night's sleep in between).

Basically, keep the high numbers along one side. For me, that was the bottom side. Also try to always shuffle tiles in the same direction. You might also want to push the "biggest" tiles into a corner, though that make them a lot harder to reach. Having your highest numbered tile next to the corner is a lot better. That way, it can be reached from several sides by shuffling. Since you shuffle left and right a lot, small tiles will generate next to the edges of the board all the time, and make any corner tile inacessible from above.

Another key point of the strategy: Guard the bottom row. Do not allow any 2 or 4 tiles to build up on the same row as your highest numbered tiles. They will fill up the board unnecessarily, and be almost impossible to remove. Look at the "game over" screencaps posted on this page. All but one of them have fallen into that trap.

Other than that, Tetris strategy it is. Always try to splice tiles vertically instead of horizontally, to push the biggest numbers as far down as you can. When splicing horizontally, plan ahead so the right tiles appear above another (so you can splice vertically). And never, ever, use the up key. That will generate small-numbered tiles on the bottom row, and if a "barrier" of big tiles are between them and the rest of the board, you'll never get rid of them.

you know, if i were paying attention by the end instead of mashing down i probably could've put the 512s together at some point, but i'm still happy with my score + how many turns i lasted

i think this game is just about cracked but it's hella fun

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sandshrewz's technique seems like the best by far, but I always encounter a problem whenever an entire line gets filled and there are no extra blocks, and I have no choice but to move upwards. I wonder if there's any way to prevent that.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I've also noted that playing this game while tired is not a good idea. I felt the "Tetris Effect" pretty hard after a semi-long playing session. Whenever I saw two identical objects next to each other, my mind thought "those should be put together". Luckily, it got better, 'cause it was damn annoying.

I've never played this, but learnt about this yesterday when a friend told me he had stayed at work two hours after the end of the office day, playing this thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)