1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

28 Weeks Later Mafia: End Game

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by blue_light, Jul 25, 2009.

?

Who is the most delicious and deserves godlike status?

Poll closed Aug 12, 2009.
  1. matty

76 vote(s)
    41.3%
  2. Team Aether

21 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. ExplorerAce

87 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. Team Aether

Team Aether

Oh, well that is unfair.
  2. A.P.

A.P.

I stole them all. Plus, the #1 Headband.
  3. blue_light

blue_light

Postgame Wrap Up (Condensed)

NECRO BUMP

28 Weeks Later Mafia Postgame
    As my third mafia and sequel to the very successful Quarantine mafia, 28 Weeks Later was in my eyes a bit of a failure and left a bit of a bad taste in everyone’s mouth that played. The mafia in a whole was poorly executed mired by mistakes. However, I still stand by the fact that the roles were fun and creative, though they may not have been as powerful as the ones in Quarantine.

The Village Vigilante/Hooker/BPV, the role was similar to Dexter Morgan in Quarantine mafia, but modified to make it a bit more interesting. The rage counters was something similar to the mana situation that Illidan Stormrage had, but rage counters would go away while mana was permanent.

matty played the role fairly well, using it to kill 2 mafias, Staraptor Call and poor Jimbo. As for the social interaction part, I do not know if matty was very talkative or communicative, but he seemed to be suspected near the end to be a mafia or wolf.

An annoying post restriction to say the least, but the role was simply a mayor with 3 one timers activated at random. The three songs were I am a Rock, Sound of Silence, and We’ve Got a Groovy Thing Goin, corresponding to bg protection, silencing, and hooking.

Daletterel ended up protecting a mafia for one night which did absolutely nothing and silencing Mekkah which Mekkah later used to godkill himself as he was getting lynched. All in all Daletterel had a solid performance for being one of the newer players at that time.

In a lot of my roles I like to throw out red herrings and scattershot in my role pms to make it harder for villages to unite and to randomize my formulaic writing style. The Ryan Seacrest role came under a lot of flak because it allowed outside players to influence the game, but I still standby my role in that it was highly effective in creating a chaotic atmosphere.

Explorerace ended up nominating 3 villagers for lynch including himself and acted rather foolishly in the thread. You can all decided whether or not he did a good job with his role.

A vanilla villager. Special ability: no posting restriction. I was given some flak for this role too because it didn’t have a posting restriction even though I said it all villagers have a posting restriction. Billymills said this was the main reason he thought Lonelyness was a non-villager, but I still think he was just looking for a scapegoat.

I still to this day do not know why any villagers gave Lonelyness any consideration to being a village leader when he claimed to be vanilla villager. He united the village pretty early and ended up dying just as fast.

The successful role from Quarantine returns this time as a zombie and a villager. The role initially was a limitless thread activated martyr, but was toned done to being able to only martyr 2 people per day. Dead talking abilities were once again included, though this never came into play.

Lesm46 I believe, claimed to be Solid Snake which was pretty funny since that caused the village leaders to mark him down as part of the US Government. None of Lesm’s martyrs ended up hitting home, however making him dead weight for the Infected.

The holder of the #1 Headband initially, however, his headband was stolen from him. There isn’t much to say about this role except that it was a bpv that was vulnerable to the #2 Headband (from Afro Samurai for those interested). I admit that I forgot to give Snake-eyes a posting restriction, it was not intended for him to not a posting restriction.

While ap#’s was lynched due to him being Snake eyes and a mafia called “the US Government”, he was able to make up his own posting restriction which was the smart thing to do.

A buffed rogue of sorts and an easy way to burn yet another Smogon user, he was also holding the Philosopher’s stone which could create 2 different one time abilities, but only one.

Umbreon Dan did not play with much initiative in this game and pretty much road in the bandwagon like the rest of the village.

Thorn’s fake role pm in Quarantine, reimagined and re-cut to be used in a new mafia. This offered the village a sheriff differing from the original role which was a tracker or something.

Scrubs died early in the game though he may have gotten 1 or 2 inspections in.

A troll role at heart, everything about it was pretty much useless and a detriment. The pirates ability would only work on the 3rd try, but by then the user would have been suspicious enough to be lynched. He was also given a shitty killing item that never came into play.

Poor Jimbo, too bad he made One Piece Mafia and it was way too ironic to not give him this role. Unfortunately for him, he was converted by the US Government and was pretty much dead weight for his team until his untimely death by matty.

Standard Inspector role, with the ability to consume Scooby Snacks and initiate a double lynch.

Eo Ut Mortus played his role flawlessly, taking up the mantle of leadership after Lonelyness died, though eventually dying when Toothache was godkilled. He was given the Scooby snacks just in time to counter Veedrock’s passive ability.

Standard thief role with a anti-hook item. Not much to say here.

Accent was killed pretty early on, though he did manage to get the #2 headband from Mekkah. He was later killed when he publicly threatened people with it’s kill. Also he tried to give the mafia his knife before he died.

Standard bg role with a one-time global question.

SEO was terrible, I think he signed up for this mafia and then he quit smogon, Toothache then took up the reigns, but then he didn’t send in his pm and got godkilled and allowed Eo Ut Mortus to get killed.

Village silencer with the ability to kill another certain villager (deadpool), he also had the shutter shades which didn’t do anything.

Yes I gave Bass this role because a bass is a fish. I admit it.

Standard Hooker role, I was originally going to give her STDS, but did not incorporate a new Swine Flu in this game.

I also admit in screwing up this role, I ended up wrongfully godkilling asim because of a misunderstanding and ended up subbing out like 10 people. For a hooker with no bg protection, asim survived til the end and eventually helped lead the shitty village.

A item tracker and a hooker of women. Team Aether was able to get several worthwhile inspections off, but ended up getting suspected as mafia later on the game to point that he had to reveal his role pm to the entire thread.

A newer way for a wolf to kill, combined with one of the few anime/manga that I have ever enjoyed. If Misa Amane died, Kira would have put himself on a time limit to win the game in exchange for demon eyes.

Imperfectluck put himself outwards early on the game and ended up getting lynched early on in the game. I do not know why he got himself lynched, but he seemed very convinced that using lame anime character claims was the way to go.

Wolf back up with a special kill item that actually came into play, when one of the dumbasses in the Assassins wrote his name on it even though imperfectluck had been lynched already.

I think he only ended up killing a harmless neutral, though he was fooled by Lonelyness to reveal that Mekkah was Illidan Stormrage. Not much to say here but QQ.

A wolf with a built in bpv/lynchproof/hook/kill system involving mana. Started off with the #2 headband, though it was stolen early on.

Mekkah decided to hoard mana for the late game, but he was name targeted too much and his identity was revealed to the village. He did however, manage to convince several users that he was invincible and that I was trolling everybody (I was, but no to that extent).

An interesting neutral role that ended up being not underused, this neutral had to win the game by gaining info on every single person in the game, but the catch was that he/she would be subbed out every 72 hours of the game. He also could kill if he was given the right items, similar to how in Dead Rising, anything could become a weapon.

Tried to work with the village, but was killed by billymills early on.

A mafia leader role, the intent was to create a role that benefited the team as long as he was alive and even if he was dead to create a balanced role. His lynch negation however was voided by a hungry Scooby Doo, and he never was able to make use of his persuasion abilities.

Probably the best role in the Assassins arsenal, he could hook and steal votes.

Staraptor Call was killed by the US Government on Night 5, overall a forgettable performance (I’m pretty sure he told magicmaster to write his name in the piece of death note).

Standard inspector role with a ability protection item that can be used every 2 days.

Ended up killing himself with the piece of death note (lol contract of darkness) and getting his grenade launcher stolen.

Traditional thief, with a little Solid Snake reference which eventually led Lesm46 to false claim Solid snake for no apparent reason.

Was subbed out twice and ended up getting lynched by the village, one of the last Assassins alive, though that isn’t saying much since they were all wiped out early game.

A mole role/kidnapper that capitalized on the fact that Major Henry West and Claude Rains are played by the same actor.

Was originally played by Shade until he was subbed out for personal reasons for moi. If shade had continued playing it was probably possible that he could have held on a bit longer. He was never inspected though so his ability never came into play.

Generic thief role that starts off with a Gun, which when combined with another gun allows that person to be immune to lynch.

Managed to steal a bunch of items including the grenade launcher, though he ended up getting godkilled after being silenced.

A convertor role that only worked on village and also a spin on the bg role.

Was lynched later on in the game when his fake role pm was deemed too sketchy.

Yes the comments were really short and really shitty, not going to lie about that. To be honest this mafia was not exactly memorable besides the Ryan Seacrest incident. There was simply bad play on all sides, especially from the Assassins, though I think the US Government had a real chance of winning.

Nomination for worst postgame ever (Just putting all role pms in one place for better viewing).
  4. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator

Few things:

1, my protection actually targeted phantasia, and by my not dying i knew that his false claim was a lie. So I guess that did something.

2, you give me way too much credit. I really don't think i played very well, even for a new player...I should have told EA to put moi into the poll thing seeing how pidge died and had a bpv item. At least i didn't just bandwagon the entire game I guess

3, what would each of the philosopher's stone items do?

And I just wanna say, this game was really fun for me, but also extremely stressful, as I REALLY didn't want to fuck up in my 1st mafia game and lose when we had such good position
  5. Staraptor Call

Staraptor Call

Actually I didn't ask MagicMaster87 to write his name on the death note, and in fact discouraged him from doing so. After IPL was lynched, I suspected it was a Death Note when I got it. In fact I wrote "Olie" on it after MagicMaster87 found that LonelyNess had the rolename "Olie." MagicMaster87 believed it was what it said it was, though, and decided to betray the team and use it to become "allied with darkess."
  6. Mekkah

Mekkah watashi wa kirai every single one of you kisamas
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I worked really hard on a Steve Jobs (Infected) falseclaim and several Ilian Stormrage (neutral) claims early on but :(
  7. matty

matty I did stuff along time ago
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Cool, was waiting for this. Game was fun, liked my role PM. Not much else to say
  8. E.A.

E.A.

The game was overall pretty fun, but my role was kind of useless and I made two major misplays with it.
    1) I could have used it to confirm my role, allowing to collect claims a little easier.
    2) I should have put moi on there instead of myself. I also should I have done a little research myself so that I knew who was who, instead of blindly putting in three people (I was not aware that this was DLL's first game; I would have considered that if I was aware of it.)

As I said before, this was a good game overall.
  9. Team Aether

Team Aether

Great game. Too bad I got a role that couldn't really be proved though. :(
  10. shade

shade sweet like sugar
    is a Forum Moderator

liking how all but one of my steal orders to ap(numbers) were successful ;D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)