Big 2official2mafia - POSTGAME

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Haruno did you guys actually believe garak was unkillable at night when I spread that rumor to fh? Lmaoooooo. Anyways, yea, blazade didn't rly do anyrhing anti aquas. He actually played with your best interests in his heart at just about every occasion.
Considering how shitty the roles given to electros were, and how terrible wolves seemed be by themselves, it wouldn't be unthinkable since agape + walrein had no chance of winning by themselves.

Speaking of blazade acting in our best interests, I find it retarded as fuck on how even if that was the case (it wasn't since he offed DLE/rssp that one cycle) the aquas just went along with it. It didn't help that our leader was the stupidest piece of shit imaginable and a complete asshole every cycle he was alive who tried to win solely via his own nonexistent prowess. I'm actually surprised at how mafia didn't realize how important it was being able to work as a joint faction and removing the cancer that we had as opposed to just ignore it into an unstoppable threat. If we were able to use our roles freely without fear of anything going wrong then we'd be in a much stronger position, it didn't help that twin was the most uninformative person possible and never gave explanations for why he wanted actions done other than JUST DO IT BECAUSE I SAID SO HURRDURR. So yeah, us having an Unclesam in charge without actually being uncle sam gave me zero reason to want to listen to twin's demands. No clue why von is so insistent that not removing sab was beneficial to us since especially after the twin lynch, it was so fucking obvious that it was blazade that I don't know why anyone hesitated especially after we lost ditto.

And for the record, blazade could've done many things being anti aqua without saying anything about our actions such as PoE us. And if magmas had trusted him and gave him control then he didn't even need to reveval anything about aquas, for instance if we tried to kill agape, he could tell the magmas to kidnap agape (assuming they had a kidnap role) and that wouldn't be in violation of sab. This was the most basic thing I could think of but there are many different loopholes you could exploit to do this. Another thing I'm shocked by is how the entirety of the mafia team didn't realize that me hard clearing myself was............ actually a hard clear LMAOOOOOO.

And for the record, blazade could've done many things being anti aqua without saying anything about our actions such as PoE us. And if magmas had trusted him and gave him control then he didn't even need to reveval anything about aquas, for instance if we tried to kill agape, he could tell the magmas to kidnap agape (assuming they had a kidnap role) and that wouldn't be in violation of sab. This was the most basic thing I could think of but there are many different loopholes you could exploit to do this. Another thing I'm shocked by is how the entirety of the mafia team didn't realize that me hard clearing myself was............ actually a hard clear LMAOOOOOO.
Clarification: I was not allowed to "Take control of magma actions" especially without giving them reasons to do stuff that they didn't already know. I was forced to take something of a backseat, but believe me, I was as involved as I could be. I talked to von about this very early.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
(it wasn't since he offed DLE/rssp that one cycle)
No he didn't. I don't know why you think that, the game is over and the hosts are telling you it's not true.

And for the record, blazade could've done many things being anti aqua without saying anything about our actions such as PoE us. And if magmas had trusted him and gave him control then he didn't even need to reveval anything about aquas, for instance if we tried to kill agape, he could tell the magmas to kidnap agape (assuming they had a kidnap role) and that wouldn't be in violation of sab. This was the most basic thing I could think of but there are many different loopholes you could exploit to do this.
Blazade couldn't determine his faction's actions. He never even nudged them toward a certain course. You're just totally wrong, and I would have said as much if asked during the game (I hinted at it often).

Another thing I'm shocked by is how the entirety of the mafia team didn't realize that me hard clearing myself was............ actually a hard clear LMAOOOOOO.
Cause I was evasive about that. Theoretically, if Twin taunted you into doing so (which seems so Twin and would be allowed since Sab could reveal info on AQUA orders) and then died, as Sab it'd be great to scream all game about how hard cleared you were. It still should have looked pretty good though.

I mean von I did say at the time that now would be an OK time to kill a couple aquas (without saying who anyone was), whereas before I was angling to protect them to preserve my position and the possible joint win. I was allowed to make vague statements about my negotiating position with the aquas, and what general lines of play I would be comfortable with.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Blazade couldn't determine his faction's actions. He never even nudged them toward a certain course. You're just totally wrong, and I would have said as much if asked during the game (I hinted at it often).

Cause I was evasive about that. Theoretically, if Twin taunted you into doing so (which seems so Twin and would be allowed since Sab could reveal info on AQUA orders) and then died, as Sab it'd be great to scream all game about how hard cleared you were. It still should have looked pretty good though.
How was mafia supposed to expect that sab couldn't influence his own allies? ?____? seeing as how you were evasive about everything soooooo.

Nah regardless that was essentially a hard clear, and if that was allowed assuming I was sab, then twin's an even bigger dumbass for allowing sab to leak info like that when it could be very damning.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
How was mafia supposed to expect that sab couldn't influence his own allies? ?____? seeing as how you were evasive about everything soooooo.
I wasn't evasive about anything but hard clearing you. I said it in your welcoming post that Sab can't share your info, so how the hell could he give his allies targets? You just made assumptions and didn't ask questions.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
And I think the hosts are far too expectant of people to pick up on clues that they shouldn't have any reason to notice. The two of you stated outright that the majority of the experienced people were placed into informed factions, how would any of the more inexperienced people on the uninformed factions be expected to pick up on a lack of red usage in the OP or in any way know what Yeti's preferences are for manga/anime/whatever the hell MAGs is.
No I didn't.

I certainly should expect people to pay attention to flavor in the future, though. When flavor exists, it should be important. That's why I don't even always use it, and never put flavor in results (which screws up moling). Some of the clues were minor, but the kill flavor not matching outed wolves and Walrein being dead when his kill was used are both pretty huge.

1. Two wolves were revealed and both were wolf themed, y'know, like a faction.
2. Both revealed wolves were fucking terrible and had no chance of winning. The "Werewolf" Role PM that no one saw even jokes about this.
3. The wolf kill flavor did not match their roles. Even when players wrote down Agape's kill as "consumed", I went out of my way to tell them that it was "consumption" and that the difference was important. Nothing.
4. Walrein was DEAD when he used "his" kill. This was such an obvious clue that I was pretty sure players would unravel the whole thing by Cycle 3.
5. The dead alias list was ugly as fuck and I never used red, a primary color.
6. Yeti made the game banner text red as a nod to the inclusion of MAGMAS.
7. Lie generator was so poorly used that even the MAGMAS were worried that word would get around that info-faking was going on.

You can't seriously expect an uninformed player to be able to figure out there's a hidden faction from 3/5/6, come on...
1/2/7 are actually fairly hard to notice. Granted, someone who's paying super close attention might see those and go beyond the fact of "huh, something's fucky" but I don't think thats something that we can be blamed for.
HOWEVER
4 admittedly was a massive oversight on our (aquas) part, but I don't think that anyone else be held responsible for this since they may or may not have been aware that their kill fails if they are lynched that cycle (if that was in the rules lol whoops thats my bad)
Only noticed this in postgame, but the kill flavors differed (walrein's fake pm said they'd be killed by holy blades or w/e, and the person got melted).

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Walrein's killed was ALSO used the cycle that he was being revived, ergo, couldn't use it at all.

And everyone knew the flavor of both wolves, so there's no excuse for that either. Uninformed factions worked with the wolves and Agape was discovered by the SANDS, so no one was out of the loop here.

Magma Veil never hinged on these kind of clues, magmas should have been randed or you should have killed them around cycle 6. But it felt like a huge slap in your faces that no part of a mountain of giveaways was noticed by anyone.

There was a point where I told Blazade I couldn't believe no one saw past the flavor discrep. Immediately, Blazade posted in the AQUA discord telling them about it. No one paid attention to him.

Rodan made possibly the best game this year with Jojo, a game built around flavor, and if no one wants to own up to this, I will gladly single-handedly win his next game too.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
I felt really bad for the ELECTROS because I feel like their newer players were pretty active they just got unjustly bullied by the MAGMAS who were extremely active but maybe that was just Agape spamming their forum like he got paid per post made or something. The other teams had noobs like acid telling aska who he was gonna revive and then noobs like aska thinking reviving a wolf who died C1 was a super dank idea. I still am mystified why he thought that was THE play... but whatever. I think the MAGMAS could have gotten shrekt but like... nobody on the AQUAS notices X Plate Arceus is THE quintessential MAGs series mole role? That dude is always changing plates moling someone and yall let it happen -x- nobody familiar with my games notices THE TEAM THE SERIES IS NAMED AFTER isn't in the game??????? The AQUAS and ELECTROS (A CHALLENGER APPROACHES) are as mafias but there's, y'know, not the MAGMAS lurking too?
I'll give my full thoughts as 'returning basically newbie' later - might be more meta on how difficult things are if you don't manage to get in the loop early on because life shits on ya, but when I kingmade for Blazade I was lying in bed after trying and failing to fall asleep... and I think I was thinking (out of sheer hope and sleep deprivation) something along the lines of 'maybe sab is Ruby/Sapphire, and didn't flip because they hadn't picked their new group, which would make them flip as ORAS... wait, no, that wouldn't work... isn't Blazade an Arceu.... oh, ffs'. With that said, I wouldn't have made the link to MAGMAS being a thing, but that's because I haven't been involved in mafia for like 2 years lol.

And everyone knew the flavor of both wolves, so there's no excuse for that either. Uninformed factions worked with the wolves and Agape was discovered by the SANDS, so no one was out of the loop here.
I actually didn't know agape's role flavor until postgame and I suspect that I'm not alone in that.All I knew was that Agape was a wolf who had a multitude of other abilities.

Walrein's killed was ALSO used the cycle that he was being revived, ergo, couldn't use it at all.

Magma Veil never hinged on these kind of clues, magmas should have been randed or you should have killed them around cycle 6. But it felt like a huge slap in your faces that no part of a mountain of giveaways was noticed by anyone.

There was a point where I told Blazade I couldn't believe no one saw past the flavor discrep. Immediately, Blazade posted in the AQUA discord telling them about it. No one paid attention to him.

Rodan made possibly the best game this year with Jojo, a game built around flavor, and if no one wants to own up to this, I will gladly single-handedly win his next game too.
I really wouldn't call it a mountain of giveaways, the only thing that we really did miss that we should have noticed was that walrein's kill was used when he was lynched + when he was dead.
I'm not saying that village + aqua made no mistakes in handling the wolves/magmas (because we very clearly did), but a lot of the things that are being pointed out as ways to have found that magmas existed aren't things that you should expect the uninformed to be able to find/figure out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)