2v2 Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://pastebin.com/A7vs6ijD
I have actually updated the code a little bit because there were some things in your code that could be problematic Piccolo Daimao
I'm not sure having less than 2 Pokemon is banned. That and formatting are the only things you changed.

Edit: Rhythms pointed out that there was a typo, so I fixed that. However, 1 mon teams are technically allowed, so Rhythms' paste isn't quite correct (Neither is mine, I still haven't gotten the correct sash limit thing).
http://pastebin.com/bxm9uXtW is my code sans typo

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I'm not sure having less than 2 Pokemon is banned. That and formatting are the only things you changed.
PFFT WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THAT ISN'T ALL I CHANGED

Anyways, I feel like Mega Kangaskhan is very threatening in this meta, as you can only have two Pokemon on the field per battle. Mega Kanga is also pretty bulky, fast, and very strong because of its ability and move coverage; however, I don't think it should be banned because I like it. :toast:

Since this hasn't been very active, and as a result has not been updated, I'm going to use Doubles OU bans. Also because the banlist was initially copied but like I said, never updated.

Hope this is fine Anty.

EDIT: +Perish Song though because that's twice as bad as it is in 1v1

Last edited:
Since this hasn't been very active, and as a result has not been updated, I'm going to use Doubles OU bans. Also because the banlist was initially copied but like I said, never updated.

Hope this is fine Anty.

EDIT: +Perish Song though because that's twice as bad as it is in 1v1
Are we including Anty's Explosion and Self-Destruct bans? Also, what about Deoxys-Attack?

EV

Banned deucer.
So is Sleep Clause in effect? The OP says ON but DOU doesn't have one. And were Explosion and Self Destruct included in the code's bans The Immortal ?

Rumplestiltskin

I will rain lels all over you and you will drown in them
It's currently DOU + Perish Song. I believe the Explosion bans were from before the faint mechanics were changed and they are clearly not a problem in 1v1 (or DOU).
It's not a problem in 1v1 because the Explosion / Self Destruct user loses, and it's not a problem in OU nor in DOU for that matter because there are more pokes than those on the field at a time. However, these moves hit both opponents, while you lose a single poke, which might be problematic in 2v2 Doubles.

It's not a problem in 1v1 because the Explosion / Self Destruct user loses, and it's not a problem in OU nor in DOU for that matter because there are more pokes than those on the field at a time. However, these moves hit both opponents, while you lose a single poke, which might be problematic in 2v2 Doubles.
That's true. Since you're the one appointed by Anty to manage this temporarily, do you suggest it should be banned?

Rumplestiltskin

I will rain lels all over you and you will drown in them
This needs some testing I think, since band explosion is bad due to the prevelance of protect, and I'm not sure if unbanded explosion warrants a ban just yet.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry about being very inactive (which is why im giving this thread to rumple) but to clarify; the rules were meant to be a mix between 1v1 and doubles but apparently i dont know mechanics too well. Firstly, I think sleep clause should be off as the best sleep users in DUO are mostly slow, so have trouble fitting into a faster pace environment and in the case of amoonguss, it would rather spam rage powder. Obviously this is up to rumple, but i guess the best way to see if this (and explosion/self destruct) are broken is by testing which can be done this month (since you guys are really awesome and voted this as omotm!! :D)

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
God, I hate this metagame time to play it and learn everything that is to know about it... Is it possible to set up a viability rankings?
Do you have to be rude in literally every single god damn thread you post in ._.

From the rules and regulations thread:
  • It's never okay to "metagame bash," which means don't insult or overly criticize an idea you don't like. You may offer constructive feedback, but generally if a metagame is approved it has already received criticism during the submission process. If there is a metagame you don't like, don't play it! Contrary to what you may think, you are not the authority on what qualifies as a "good metagame."

kangaskhan | kangaskhanite
scrappy | 252 atk / 4 spd / 252 spe | adamant
fake out | giga impact | sucker punch | power-up punch

mew | sitrus berry
synchronize | 252 hp / 4 def / 252 spd | calm
tailwind | transform | icy wind | protect

i'll stop by and share a neat duo u_u. the basic premise is to fake out the opposition, then tailwind with mew. the next turn, you giga impact whichever pokemon is more threatening, then you transform into mega kangaskhan as mew! from here, it is able to giga impact the other pokemon itself. giga impact from mega kangaskhan is incredibly powerful, and two of them together is going to hurt a lot! power-up punch can soar giga impact's power to unbelievable heights as well! to put into perspective how powerful a giga impact is from kangaskhan, allow me to compare it to something: kyurem-black's 252+ choice band outrage. the two are incredibly close in power, outrage edging it out by about .5%. that's pretty insane, if you ask me. mega kangaskhan looks to be a top tier pokemon, and mew looks to be a great component. excited to ladder with this. :]

I don't like this 2v2 doubles metagame too, because it's basically 1v1, with doubles...
Mix and Mega would be better, but oh well, I have to try it out before it dies.

Anyways, knowing mega kangaskhan will be most popular, any idea how to counter it?

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I don't like this 2v2 doubles metagame too, because it's basically 1v1, with doubles...

Anyways, knowing mega kangaskhan will be most popular, any idea how to counter it?
Aegislash and Sableye. King's Shield (if you predict right) and priority wisp really neuter MegaKhan. Bulky Pokemon that can tank a hit and use Charm or Feather Dance on it (and have recovery) are difficult for MegaKhan to beat as well in my experience using it in multiple tourneys on Aqua.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

@ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

• Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs does 58% to Kangaskhan in recoil
  • Gyro Ball does 60% minimum
  • OHKOs 252 HP 44 Def Rotom-Wash with Power Whip
@ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 196 HP / 60 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
  • Sucker Punch from burned + standard Mega-Kangaskhan is 4HKO
  • Sludge Bomb is a 2HKO on the same Kangaskhan
@ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Double Kick
- Protect

• Double Kick to OHKO Sash Bisharp, a common Mega-Kangaskhan teammate
  • Life Orb allows Terrakion to OHKO 4 HP Mega-Kangaskhan 81.3% of the time at -1 Atk
  • Max Speed / Attack to take advantage of base 129 Atk and 108 Speed + outstanding offensive typing
@ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 4 Def / 148 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower
  • Lives a Specs Draco Meteor from Hydreigon 100% of the time
  • Always OHKOs 4 HP Mega-Kangaskhan with Superpower
  • 12 Speed outspeeds Hydreigon if Tailwind is up
  • Fears Ice Punch variants
@ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 52 Def / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: NaN Spe
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
  • Survives Heat Wave from Heatran 100% of the time
  • Survives Earthquake from LO Garchomp at +0 100% of the time
  • Gets the Intimidate off before the Mega-Evolution
  • You 2HKO Kangaskhan with Play Rough

Is that good enough? =)

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
@ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

• Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs does 58% to Kangaskhan in recoil
  • Gyro Ball does 60% minimum
  • OHKOs 252 HP 44 Def Rotom-Wash with Power Whip
@ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 196 HP / 60 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
  • Sucker Punch from burned + standard Mega-Kangaskhan is 4HKO
  • Sludge Bomb is a 2HKO on the same Kangaskhan
  • Keeps the burned Kangaskhan on the field
@ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Double Kick
- Protect

• Double Kick to OHKO Sash Bisharp, a common Mega-Kangaskhan teammate
  • Life Orb allows Terrakion to OHKO 4 HP Mega-Kangaskhan 81.3% of the time at -1 Atk
  • Max Speed / Attack to take advantage of base 129 Atk and 108 Speed + outstanding offensive typing
@ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 4 Def / 148 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower
  • Lives a Specs Draco Meteor from Hydreigon 100% of the time
  • Always OHKOs 4 HP Mega-Kangaskhan with Superpower
  • 12 Speed outspeeds Hydreigon if Tailwind is up
  • Fears Ice Punch variants
@ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 52 Def / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: NaN Spe
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
  • Survives Heat Wave from Heatran 100% of the time
  • Survives Earthquake from LO Garchomp at +0 100% of the time
  • Gets the Intimidate off before the Mega-Evolution
  • You 2HKO Kangaskhan with Play Rough

Is that good enough? =)
That looks good, but Gengar doesn't need to keep Kanga on the field--it can't switch anyway lol :p

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
Looks like it will be a fun meta:

posting strats here.

EDIT:Looks like the meta is 85% stall, ferrothorn,heatran,aegislash,cresselia, and some eviolite users seem very good in 2v2 doubles

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)