2v2 in Cyberspace - Spenstar Vs. Objection! That silly billy SoS is reffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I get myself into this ridiculously silly situations...? Well, Lil SoS, we have a Doubles to ref today. My favourite... Let's have a look at the data:

2vs2 Doubles
2 Recovers, infinite chills (cause I'm cool like that)
Arena: Cyberspace

Similarly how we created Porygon from the depths of this odd parallel man-made universe, now we have discovered means of entering it, body and soul. I was the one to discover the secrets of entering cyberspace and has shaped out my own corner of it to tweak however I want. Now me and my first guest will have the first battle in this realm! The battlers are standing on Porygon-Pink tiles that glow white when a Pokemon or trainer is on or directly above it. All moves are legal, as the tiles can take on any properties, from diggable ground to surf-water to grass knot material. However, these properties disappear immediately after usage, and cannot affect the field itself. There is no weather since this IS cyberspace, but when a weather move/ability is used, the tiles will react to emulate the desired weather effect.

In addition, I've put a limit onto the battlefield for this match: the rarity value of each side cannot exceed 5, (though usually 4 in practice) and each side must only consist of first-stage Pokemon.
A battle in cyberspace? This sounds fun! Spenstar, I will take you on.

One ability
No items
Switch = Tron
TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! I never liked that movie. As relevant as that is :) Now let's check out the teams:

Team Spenstar:

Rebble [Rabbi]
Nature: Modest
Type:
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
About Rabbi: When Spenstar met Rabbi, it was among a group of Rebble, Bolderdash, and Stratagem in a mysterious cave. Rabbi was adventerous and wanted to see the world, so the group's leader Stratagem allowed a battle between Spenstar and Rabbi that would decide the latter's fate. Spenstar won, and Rabbi joined his team. Rabbi and Brick quickly became best friends due to being the youngest team members, and Spenstar spent about a week after capturing Rabbi flying to faraway places by airline, to fuffil Rabbi's desire to see the world. Apart from travel, Rabbi's passion is battling, and is itching to experience its first battle.

Spenstar is proficent at speaking and understanding the language of Pokemon just as well as his own, as a result of spending years with Pokemon as his only family. He nicknamed this Pokemon "Rabbi" because he noticed (and appreciated) a distinct Jewish accent in the way it speaks. For reasons unknown, this accent was not present in any other members of Rabbi's original group, with the exception of the lead Stratagem.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1(-1)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4(+1)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 90

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Technician: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Mold Breaker (DW): (locked) (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Attacks:
Tackle
Defense Curl
Rollout
Rock Blast
Disable
Acupressure
Mud Shot
Power Gem
Ancientpower
Metal Sound
Paleo Wave

Flamethrower
Sandstorm
Hidden Power (Flying, 6)

Monohm [Puff] (Female, Shiny) (Shiny Sprite made by Spenstar : D)
Nature: Modest
Type: Electric/Dragon
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1(-1)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4(+1)
Spe: 60

DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Shield Dust: (Innate) This pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)
Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.
Sheer Force (DW): (Locked) (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Attacks:
Tackle
Growl
Leer
Dragon Rage
Charge
Thundershock
Rain Dance
Twister
Spark
Sonicboom

Heal Bell
Hydro Pump
DragonBreath

Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch

Scraggy [Brick] (Male)
Nature: Adamant

Type:
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
About Brick: Spenstar found Brick in the muddy plains after his second battle. Using Grave, (Ruby was tired from the battle) Spenstar fought the Scraggy and won. Upon capturing him, he decided to nickname him Brick, after his determination to overcome any obstacle, even a brick wall. Brick is pretty young, and full of heart and excitement. He always cheers his team on in battles that he's not involved in, and fights to his limits constantly when he's in a battle. His claim to fame is defeating a Scyther and then a Gengar with no break in between, before even evolution. Spenstar and his other Pokemon think of Brick as the "little brother". They all adore him and want him to live up to his potential, and with their help. Brick will scale even the highest walls.

Stats:
Scraggy
Atk: Rank 4(+)
SpA: Rank 1(-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 48

EC: 1/6
MC: 2
DC: 3/5

Abilities:
Moxie: (Innate) This Pokemon gets psyched after it earns a KO on an opposing Pokemon, increasing its attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Intimidate: (DW) (Can be Activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing thier Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again.

Attacks:
Leer
Low Kick
Sand-Attack
Faint Attack
Headbutt
Swagger
Brick Break
Payback

Zen Headbutt
Drain Punch
Counter

Toxic
Rock Slide
Bulk Up

Hi Jump Kick
Focus Punch

Team Objection:

Privatyke [Captain Hook] (M)
Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Special Attack)

Type: Water/Fighting
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 35

EC: 1/6
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Unaware: (Innate) When this Pokemon is released, a light aura enshrouds the opponent, nullifying all stat boosts or reductions other than Speed, it remains while this Pokemon is active.
Klutz (DW): (Can be Disabled) The Pokemon moves in a rare style of battling that uses an unpredictable, clumsy looking manner. The accuracy of its attacks are increased by 10% (flat). While engaging in this style it cannot use a hold item, however an item is necessary to pull it off.

Attacks:
Bubble
Smokescreen
Yawn
Wrap
Arm Thrust

Bulk Up
Ice Punch
Recover
Soak

Earthquake
Brick Break
Waterfall

Deino [Maleficent] (F)
Nature: Hasty (+Speed, -Defence)

Type: Dark/Dragon
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 44 (+) (Accuracy boost: 6%)

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Attacks:
Tackle
Dragon Rage
Focus Energy
Bite
Headbutt
DragonBreath
Roar
Crunch

Dark Pulse
Earth Power
Ice Fang

Taunt
Protect
Thunder Wave

Duskull [Oogie Boogie] (M)
Nature: Brave (+Attack, -Speed)

Type: Ghost
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Stats:
HP: 80
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 21 (-) (Opponent's accuracy boost: 10%)

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
Leer
Night Shade
Disable
Foresight
Astonish
Confuse Ray
Shadow Sneak
Pursuit

Destiny Bond
Imprison
Pain Split

Toxic
Taunt
Shadow Ball

Can Spenstar take on Objection's army of Disney villains?!

Spenstar, your team, then Objection's team and orders, then Spenstar's orders. Please let that be the right order...

Disney cliche is on MY side! I cannot lose! While Rabbi's attending a Bar Mitzpha, (did I spell that right?) Brick and my shiny Puff are going to rock the digital house tonight!

Downloading Brick and Puff... 10% downloaded... 15% downloaded... 20% downloaded... 17% downloaded... 22%...

Ugh, this is going to take a while. Shoulda gotten Optimum. In the meantime, Objection, why don't you send out your mons and give them attack commands and stuff?

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Puff gets shield dust and Brick will be using shed skin.

OK then. First up is Captain Hook the Privatyke. Captain Hook will be using the ability Unaware. Second in the ring will be Oogie Boogie the Duskull. Oogie Boogie has no choice but to Levitate. Sorry Maleficent, I just don't feel like you're going to be strong enough this time.

Captain Hook, begin with a Bulk Up, then Ice Punch the Monohm and Ice Punch the Monohm. You mean business!

Oogie Boogie, you need to begin by using Taunt on the Scraggy, followed by Shadow Ball on the Monohm and Taunt on the Monohm.

Download complete. Enjoy!

Brick, begin with a Leer before getting taunted. Then use Focus Punch on that Hook guy. Feed him to the crocs! Finish the round with a second Focus Punch on Hook.

Puff, now it's your time to shine! Use Growl to negate that attack boost, and then whack Hook with your own two mighty Thunderbolts!

Team Spenstar:

Puff (Shield Dust)
Energy: 100
Speed: 60
Boosts/Drops: 0
Actions: Growl >>> Thunderbolt (C.Hook) X2

Brick (Shed Skin)
Speed: 48
Actions: Leer >>> Focus Punch (C.Hook) X2

Team Objection:

Captain Hook (Unaware)
HP: 100
Speed: 35
Actions: Bulk Up >>> Ice Punch (Puff) X2

Oogie Boogie (Levitate)
Speed: 21
Actions: Taunt (Brick) >>> Shadow Ball (Puff) >>> Taunt (Puff)

Turn Order: Puff >>> Brick >>> Captain Hook >>> Oogie Boogie

Action 1:
Gah, it's too beautiful a day for reffing :( BUT I AM COMMITTED! And so it begins, with Puff growling cutely at both her opponents, dropping their attack. They seem intimidated by a cloud growling. Odd. Brick adds to the fun by Leering aggressively at them as Captain Hook flexes his muscles, and PUMPS RON TO GET MORE MANLY... Actually because of Growl and Leer, he's back to his normal stats. Oogie Boogie flips the bird at Brick, enraging him to use only offensive moves.

Action 2:
Now the combatants actually begin to beat the crap out of each other. Puff leads with a crackling bolt of electricity against Captain Hook, who probably misses Captain Jack right about now. Brick begins concentrating on the Captain, ready to unleash a punch, as Hook punches Puff with frigid energy, and Oogie Boogie follows up with a blast of spectral energy. Brick, with all the speed of... a brick... unleashes his attack at last, Falcon PAWNCHING Captain Hook for great justice.

Action 3:
The final action is mostly a repeat of the second. Thunderbolt, Ice Punch. Yawn. But now, Oogie flips the bird at Puff, enraging her. You do NOT do that to a lady. She'll fuck you up, Oogie. That doesn't stop Brick's second mighty Focus Punch from impacting on the Captain though!

Calcs:
Monohm used Growl (4 energy)
Scraggy used Leer (4 energy)
Privatyke used Bulk Up (6 energy)
Duskull used Taunt (10 energy)
Monohm used Thunderbolt (26 damage, 6 energy... That seems a little off, but it's what the calculator's giving me...)
Privatyke used Ice Punch (21 damage, 6 energy)
Duskull used Shadow Ball (11 damage, 5 energy)
Scraggy used Focus Punch (21 damage, 8 energy)
Monohm used Thunderbolt (26 damage, 10 energy)
Privatyke used Ice Punch (21 damage, 10 energy)
Duskull used Taunt (10 energy)
Scraggy used Focus Punch (21 damage, 12 energy)

Team Spenstar:

Puff (Shield Dust)
HP: 37
Energy: 80

Brick (Shed Skin)
Energy: 76

Team Objection:

Captain Hook (Unaware)
HP: 6
Energy: 78
Boosts/Drops: -1 Def

Oogie Boogie (Levitate)
Energy: 75
Boosts/Drops: -1 Atk, -1 Def

Spenstar's orders.

OH yeah! Puff, Brick, you guys are awesome! Okay, according to my godlike Poketch, (don't ask) Captain Hook doesn't get protect. So it's time to mess him up for good! Puff, Volt Switch Hook and feed him to the crocodile below! Tick-tock-tick-tock... sorry. Anyway, Hook should be down, so focus your rage on Oogie Boogie! Mess 'im up with a Dragonbreath and a Thunderbolt! If Captain Hook's still alive, use those attacks on him instead. You're doing great, my pink cumulus cloud!

Puff: ^_^ Thank you daddy :3

Brick, listen carefully, my young padawan. I am about to give you complicated, precise orders that you must follow exactly, understand? You do? Good. Listen carefully... Faint Attack Payback Faint Attack all on Oogie Boogie.

Brick: ...the hell? Those weren't complicated at all!

I know, I was just messing with you xD But hold on, there's one other thing. If Oogie Boogie disables Faint Attack, use Payback on action 3 instead.

Brick: ....xD You got it, bro. Hold on a second, don't we know this guy? The ref.

Yeah, Brick. That's Shadoo. You know, my first opponent in the tourney! He's also my buddy.

Brick: Everyone's your buddy around here :P Hey Shadoo! Whassup?

Puff: Hii Shadooo :3

lol

It looks like their offences are better than ours. Hook, there's nothing I can do to save you, so in the event that you somehow make it through, just Ice Punch the Monohm three times.

Oogie Boogie, you're going to have to pick up the pieces. First, Disable Brick's Faint Attack, then use Toxic on Puff. After that, you'll no doubt be in pain so use Pain Split on Brick.

Hiii, Spenstar & co. Hurry up and smash me already (pun intended)

Team Spenstar:

Puff (Shield Dust)
Energy: 80
Actions: Volt Switch (Hook) >>> Dragonbreath >>> Thunderbolt (Oogie)

Brick (Shed Skin)
Energy: 76
Actions: Faint Attack >>> Payback >>> Faint Attack (sub Payback if FA disabled)

Team Objection:

Captain Hook (Unaware)
HP: 6
Energy: 78
Boosts/Drops: -1 Def
Actions: Ice Punch X3 (Puff)

Oogie Boogie (Levitate)
Energy: 75
Boosts/Drops: -1 Atk, -1 Def
Actions: Disable (Brick's Faint Attack) >>> Toxic (Puff) >>> Pain Split (Brick)

Turn order: Puff >>> Brick >>> Captain Hook >>> Oogie Boogie

Action 1:
And we're back after some technical difficulties! I blame the arena. Puff begins by rushing the Captain, charged up, and then zipping back to its position. He's down for the count, falling through cyberspace to the... Whatever's below cyberspace. Brick now disappears from sight! A technical glitch?! ANOTHER ONE?! Nope, a Faint Attack, as Brick strikes MISTAH OOGIE BOOGIE from behind! Sensibly, the ghost quickly wipes Brick's memory of how to pull such a nasty trick.

Action 2:
A hideous odour comes from Puff's breath, which strikes Oogie, with a stench powerful enough to peel the skin from your nose. Hey Spenstar! Get that Monohm a breath mint! Yeuch! Brick, angry at what happened last round, strikes to PAY his opponent BACK. Dohoho. And it's a critical hit! (Funny story, the roll was 1/1000). Adding insult to injury is the fact that Oogie's Toxic misses his target of Puff! Quel dommage! (I have a French exam on Monday.)

Action 3:
TSUNDAHBOLTs strike Oogie at the top of this round, who can definitely feel his seams coming undone. A further Payback emphasises this. And that's all she wrote, folks! Over and done!

Calcs:
Monohm used Volt Change (22 damage, 4 energy)
Scraggy used Faint Attack (20 damage, 3 energy)
Duskull used Disable (6 energy)
Monohm used Dragonbreath (12 damage, 4 energy)
Scraggy used Payback (23 damage, 6 energy)
Duskull used Toxic (7 energy)
Monohm used Thunderbolt (16 damage, 6 energy)
Scraggy used Payback (18 damage, 10 energy)

Team Spenstar:

Puff (Shield Dust)
Energy: 66

Brick (Shed Skin)
Energy: 57
Status: Taunted for one action, Faint Attack Disabled for four actions.

Team Objection:

Captain Hook (Unaware)
HP: KO

Oogie Boogie (Levitate)
HP: KO.

Oh, placeholder! Okay, I was wondering why Hook was still alive xD Just post to tell us when the reffing's up, k?

Round's edited, sorry guys. But that's all!

I gain 4 RC.

Spenstar and Objection gain 2 TC.

Scraggy and Monohm gain 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, and 1 KO counter apiece.

Privatyke and Duskull get the same minus the KO counters.

EDIT: Lol 777 posts.

Damn, I knew I should've used Pain Split on action 2!

Nah jk, your Scraggy pretty much screwed me no matter what I sent out. GG though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)