2v2 Singles at the Beach: shinyskarmory vs. Hyperbeem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Mega Drain first, to restore some health. Next, use Grass Knot if it is currently outside the water, and try to trap it. If it is in the water, use Body Slam to knock it out instead. Either way, use Mega Drain to finish.

Mega Drain->Grass Knot if Staryu outside water, attempt trap->Mega Drain
->Body Slam if Staryu in water, knock it onto land->

Patrick the Staryu
HP: 45
Energy: 82
Atk: 1
Def: 2
SpA: 4
SpD: 2
Spe: 85
Stuff: none

Treewig the Turtwig
HP: 37
Energy: 32
Atk: 3
SpA: 2
SpD: 3
Spe: 31

With both Pokemon preparing for full out offense and not too much health each, it looks like this will be the last round. Patrick starts with an Ice Beam at Treewig, and Treewig responds with a Mega Drain to try to stay alive a bit longer. Patrick shoots an Aurora Beam at Treewig, who uses a Knot of Grass to trip Patrick. It looks like both Pokemon are within one hit of being KOed! Patrick is faster and simply shoots a Beam of Ice Treewig, finishing this match.

Patrick the Staryu
HP: 15
Energy: 63
Atk: 1
SpA: 4
SpD: 2
Spe: 85

Treewig the Turtwig
HP: -2
Energy: 19
Atk: 3
SpA: 2
SpD: 3
Spe: 31

Action 1:
Patrick: Ice Beam: [10 + (4-3)*1.5]*1.5 = 17.25, rounds to 17 Damage, 7 Energy
Treewig: Mega Drain: [6 + 3 + (2-2)*1.5]*1.5 + (1-0)*1.75 = 15.25, rounds to 15 Damage, +8 HP, 8 Energy

Action 2:
Patrick: Aurora Beam: [7 + (4-3)*1.5]*1.5 = 12.75, rounds to 13 Damage, 5 Energy
Treewig: Grass Knot: [6 + 3 + (2-2)*1.5]*1.5 = 15.25, rounds to 15 Damage, 5 Energy

Action 3:
Patrick: Ice Beam: [10 + (4-3)*1.5]*1.5 = 17.25, rounds to 17 Damage, 7 Energy

This was quite a close match, just one action could've changed the result! Claims:

Hyperbeem:
2 TC.
Shadow (Monohm) and Patrick (Staryu) both get 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, and 1 KOC.

shinyskarmory:
2 TC.
Mentalist (Ralts) and Treewig (Turtwig) each get 1 EC, 2 MC, and 1 DC.
Treewig also gets 1 KOC.

C$FP gets 4 RC.

Good match, Hyperbeem!

On a side note, I think that my inexperience probably cost me the match. I used a lot of things that were only questionably useful (status at the beginning LOL). Also, if Destiny Bond had KOed Monohm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)