2v2 Singles - Spenstar vs. Steampowered (SUBREF: DarkSlay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like to seek a beginner match. 2v2, singles. the DQ time should be one day. Standard recovery restrictions (Two uses of Recover/Rest type moves and 5 chills).

Arena:

A grassland in the middle of the night. There's a small, refreshing summer breeze. Clouds cover the sky, but use of Sunny Day will reveal a full moon and stars, though it will have no other effect. There are a few scattered rocks, some only pebbles, some big enough for a small Pokemon to hide behind, all of them breakable. Since it's night, the air is naturally cool. No sandstorm, no hail, due to the grassy setting. There's a small body of water in the general area that can be used for swimming and stuff, but if someone uses it to use surf twice, it's gone.
Summary:
No hail, no sand, sunny day only provides extra vision which is usually bleak, (-1 accuracy for Pokemon that cannot see well in the dark) water is available but you only get two surfs out of it, there are some rocks, otherwise, straightforward arena
I'll go up against Spenstar

All abilities, no items
So here I am, sitting in a grassland, in the middle of the night (completely normal behavior, I know). Suddenly two trainers appear, seemingly out of nowhere. And, just like any good pair of trainers, once they see each other, they know they have to battle. Of course any good battle needs a referee, and since I happen to be the only other one in this field, I guess I'll have to do it myself.

Spenstar's Team:

Revenankh [Grave] (Male)
Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *; Special Attack reduced by *)
Type: Fighting/Ghost
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Air Lock: (Innate) This Pokemon releases immense barometric pressure, clearing the weather in the arena and preventing the effect of weather moves and abilities from taking place.
Mummy (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon's skin has a lasting curse on it. When strucky by an opponents contact move, the curse transfers, changing the opponent's ability(ies) to Mummy for the next six (6) actions.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+1)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2 (-1)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 65

MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Wrap(*)
Bide(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Wring Out(*)
Rock Tomb(*)
Arm Thrust(*)
Mean Look(*)
Glare(*)
Shadow Punch(*)

Shadow Sneak(*)
Force Palm(*)
Curse(*)

Drain Punch(*)
Bulk Up(*)
Substitute(*)

Staryu [Ruby] (No Gender)
Nature: Modest (Special Attack increased by *; Attack reduced by *)
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Natural Cure: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.
Illuminate: (Can be Activated) At any point in a match this Pokemon can illuminate the area without using an action, the light is less powerful than Flash.
Analytic (DW): (Can be Enabled) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-1)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+1)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 85

EC: 0/6

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Harden(*)
Water Gun(*)
Rapid Spin(*)
Recover(*)
Camouflage(*)
Swift(*)

Bubblebeam(*)
Power Gem(*)
Cosmic Power(*)

Hidden Power (Fire, 7)(*)
Ice Beam(*)
Thunderbolt(*)

Steampowered's Team:

Joltik(*) Lemon(F)
Nature:Timid (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks; Subtracts * from Attack)
Type: Bug/Electric
Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.

Abilities:
Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Unnerve: (Innate) The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.
Swarm: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, Scissor Cross from 8 to 10)

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1(-)
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 75 (65 x 1.15)

Attacks:
String Shot(*)
Leech Life(*)
Spider Web(*)
Thunder Wave(*)
Screech(*)
Fury Cutter(*)
Electroweb(*)
Bug Bite(*)
Gastro Acid(*)

Cross Poison(*)
Faint Attack(*)
Disable(*)

Thunderbolt(*)
Energy Ball(*)
Hidden Power(Ice, 7) (*)

Mudkip(*) Ting(M)
Nature: Brave (Adds * to Attack; A 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks)
Type: Water
Water: Summary: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Damp: (Innate) This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4(+)
Spe: 34 (40/1.15)

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Growl(*)
Mud-Slap(*)
Water Gun(*)
Bide(*)
Foresight(*)
Mud-Sport(*)

Endeavor(*)
Aqua Tail(*)
Superpower(*)

Dig(*)
Double Team(*)
Ice Beam(*)

Spenstar sends out a Pokemon
Steampowered sends out a Pokemon and gives orders
Spenstar gives orders
jas61292 attempts to ref
Spenstar gives orders
Steampowered gives orders
jas61292 refs

I think you get it

Oh, and Steampowered, you forgot to say weather this was Switch = KO or Switch = OK. I will assume KO, because that's what I know best, unless you specify otherwise.

Just what I was hoping for. Go, Grave!

Revenankh [Grave] (Male)
Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *; Special Attack reduced by *)
Type: Fighting/Ghost
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Air Lock: (Innate) This Pokemon releases immense barometric pressure, clearing the weather in the arena and preventing the effect of weather moves and abilities from taking place.
Mummy (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon's skin has a lasting curse on it. When strucky by an opponents contact move, the curse transfers, changing the opponent's ability(ies) to Mummy for the next six (6) actions.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 5 (+1)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2 (-1)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 65

Attacks:
Wrap(*)
Bide(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Wring Out(*)
Rock Tomb(*)
Arm Thrust(*)
Mean Look(*)
Glare(*)
Shadow Punch(*)

Shadow Sneak(*)
Force Palm(*)
Curse(*)

Drain Punch(*)
Bulk Up(*)
Substitute(*)

Alright let's go Ting (Mudkip) (M)

Start off the round with Foresight so that we can abuse the crap out of him. Next use a Double Team and create 3 clones who will all dive into the water (cuz you're much more agile in water). Finish off by using the extra agility and use some of the water from the pond to power up a super powerful Aqua Tail

Here we go, Grave! Let's start off with a mean Glare as he tries to identify you. Since he's studying you, it should be a guaranteed hit, if not even more effective because of it! Next, as the Mudkip and clones are diving, make a Substitute. When Mudkip attacks, use Shadow Punch to hit back. Since Shadow Punch, being a guaranteed hit and of supernatural origin, will allow you to sense and strike the real Mudkip, follow your senses and make sure the Shadow Punch connects with the real thing! If at any point Mudkip suffers from parahax, use the chance to Drain his energy with a Punch!

Glare-Substitute-Shadow Punch (replace next action with Drain Punch in case of parahax)

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, reffing is pretty difficult. I'd like to think I got it all right, but let me know if you spot anything that seems off.

Grave (m)
Energy: 100
Glare – Drain Punch – Shadow Punch
Ting (m)
HP: 90​
Energy: 100​
Foresight – Double Team (3 copies) – Aqua Tail

The two trainers face each other, and, as soon as I volunteer my services as a referee, they each grab a Pokéball from their belt, and the battle begins. On one side appears Revenakh named Grave, who seems perfectly energized, despite the late hour. On the other side is a little Mudkip called Ting, who might not be as accustomed to battling at night, but seems just as eager to get this battle going.

The two Pokémon start off the battle by just standing (or floating) in place, staring at each other. I thought I was reffing a Pokémon battle, not a staring contest. Huh, wait a minute, it looks like Grave wasn’t giving just any old stare, but a vicious Glare, and with Ting staring right back at it, the move worked to perfection. Ting appears so scared that it can barely move, suffering 25% Paralysis. Ting tries to compose itself and use a move of its own, but I guess it just can’t shake off the terror of that Glare, because it is Fully Paralyzed.

With Ting barely able to move, Grave sees a great opening, and sucks away some of Ting’s life with a Drain Punch. After being knocked around by that punch, it seems Ting has gotten his body back under control, and he begins to move very fast, despite the paralysis, and uses Double Team. It seems he pulled it off quite well, as there now appear to be 4 Mudkip instead of just 1. The pack of Mudkip then dive into the local watering hole, knowing that they have to get some momentum going.

Yet despite being outnumbered, Grave seems quite happy. And that’s because those clones aren’t fooling him, which he proves by floating over to the water and slamming the real one with a ghostly Shadow Punch, causing all the clones to vanish into thin air. By this point Ting seems rather frustrated, as its first to actions have been a complete waste, so he finally decides it’s time to start fighting back. He leaps out of the water and whacks Grave across the face with an Aqua Tail, using some water he pulled up with him to boost its power.

Ting drops back down into the water, as its paralysis takes the first steps toward wearing off, and Grave hovers over by the shore.

Grave (m)
HP: 85
Energy: 84
Ting (m)
HP: 62​
Energy: 82​

Grave: Glare (6 Energy)
Ting: Fully Paralyzed

Grave: Drain Punch (15 Damage, 7 Energy)
Ting: Double Team 3 Clones (12 Energy)

Grave: Shadow Punch (13 Damage, 3 Energy)
Ting: Aqua Tail (15 Damage, 6 Energy)

Spenstar, you’re up.

Way to go Grave! That's some awesome battling you got doing on there!

Start the match with a Bulk Up. If Mudkip comes out to attack you, respond with a Drain Punch, followed by a fierce Sand Tomb. Otherwise, trap Mudkip with a Sand Tomb, using the muddy pond-dirt to trap him in his own domain, followed by a Rock Tomb, which is your strongest attack that can hit despite the sand. But if he uses Double Team at any point, Shadow Punch ASAP

Bulk Up-Sand Tomb-Rock Tomb (If Mudkip comes out of the water, replace the last two actions with Drain Punch and Sand Tomb, and if Mudkip uses Double Team, regardless of whether he emerges from the water or not, use Shadow Punch and push the later actions back)

Edit: How do you pronounce "Revenankh"? I can't figure it out D:

Ok Ting...

that last round hurt us quite a bit but we aren't done yet

To start, use Dig at the bottom of the lake while he uses Bulk Up, while underground in Dig, tunnel under the arena to where Grave is waiting and wait till he uses Sand Tomb in the water. This will make the water muddy and that's when you'll pop out from the ground with a now ground type infused Aqua Tail making it both super powerful and because it's muddy it should lower his accuracy. Then finish up with Foresight cuz it didn't work last time

jas61292

used substitute
Spenstar, I believe Revenankh is pronounced basically how it's spelled, with the h silent, like Rev-en-ank, but I'm not 100% sure. Though I know I saw it somewhere in the CAP forums. Anyways, on to the battle!

Grave (m)
Energy: 84
Bulk Up – Sand Tomb – Rock Tomb
Ting (m)
HP: 62​
Energy: 82​
Dig – Aqua Tail – Foresight​

With Ting swimming around in the water, out of reach of Grave’s fists for the moment, Grave decides to use this time to strengthen its muscles (or papers, or whatever he is) with a Bulk Up. Meanwhile, sensing that something is coming, Ting dives underwater, as if to dig in the bottom of the pool. However, on the way down, its body seizes up once again as it is Fully Paralyzed. Poor Ting.

As Ting struggles to gain control of its body, Grave looks to make it even tougher on the little guy by mixing up the mud underneath the water with a Sand Tomb. Ting tries to retaliate with an Aqua Tail, but being trapped in the water by the Sand Tomb, it is unable to get close enough to Grave to make contact. Fortunately for Ting, the Aqua Tail did throw some of the now muddy water at Grave, enough to make it lose its focus and free Ting from the trapping attack.

Annoyed that the Ting was able to free itself so quickly, Grave picks up some nearby Rocks, and begin throwing them at Ting, trying to bury in in a watery Tomb. While the Mudkip is able to avoid being completely trapped by these rocks, his motion is restricted enough to lower his speed. Ting, however appears unfazed, and begins staring right at Grave. He uses his Foresight to identify the ghost’s true nature, and give it an advantage later on. After all, at this point, he really needs any advantage he can get.

Grave (m)
Energy: 69
Boosts/Drops: +1 Atk, +1 Def
Other: Identified by Foresight
(Susceptible to Normal/Fighting moves)
Ting (m)
HP: 43​
Energy: 70​
Boosts/Drops: -1 Spe​

Grave: Bulk Up (7 Energy)
Ting: Fully Paralyzed

Grave: Sand Tomb (9 Damage, 4 Energy)
Ting: Aqua Tail (6 Energy) did not hit

Grave: Rock Tomb (10 Damage, 4 Energy)
Ting: Foresight (6 Energy)

Man, Steampowered, you're getting unlucky with the RNG. But there is still time to turn it around. Lets see what you can do. You're up.

Rev-en-ank... cool, thanks.

After this round is over, (so it doesn't interfere with any actions) I'm going to congratulate Grave by giving him a big hug. It won't count as one of the actions and it won't do anything, think of it as sort of a flavor event. I'm a sentimental trainer, is all, and thanks to Forsight,I can hug my ghost buddy without giving him a ring target first ^_^ Again, it's just a "flavor" thing and doesn't count for anything :P I AM allowed to do that, right? BTW how long does Forsight last?

God this sucks... nothing seems to be going our way this battle... stupid hax...

Well let's not give up yet...

Alright Ting, now that we can hit him with it, let's take all the damage he's done to us and put it on him with an Endeavor which should help us alot, follow up two Mud-Slaps to lower his accuracy alot and finish up with an Aqua Tail

Should the first Endeavor not work (paralyzed, blocks, misses) then replace the second action with another Endeavor and finish up with Mud-Slap to lower his accuracy for the next round

Should both the Endeavors not work (they probably will with my luck) then make you're third action Endeavor

We have to make that Endeavor hit!!!

Alright Grave, you're faster, so you can take advantage of your greater speed by making a 10 HP Substitute before Endevour reaches you. Endevour will fail because the target, the sub, has less HP than Ting. Now follow up with a Drain Punch to sap Ting's HP and restore your own, and finish the round with a Force Palm. Force Palm will cost less energy than a second Drain Punch and we want to possibly get our paralasis back! If Endevour indeed hits and breaks your sub, instead make another Substitute to make sure Mud-slap doesn't lower our accuracy!

Substitute(10HP)-Drain Punch-Force Palm (if Substitute breaks, use Substitute(10HP) again and shift your actions to the right)

jas61292

used substitute
So the higher ups have informed me that Endeavor works off the opponent's health, not the Substitutes, just like in the games. Sorry Spenstar. It was a good idea.

Grave (m)
Energy: 69
Boosts/Drops: +1 Atk, +1 Def
Substitute – Substitute – Drain Punch
Ting (m)
HP: 43​
Energy: 70​
Boosts/Drops: -1 Spe​
Endeavor – Mud Slap – Aqua Tail

Having finally succeeded at something by identifying Grave with Foresight, Ting decides to use this time to go on the offensive, and swims furiously over to where Grave is hovering. Sensing an attack coming, Grave decides to protect itself by setting up a Substitute. Ting, unable to recognize the fake, slams into it with a powerful Endeavor. The substitute, unable to take such a strong hit, cracks, and then vanishes.

With the substitute gone, Ting turns around and towards the muddy water and starts flinging it at Grave. As the mud flies at it, Grave protects itself by putting up another Substitute. While this maneuver does prevent Grave from getting mud in its eyes, the muddy water it created last round only serves to boost the Mud-Slap’s power, and this improved attack strikes the sub with critical force, causing it to shatter once again.

Grave must realize that these defensive tricks are getting it nowhere, because it looks like it is to make up for its sacrificed health by stealing some of Ting’s. With Ting swimming right near the shore, Grave is able to get right up to it, and Drain Punch it right in the face, knocking it out of the water. But it doesn’t look like Grave will get a chance to enjoy that stolen health, as Ting is charging right back at it. Ting leaps at Grave, swings around and slams it with an Aqua Tail, knocking Grave back a bit.

Grave has certainly lost a bit of its edge this round, but it still seems to be firmly in the lead. How will this battle go now, with both Pokémon back on dry land?

Grave (m)
HP: 61
Energy: 48
Ting (m)
HP: 27​
Energy: 51​

Grave: Substitute 10HP (7 Energy)
Ting: Endeavor (12 Damage, 10 Energy)

Grave: Substitute 10HP (7 Energy)
Ting: Mud Slap (10 Damage, 3 Energy) Critical

Grave: Drain Punch (16 Damage, 8 Energy, +7 HP)
Ting: Aqua Tail (12 Damage, 6 Energy)

Oh, and by the way Spenstar:
Data Audit Thread said:
The Pokemon siphons between 15 and 25% (flat) of its life force and creates a Substitute. The Substitute can absorb damage and status attacks for the user. Although weaker substitutes can be attempted, they are usually of shoddy construction and can dissipate quickly.
While it didn't matter this time thanks to the mud boost and crit, for future reference, 10 HP subs might not always work.

Anyways, Spenstar, it's your move.

That didn't go exactly as planned, but we can still do this! We still have the lead! Begin with Glare, but if Ting makes an action to avoid looking at you or to dodge the attack entirely, thus evading the glare, I want you to use Shadow Punch instead. Follow up with your favorite move, Drain Punch! If the Glare from the first action connected, finish the round with Shadow Punch. If you used Shadow Punch as the first action because Ting avoided Glare, use Force Palm instead.

Glare-Drain Punch-Shadow Punch (If Ting makes any kind of evasive action, including averting vision from Grave, before Glare, replace first action with Shadow Punch and the third action with Force Palm)

Well now that we're down to such low HP and he won't set up another Substitute let's go for the Endeavor

Alright Ting start off with Endeavor to bring his health down to ours then follow up with your strongest move Superpower x2 to finish him off

If you get fully paralyzed or you miss with Endeavor, switch your second action to Endeavor and finish with Superpower

If you get fully paralyzed or you miss with Endeavor twice, switch your third action to Endeavor

jas61292

used substitute
Hey Steampowered, it seems based on your orders that you were thinking Endeavor works like in game. While it does work off the HP stats of the combatants, it does not actually bring them down to your HP like in game. I suggest you guys check out the Attacks section over in the Data Audit thread. It will let you know exactly how every move works in ASB.

Anyways, here we go:

Grave (m)
HP: 60
Energy: 48
Glare – Drain Punch – Shadow Punch
Ting (m)
HP: 27​
Energy: 51​
Endeavor – Superpower– Superpower

As the battle resumes back, now back on the land, it would seems Ting is trying to take the initiative by running right for Grave. With the little blue Pokémon coming right towards it, Grave tries to stop it in its tracks by frightening it with another Glare. But, it doesn’t seem like it had any effect. I guess he must have blinked or something, because it seems that the attack missed. And with Grave just blankly staring at him, Ting focuses all that pain he has taken, and uses it to fuel a powerful Endeavor.

Now Grave is not looking too happy. He was not incredibly hurt by that last move, but I think he is growing tired of the little Mudkip. So, he raises his fist, and Drain Punches Ting one more time, healing off over half the damage it took from the last hit. Ting looks ready to fall, but he is not going down without a fight, and gathers the last of his strength to slam Grave with its Superpower. This move does some respectable damage, but leaves ting so exhausted that both its attacking strength and its defense drop.

Knowing he can finally end this, Grave floats over for one last attack. Too tired to provide any resistance, Ting collapses after Grave’s final Shadow Punch.

With one Pokémon down and Grave still looking ready to fight, will Steampowered be able to pull off a comeback? Or is the ghastly foe too much to handle?

Grave (m)
HP: 43
Energy: 32
Ting (m)
HP: 0​
Energy: 0​

Grave: Glare (6 Energy) miss
Ting: Endeavor (12 Damage, 10 Energy)

Grave: Drain Punch (15 Damage, 7 Energy, +7 HP)
Ting: Superpower (12 Damage, 8 Energy)

Grave: Shadow Punch (14 Damage, 3 Energy)
Ting: KOd

Since you only have one Pokemon left, I'll just send it out for you. So here is Lemon:

Joltik(*) Lemon(F)
Nature:Timid (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks; Subtracts * from Attack)
Type: Bug/Electric
Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.

Abilities:
Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Unnerve: (Innate) The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.
Swarm: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, Scissor Cross from 8 to 10)

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1(-)
Spe: 75 (65 x 1.15)

Attacks:
String Shot(*)
Leech Life(*)
Spider Web(*)
Thunder Wave(*)
Screech(*)
Fury Cutter(*)
Electroweb(*)
Bug Bite(*)
Gastro Acid(*)

Cross Poison(*)
Faint Attack(*)
Disable(*)

Thunderbolt(*)
Energy Ball(*)
Hidden Power(Ice, 7) (*)

It's your move Steampowered.

you did your best Ting that was really helpful

Let's go Lemon

Start with a Thunder Wave to paralyze him. His anoying Shed skin might cure the status problem so stop his abilities with Gastro Acid. Finish up with a devastating Thunderbolt.

Start by fading into the shadows with an Evasive Shadow Sneak to avoid that thunder wave. It can't hit you because the ground you're now part of will insulate the attack. Then use Shadow Punch to get some damage in. Finish the round with Rock Tomb. If we can make him slower, it'll be to our benefit.

Evasive Shadow Sneak-Shadow Punch-Rock Tomb

jas61292

used substitute
You remember how Steampowered kinda got screwed over by the RNG in the first two rounds? Yeah, it seems like it is making up for it now. Sorry Spenstar.

Grave (m)
HP: 43
Energy: 32
Shadow Sneak (evasive) – Shadow Punch – Rock Tomb
Lemon (f)
HP: 90​
Energy: 100​
Thunder Wave – Gastro Acid– Thunderbolt

With Ting able to battle no more, Grave moves on to its next opponent, a little yellow bug. That’s right, it’s a Joltik, who goes by the name of Lemon. Lemon starts off the match-up quickly by generating some electricity. It fires off some blue sparks towards Grave in an attempt to paralyze it. And it looks like Grave won’t be able to escape this one. But wait, where is Grave? Oh, over there. I guess it Sneaked Away in the Shadows while I was watching Lemon. He’s probably glad he evaded that Thunder Wave.

Well, Lemon doesn’t seem too happy that her attack was dodged. Not only that but I think she must be feeling sick. I don’t think Lemon looks too good. I think she is going to…. Oh yuck! It looks like Lemon just threw up, spraying Grave with her Gastro Acid. Well, at least it looks like she is feeling better now. And so am I actually, cause with Graves abilities disabled, that Air Lock is gone, and I can finally get some fresh air in here. Oh, and I think it can’t shed its skin either. Too bad. But now it really seems like Grave is pissed off. But then again, who wouldn’t be after being puked on? So grave flies over towards Lemon and Shadow Punches her right in the face. That looked like it hurt.

Now , having been punched in the face, I think Lemon has decided that she is done with these silly status moves. She want to actually do some damage. And after charging up a bit, she unleashes a Thunderbolt right at Grave. Shocking. Not only that, but it would seem she made up for that missed Thunder Wave earlier, because the electricity has caused Grave to suffer 15% Paralysis. Paralyzed, and lacking the ability to shed its skin, Grave is really beginning to hate that bug, so he picks up a nearby rock and throws it at her, in an attempt to squish his foe. But I guess he needs to practice his pitching some more, because his Rock Tomb was off the mark, and missed.

It would seem Lemon is beginning to put together a comeback. Will she be strong enough to pull through? Only time will tell.

Grave (m)
HP: 33
Energy: 22
Other: Abilities disabled for 4 more actions
Lemon (f)
HP: 77​
Energy: 84​

Grave: Shadow Sneak (3 Energy)
Lemon: Thunder Wave (7 Energy)

Lemon: Gastro Acid (6 Energy)
Grave: Shadow Punch (13 Damage, 3 Energy)

Lemon: Thunderbolt (10 Damage, 6 Energy)
Grave: Rock Tomb (4 Energy) miss

Spenstar, it's your move.

Alright, fair enough. That Shadow Punch looked like it did quite a bit of damage, so we'll rock with that! Start with Shadow Punch, then use Shadow Sneak, and finish the round with Shadow Punch. We want to make things easier on Ruby when he comes in, right? Shadow Punch cannot miss and does decent damage at a low energy cost, so use it as your go-to move! If you get parahax during your first action, replace your second one with Glare.

Shadow Punch-Shadow Sneak-Shadow Punch (replace second action with Glare in case of first action parahax)

I may as well spend the last hour before the "GASP"! rapture! playing pokemon :P (stupid extremists)

Anyways...

Lemon, start off with an Energy Ball to get in some damage, next use Thunderbolt and finish with another Energy Ball

I may as well spend the last hour before the "GASP"! rapture! playing pokemon :P (stupid extremists)
I'd love the narration to joke about the rapture in the next couple rounds... maybe something like Grave getting raptured just before the attack that would KO him hits xD

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Grave (m)
HP: 33
Energy: 22
Boosts: None
Other: Abilities disabled for 4 more actions
Lemon (f)
HP: 77
Energy:
None
Boosts:
None
Other:
None
BEGIN ROUND FIVE

Lemon skitters around, gathering some of the natural energy around her. She creates enough energy to fire off a powerful Energy Ball right at the tall ghost! This hits for okay damage. The energy seeps into the bandages of the mummy, lowering its Special Defense by one stage! Grave doesn't seem to mind much, and fires off a strong Shadow Punch right at its target. This hits for great damage!

Somehow through its paralysis, Grave is the first one off this time. He quickly sneaks into the shadows and strikes with a Shadow Sneak! This hits for good damage. The little electric bug, however, retaliates with a huge shock of static electricity: a Thunderbolt! This strikes Revenankh for good damage.

On the last turn, Lemon once again uses natural energy for an Energy Ball attack! This strikes for a bit more damage than last thanks to the drop. And on cue, Grave strikes again with a good Shadow Punch for great damage!

END ROUND FIVE

Grave (m)
HP: 9
Energy: 7
Boosts: -1 Special Defense
Other: Abilities disabled for 1 more actions
Lemon (f)

HP: 37
Energy:
None
Boosts:
None
Other:
None

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)