3 Age Divisions at VGC This Year - Juniors, Seniors, and Masters

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Huy, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Mosquito

Mosquito

Well, obviously, VGC stands for Video Game Championships -.- The tournaments weren't set to VGC Rules - VGC rules were made for the tournaments. The meta isn't particularly weird, if you do realize the Pokemon is a Japanese game. The Japanese moved from Singles 3v3 to Doubles 4v4 when Ruby/Sapphire came out. We Americans stuck to Singles 6v6 since RBY, and continued all the way through Generation V. This isn't an "American" metagame, but rather a Japanese one, so that's why the rules are so weird to you. Also, the Unova Dex only rule is to make the metagame fresh - after three years of seeing Metagross and Snorlax everywhere, and after discovering all the usable strategies of previous generations, making it Unova-only forces everyone to rethink their strategies and ideas, and practically start anew.
  2. Werecario

Werecario

It was a joke lol... Anyway, Skarmbliss is the best place to practice so if you are doing well then its usually a good sign. Randoms that have weird or no strategies can pose as a problem though, but usually they aren't a huge threat.
  3. Rukario

Rukario

1996; Masters. I'm just curious to know how many masters from Smogon will enter a NE qualifiers. At first it seemed like very few were going to enter the NE qualifiers (Cybertron, Mosquitox216) but now I'm seeing more and more people who's going. So I'm just wondering how much there will actually be. Replies to this comment would be appreciated :)
  4. Human

Human

1996 is Seniors. And also look at the group in my sig Are You Going to Participate in VGC 2011 Seniors Division? to see a lot of the people who are going to be there. Also BlueCookies is training someone who I don't think it part of Smogon.
  5. PygmyPuff812

PygmyPuff812

Seniors for me (1996)... I don't know if that's good or not... I guess it's awesome either way :)
  6. Woj

Woj

Masters, wooooo! Should be a fun first one =)
  7. Rukario

Rukario

I'm such an idiot. I meant Seniors, not Masters. And is he really training someone? Well that's just gonna make it better when I win ;D LOL but seriously, I will check out that group. Seems like a lot of good people though.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)