3-on-3; AlphaJolt Vs. Lord Jesseus at Lake Valor- AlphaJolt wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start things off with your Intimidation, make him less confidant and let him know that you are the champ! Then heat up this battle with some Fire Blast. Finish with Flame Wheel, and hope that one of the two burn him.

Substitution: If I get paralysed on either of the first actions, move them all back one slot.

I think you are more intimidating than him. Show him what I mean! Intimidate him!
We'll both be down on attack but with him paralysed, and us with Rivalry, I think we have the upper hand. Charge up to buff SpDef and power your electric moves then move in with Spark.

90 HP
100 Energy
Boosts: none

Vs.

90 HP
100 Energy

Hello again everyone, I am getting sick of all these commercials interrupting this amazing match!! We have what is our match between the newcomer AlphaJolt in his debut match against Lord Jesseus, and its still anybody's game! AlphaJolt just sent out his second pokemon, Growlithe, and Lord Jesseus' first pokemon, Joltik, fainted before doing any damage to Growlithe, but she did manage to paralyze the pup. Lord Jesseus has responded with a puppy of his own, a Shinx. Let's see what happens now, as this back-and-forth match up continues!

The two puppies are stare each other down. It's one of the strangest things I've ever seen, I'm watching these two (in my opinion) adorable puppies Intimidate each other. Any physicality between the two is likely to not hurt as bad.

They continue to stare each other down, but I can see fire coming out of Argos the Growlithe's mouth. Its getting ready to launch a Fire Blast at Epsilon the Shinx. Shinx sees it coming, and he decides to lessen the blow from such attacks, and Charges up. That'll increase his special defense for a while, as well as boost all his electric attacks!! The paralysis causes Argos to launch his attack after Epsilon finished charging. Looks like Omicron's last action could turn the tide of this matchup!

Shinx then decides he's weakened up Argos enough, and is looking to take some offensive initiative. He runs right at Argos, and I can see Sparks coming out of Epsilon's body! Argos is looking to retaliate, and covers hisbody in flames, and charges towards Epsilon with a Flame Wheel attack. The two collide, creating a small cloud of smoke.

Growlithe
Fire Blast- 17 Damage, 7 Energy
Flame Wheel- 9 Damage, 3 Energy

Shinx
Charge- 7 Energy
Spark- 16.5 (rounded up to 17) Damage, 4 Energy

73 HP
90 Energy
Boosts: -1 Attack (permanent)

Vs.

64 HP
89 Energy
Boosts: +1 Special Defense, -1 Attack (permanent), +3 base power to electric attacks (5 more actions)

The smoke has finally cleared, and both dogs are standing firm, ready to keep going. Its too early to tell who will come out on top! Unfortunately, we've run out of time on this episode, tune in next time to see who will win!!

Lord Jesseus, your actions, please.

This is disadvantageous to me, but I believe Charge is only a +1 SpDef boost.

Anyway, let's ramp things up a bit. Start off with another Spark. Set up some nice parafusion with Swagger and then Spark him up again!

Use Fire Blast again, even with his SpD increase it did good damage. After he boosts your attack, hit with another Flame Wheel, and try to burn him with either of the two attacks. Heal up with Morning Sun.

Substitution: If I get parafused, move each move back and skip Morning Sun.

So charge is only a plus one. I'll recalc, update, and then ref this next round. Fun fact, I also forgot Rivalry on Shinx. Updating again

Hello folks, and welcome to Battle of the Day here at Pokemon Stadium. We pick up where we left off last episode, where newcomer AlphaJolt was battling Lord Jesseus in his first ever pokemon match, at scenic Lake Valor. The score is tied at 2 apiece, as AlphaJolt's Growlithe, named Argos, takes on Lord Jesseus' Shinx, Epsilon. Let's see how they were when we left them;

73 HP
90 Energy

Vs.

64 HP
89 Energy
Boosts: +1 Special Defense, -1 Attack (permanent), +3 base power to electric attacks (5 more actions)

Epsilon is ready to keep up the offensive pressure and take advantage of his still-charged fur, and runs at Argos covered in Sparks again, hurting Argos good. Argos slides back a few feet, flames building in his mouth once more. And sure enough, he launches a devastating Fire Blast at Epsilon!

Epsilon doesn't seem to mind the flames, though. In fact, it looks like he's getting his Swag on, almost ignoring Argos. Argos has no idea how to react. Epsilon's maneuver seems to have confused and infuriated Argos; his attacks will do more damage, but he may very well attack himself instead of Epsilon!! That doesn't happen this time, in fact, Argos realizes his physical attacks will do more damage, and covers his body in a Wheel of Flame, colliding with Epsilon and knocking him back.

Epsilon doesn't appreciate the assault, and throws himself at Argos, covered in Sparks once again. Epsilon is so irritated, that he hits Argos in a weak spot, causing critical damage! Argos has taken in so much electricity that he is paralyzed, and unable to complete his action! How unfortunate for the Growlithe, this round has been rough on him :(

Growlithe
Fire Blast- 16.5 (rounded up to 17) Damage, 7 Energy
Flame Wheel- 12 Damage, 3 Energy
Full Paralysis

Shinx
Spark- 16.5 (rounded up to 17) Damage, 4 Energy
Swagger- 7 Energy
Spark (critical hit)- 19.5 (rounded up to 20) Damage, 4 Energy

36 HP
80 Energy
Boosts: +1 Attack (will drop to -1)

Vs.

35 HP
74 Energy
Boosts: -1 Attack (permanent), +3 base power to electric attacks (2 more actions)

AlphaJolt, your actions, please.

36 HP
80 Energy
Boosts: +1 Attack (will drop to -1)

Vs.

35 HP
74 Energy
Boosts: -1 Attack (permanent), +3 base power to electric attacks (2 more actions)

Hello again folks, man, this is a lot of commercial breaks! If you all contributed more at our fundraisers, we wouldn't have so many commercial breaks for our sponsors! Anyway, let's review this matchup thus far; Epsilon the Shinx is taking on Argos the Growlithe. Both pokemon are low on health, as they've been hitting each other hard from the get-go. Argos is paralyzed, giving Epsilon a possible advantage. Let's see how things play out from here.

Epsilon is using a maneuver we've seen here before, covering himself in Sparks as he tackles Argos. Poor Argos is feeling the pain, alright. It seems the poor fire pup has too much electricity flowing through him, as is fully paralyzed again!! Argos just can't catch a break, folks!

It looks like Epsilon realizes another Spark attack won't finish Argos, and decides to pull out all the stops, Charging at Argos with a Wild ferocity like nothing I've ever seen before! Argos is finally able to compose himself, just barely hanging on!! He launches another Fire Blast at Epsilon, and it looks like the flames are having a more permanent effect on Epsilon. I think Epsilon has been burned!

Epsilon is getting visibly aggrivated at Argos, and hits him hard with another Spark, and the brave Argos just can't take anymore, Argos has fainted!!

0 HP
0 Energy

Vs.

11 HP
60 Energy

Growlithe
Full Paralysis
Fire Blast- 18 Damage, 7 Energy

Shinx
Spark- 14.5 (rounded up to 15) Damage, 4 Energy
Wild Charge- 16.5 (rounded up to 17) Damage, 6 Energy (4 Damage Recoil)
Spark- 8.5 (rounded up to 9) Damage, 4 Energy

Burn- 2 Damage x 1 Action- 2 Damage to Shinx

I'll take the liberty of sending out AlphaJolt's last pokemon, Gareth the Dratini. Lord Jesseus, your actions, please.

Ok Shinx, let's set up Dratini for our next opponent. Intimidate him, then Thunder Wave, followed by Toxic if you're somehow still alive.

Finish him off with Dragon Pulse. If he's still alive after that, use Twister.

Idk how priority works. I'm faster with DP but idk if abilities move before attacks. If they are not prioritized, I don't get intimidated, but idk how that works cause I've never had this situation where its KO or get intimidated lol.

90 HP
100 Energy

Vs.

11 HP
60 Energy

Hello everyone, I'm sure you know where we are by now! Let's just dive right back into the action so you don't have to listen to me ramble!

AlphaJolt has sent out his last pokemon, Gareth the Dratini, to finish off Epsilon the Shinx. Epsilon, seeing his new opponent, shoots Gareth an Intimidating glare, and whoah boy, that really is intimidating! Gareth is gonna be feeling that for the rest of the match! In an attempt to clear his head, Gareth fires a Dragonic Pulse at Epsilon. After the beating from Argos, Epsilon just can't continue, Epsilon has fainted! As we await Lord Jesseus' last pokemon, I'm going to hand you all over to my broadcast partner, as after Epsilon's last maneuver, I need to change my pants O.o

Dratini
Dragon Pulse- 12 Damage, 6 Energy

90 HP
94 Energy
Boosts: -1 Attack (Permanent)

Vs.

0 HP
0 Energy

I'll send out Pilcowatt for Lord Jesseus. AlphaJolt, your actions please.

Nice KO. Get the upper hand on Delta by paralyzing him with Thunder Wave. After that use Dragon Dance. For your last attack use Wrap to limit his actions.
Substitution: If he Detects on ThunderWave, replace DD with another TW

Ok, start off by Tracing his ability. You're already 50% resistant to Electric Based paralysis, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Next, there's a type bonus for Water here so let's go ahead and Scald him. Finish up with Signal Beam.

Reffing will go in this post. I just wanted to make sure I remind you both before this finishes, that this thread started April 30. That means your mons don't get the extra MC, they just get the one each, I believe.

90 HP
94 Energy
Boosts: -1 Attack (Permanent)

Vs.

90 HP
100 Energy

Hello all, and welcome to yada yada yada! I'm so excited watching this match, I can't even mention our sponsors! Let's just dive right into the action!

Delta the Pilcowatt starts things off in our final face-off here at Lake Valor, by Tracing the opposing Gareth the Dratini's ability. That could really come in handy, too, as Gareth fires a Thunder Wave at Delta. A bit of an odd move, considering Delta is part-electric. But the move lands, and Gareth is now faster than Delta, so it just may give Gareth the advantage it needs!

Gareth hopes to capitalize on Delta's status condition, and begins a special Dragonic Dance. This special ritual will make Gareth hit harder and faster, Delta better not let Gareth get in too many of those if he hopes to win this one! It doesn't look like Delta can interrupt this one, though, as he's fully paralyzed! That is quite unfortunate!

Gareth has had enough preparation, it seems, and he slithers towards Delta, and while the Pilcowatt is trying to regain movement, Wraps himself around Delta! That will restrict most of Delta's movements moving forward with this match! Delta realizes this, and uses a part of his body he can use, his tail. He fires a Signal Beam at Gareth. And since Gareth is wrapped around Delta, the dragon cannot avoid the attack. Gareth makes things even more difficult for Delta by squeezing down even more, sapping some health from Delta. Unfortunately, that's all the time we have this episode, let's see how our combatants are doing before we go off the air;

79 HP
78 Energy
Boosts: + 1 Speed, Attack will fall to -1 (neutral this turn)

Vs.

80 HP
90 Energy
Boosts: Trace (4 more actions)

Dratini
Thunder Wave- 7 Energy
Dragon Dance- 6 Energy
Wrap- 3 Energy

Delta
Trace- 4 Energy
Full Paralysis
Signal Beam- 11 Damage, 6 Energy

I believe Lord Jesseus is next.

Goddammit Shed Skin never works for me...
He's got us tight so let's not try to be overly tricky. Scald him first up. Follow with Signal Beam and then Scald him again.

You need to weaken him without taking a lot of damage. Start by hitting with Dragon Pulse, then dodge his Signal Beam using Dragon Dance. Finish up aith a second Dragon Pulse.

79 HP
78 Energy
Boosts: + 1 Speed, Attack will fall to -1 (neutral this turn)

Vs.

80 HP
90 Energy
Boosts: Trace (4 more actions)

Welcome everyone to another episode of Battle of the Day! We resume our match over at Lake Valor, as both AlphaJolt and Lord Jesseus are down to their last pokemon. Let's dive right into the action;

Gareth the Dratini, currently wrapped around Delta the Pilcowatt, takes advantage of their physical situation by firing a Dragon Pulse at Delta, who is unable to dodge. Delta doesn't appreciate taking such abuse at close range and wants to create some separation, fires a burst of Scalding water at Gareth. Gareth reminds Delta who has control by squeezing Delta a bit more.

Delta prepares his tail for another Signal Beam. Gareth sees it coming, and chooses to release Delta and use his Dragon Dance to escape the attack, Delta missed.

Gareth takes to some offense again, and fires another Dragon Pulse at Delta for some more solid damage. Delta refuses to just sit by and let that happen, so he fires another Scalding water blast at Gareth.

Wait, what's happening to Delta? It's Shedding its Skin, he's no longer paralyzed! How will this affect the match? Let's see how our battlers are holding up;

Dratini
Dragon Pulse- 13.5 (rounded up to 14) Damage, 6 Energy
Dragon Dance- 6 Energy
Dragon Pulse- 13.5 (rounded up to 14) Damage, 6 Energy

Wrap- 2 Damage

Pilcowatt
Scald- 12 Damage, 5 Energy
Signal Beam- 6 Energy

55 HP
60 Energy
Boosts: +1 Speed, Attack will fall to -1

Vs.

50 HP
74 Energy
Boosts: Trace (1 more action)

So, the arena gives a boost to water. This was never specified, so I made it a +1 in base power to water attacks. AlphaJolt, your actions.

Wow, AlphaJolt, I'm so sorry. You're right on both counts you PM'ed me. I have no idea why I saw Dragon Dance instead. I also forgot to include Dratini's resistance. I'll fix it immediately.

no problem, thanks :)

Try to keep him paralyzed so use Thunder Wave again. Use Twister and hope to flinch, and finish up with another Wrap to do some constant damage.

55 HP
60 Energy
Boosts: +1 Speed, Attack will fall to -1

Vs.

50 HP
74 Energy
Boosts: Trace (1 more action)

Hello everyone, our battle is drawing to a close, as the last two pokemon are duking it out here at Lake Valor. AlphaJolt and his Dratini Gareth are taking on Lord Jesseus and Delta the Pilcowatt. Let's get back to the action;

Gareth the Dratini starts off this round, by moving in a circular motion, building up a static charge. He then fires the built-up electricity into a Thunder Wave at Delta, who had just last round shed his paralysis. Not wanting to slow down again, he puts up a barrier, Detecting the move before it hits.

Delta lowers his guard after the wave is deflected, and fires more Scalding hot water at Gareth. The power of the water moves continue to be boosted by the nearby Lake! That could mean big trouble for Gareth and AlphaJolt! Gareth responds by creating a Twister of debris to send at Delta, and it hurts him good.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it, as the old saying goes. Delta and Lord Jesseus are big believers of that saying, as Delta launches even more Scalding water at Gareth. Gareth endures the hit, and hurries towards Delta, wrapping himself around Delta. Let's see how our combatants are doing;

Dratini
Thunder Wave- 7 Energy
Twister- 8.5 (rounded up to 9) Damage, 2 Energy
Wrap- 7.5 (rounded up to 8) Damage, 3 Energy

Pilcowatt
Detect- 7 Energy
Scald- 12 Damage, 9 Energy

31 HP
33 Energy
Boosts: -1 Attack

Vs.

33 HP
53 Energy

Both pokemon are giving it their all, who will manage to come out on top?!? Stay tuned to find out! Lord Jesseus, your actions, please.

Yeah, sorry about that. I accidentally used the wrong attack stat. I've since fixed it.

Was Twister a critical hit? Because otherwise I can't see how it did so much damage, by my calcs it should be 8.5.

Signal Beam~Scald~Scald
As long as nothing goes wrong, this should finish him I think. But if he uses Dragon Pulse or Twister, use Mirror Coat, and Counter for Extremespeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)