Zapdos @ Leftovers ** Stupefaction!
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Spd / 104 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Okay, I know he's a total weirdo with his moveset and EVs, yadiya... 274 beats unboosted Smeargles, main thing is to try and t-wave them, then blow them outta the way. More offensive than I usually do, because I need any help I can get with Suicune.

Machamp (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Cross Chop
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

He's cool. Rest of the team kinda sucks against Celebi, thus my choice of HP Bug. Yes, it's weird... but oh well, Celebi dies, yay! Gengar can meet Zapdos/Jirachi, while Dusclops can... um... well screw Dusclops! If someone could give me a nice way to take Celebi out of the picture I'd love to go to HP Ghost... When Chansey(Blissey) and Jirachi get into gear and start paralyzing random stuff I'm ready to rock.

Oh btw I'm using this spread from Smogon's strategy stuff, but have no idea why, and really want to dump more into HP. What is outsped by 177?

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Surf

More solid t-tar protection than Vaporeon. (Dang, was hoping to avoid using him for once)

Chansey (F) @ Leftovers ** Blissey
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave

Yes, it's an inferior Blissey in every way, but I'm a Blissey hater myself. And from what I've seen, Chansey's good enough... If there's a serious battle I'll go Blissey, otherwise Chansey's cool.

I consider Chansey the third best cleric, ahead of Miltank and Articuno. Kinda sad.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 192 Def / 48 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Wondering why he isn't a standard... probably the most used BL. Spikes, rapid spin, my switch-in to Celebi (yay, no, iono...?)

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 32 Spd / 100 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunder
- Wish

Paralysis support, wish support yay! Probly go back to using reflect, HP Grass hasn't nailed a pert yet (no one uses him as a counter...? I do lol)

So uh... I don't have a solid counter to t-tar, I'd probably go to Vaporeon... though if I know he's there I can fire off thunders and thunder waves and stuff to try and keep him at bay. Never figured out a good way to deal with Celebi, other than when they come in to Machamp... Blissey usually freezes my teams, but that's why I built this one around teh Champ.

Comments, suggestions, revelations on my idiocy?

Made changes, yay.

Kinda overkill sdef EVs on Zappy imo, especially since you already have chansey. I would split half of the sdef EVs into spd, def, and sp atk. Btw you don't really need a restalker b/c you have chansey for AT/taking status. You can go Agili/Sub pass Zap to support Champ if you want. (twave version sucks imo)

I dunno what 177 is for also. I usually just went with max HP/atk on champ.

Pert over Vapp would make a solid Tar counter, but Zap/Vap/Jira could do well with proper prediction against some versions.

I've always preferred CM Jira to all other versions, but w/e.

This team is probably the most defensively oriented team I've ever rated. It's basically Champ + 5 tanks ._. Normally teams like this abuse spikes, but yours seems to center on supporting Machamp. One problem I see here is that it may be hard to bring Champ in w/out taking some damage. I suggest thinking about using a more durable sweeper, but it's your team anyway.

Also if you really want to take down Celebi, you could put Duggy over Jira/Forry, make sure you do a bit of damge to Cele when it switches in, POSSIBLY sacrifice your poke, then bring Duggy in for the ko.

EDIT: K, nightsever just explained the 177 spd thing

Did the +1 thing for Zapdos (muahahahaha, I r faster than all that follow smogondex!) Brought pert in, I'll do everyone's favorite sequence against Suicune I guess (tank with chansey, roar out when they sleep) Vap's always hilarious though, when their suicune simply gets frozen.

Oh, and is it just me, or does it seem like Serene Grace benefits the opponent too? I can't even count the number of times I've seen Jirachi get frozen by ice beam, even for other people.

imo pumps>surf on pert will make it so that you can cut back on the sp atk EVs, and place some in atk/sdef/spd (to outun other perts)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)