Capitol Thrill (Doubles, peaked #1)

Hello everyone!

Smogon Doubles is a relatively new tier that is a whole lot of fun. I have been playing it a whole lot in the past month. About three weeks ago, I made this team with the desire to abuse tailwind. Since then, I have played about 250 matches with this team, and it has been hugely successful. As of writing this, this team has brought me to the number one and two spots on the ladder. Here are some screenshots:

I named this team “Capitol Thrill” because the team’s names are loosely based on the U.S. government and military. Also, the team is a thrill to play! If you look carefully, you’ll notice that the more supportive members are named after positions while the more offensive members are named after weaponry. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the team!

Team at a glance:

Teambuilding process:
I decided from the get-go that I wanted to build a team based on tailwind. I moved into building this team from a bit of playtime with a different tailwind-centric team that wasn’t too successful but had a couple ideas I liked. That team looked like this:

I learned a couple of lessons from that team.
1. Victini and Genesect are absurdly good in tailwind
2. Durable tailwind users that can contribute later in the match are more useful that fast but frail users

So, to begin with, I included Victini and Genesect. Victini is The Nuclear Option because it hits like a nuclear bomb and Genesect is Predator because, like a Predator drone, he is capable of making precision hit-and-run attacks. Also, he’s a giant robot bug with a laser on his back.

Since I was using Victini, I knew I wanted some weather on the team so that Victini’s STAB wouldn’t be crippled against rain teams. I didn’t want to use hail again because my past 3 teams or so were all hail teams, and I don’t like sun, so that meant sand was the choice for me. Hippodown was too defensive for the direction I wanted the team to go in, so enter: Tyranitar. Tyranitar is El Presidente because he’s so… stately. Just look at him, he’s totally large and in charge.

Next, I had to decide what tailwind users I wanted. I knew that I wanted bulkier users of tailwind rather than stuff like Tornadus and Whimsicott. I liked Suicune on the previous team, but I was concerned that without access to reliable blizzard that its offensive presence would be a bit too low, so I decided against it on this team (Suicune is still a ‘mon I would totally recommend using though, try it out). I looked through a list of all pokemon that could learn tailwind to see what I liked. The first pokemon that stood out was Scizor, because it had solid bulk, a bunch of resistances, and only a single weakness which could be mitigated with a berry. It was still strong enough to threaten things on its own, and after setting up tailwind it could even u-turn out to bring in something a little stronger. Scizor is Chief Justice because he keeps justice on the playing field. And by justice I mean tailwind. Also, Chief Justice is a totally rad name. I wish my parents named me Chief Justice.

For my second tailwind user, I wanted something a little more support oriented. The decision was mainly between Latias and Togekiss, both of which I had used in the past with success. I decided to go with Latias, because its higher speed could let it set up tailwind a bit more reliably, it could hit harder with draco meteor (especially against enemy dragons, who could be a nuisance otherwise), and its typing gave it many more useful resistances, including ones to fire, water, fighting, and electric. Latias is the Chief of Staff because it’s her job to support everyone else. Also, she and the President make a great couple (but Latias isn’t the First Lady; it’s strictly a working relationship).

I wasn’t really sure what I wanted as the final member. I looked at my team’s weaknesses and resistances and decided that, if possible, I wanted additional resistances to water, rock, ground, and electric. The only typing that fit the bill was grass/fighting, so I decided on Breloom (Virizion seemed a bit weak), even though I was a bit skeptical about its bulk. Fortunately, Breloom turned out to be a fantastic fit. Breloom is an M16 because, like his namesake, he is versatile, reliable, and extremely deadly.

In-Depth:

Chief Justice (Scizor) @ Occa Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 136 HP / 152 Atk / 172 SDef / 48 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Tailwind
- Protect

Scizor’s #1 job is to set up tailwind. His EV spread is a bit weird, but it does a couple of important things. Here’s what it accomplishes:
-Outspeeds 4 speed Politoed (and by consequence, beats +speed base 111s in tailwind)
-Survives unboosted modest Volcarona’s heat wave 100% of the time
-Guarantees a 1HKO on Latios with u-turn after sand

So Scizor has a mix of power and bulk, with a bit of speed to beat key targets. Bullet punch is nice for use outside of tailwind, and generally helps pick off weakened things. U-turn hits things that are weak to it pretty hard, and is good for wearing down stuff that it hits for neutral. It’s a great choice for this Scizor because a lot of times after using tailwind I want to bring in something that hits harder than Scizor does, so U-turn lets me do that while keeping up the offensive pressure. It’s also good for cute tricks, like switching out Tyranitar then bringing him back in on the same turn to reset sand. Tailwind is Scizor’s reason for living. Protect is actually not as important here as it is on Breloom or Tyranitar, as Scizor is sturdy enough to survive most things, and if something is threatening Scizor I’m more likely to just want to switch it to something else because of its relative lack of offensive presence. That said, I do like protect here as it is very, very useful against fake out leads. If you wanted though, you could definitely run something else in that slot instead, like superpower, feint, or even light screen.

Scizor definitely gets the job done, but if there is any pokemon on the team I’d be willing to replace, Scizor is probably the one. Outside of setting tailwind, Scizor’s jobs are handled pretty well by other members of the team, as Genesect can u-turn about as well and Breloom has better priority. Replacing Scizor might help the team’s fire weakness a bit.

El Presidente (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 184 Atk / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Tyranitar is really versatile, and does a bit of everything on this team. His EV spread is a reflection of this. Here’s what it does:
-Outspeeds +1 max speed base 80s in tailwind (consequently, this puts him a few points ahead of uninvested Cresselia and Rotom-W)
-Always survives Hitmontop’s Close Combat after its gem is used
-The rest goes into attack to hit stuff harder

Not a lot of people expect fast Tyranitar, and it can really mess people up when it moves before their Politoed/Cresselia/Togekiss/etc and punches them in the face. The only downside is that I can’t usually lead with him against rain because Politoed will be slower and set up rain under my sand. Even without much investment, Tyranitar has plenty of bulk, especially when supported by Latias. Chople berry is an important part of this, because it lets Tyranitar survive random focus blasts and mach punches to keep doing its job.

Rock slide is my team’s only spread move. It’s great for killing off weakened things (including focus sash users) while chipping the other opponent and for threatening enemy flying types like Skymin or Thundurus. Crunch is great for killing psychic and ghost types like Cresselia, Jellicent, Latios, and Chandelure, and is also good for just getting some damage on things that don’t resist it like Politoed or Gastrodon. Stone edge is important for killing sturdier things that are weak to it like Kyurem-B, Zapdos, and Togekiss, along with hurting things that resist crunch like Heatran (!). Protect is great here for dodging close combats and earthquakes, and also for keeping safe for a turn while my other pokemon sets up tailwind.

Tyranitar is most useful against enemy weather. Sandstorm is not particularly useful for my team, although its ability to break sashes and wear down the opponent is helpful. Sand is more useful as a way to disrupt enemy weather teams. Sun and hail both get crushed pretty badly by Tyranitar, and against rain, my team really appreciates the relief from swift swimmers and boosted water moves that sand provides, and keeping rain off the field is an important part of winning against rain teams.

Predator (Genesect) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Genesect is a killing machine. Once tailwind is up, it’s lightning fast, and can make precision strikes against things that are vulnerable to it, and then make a quick exit with u-turn should the going get rough. Genesect’s EV spread focuses on letting it do maximum damage with its special attacks. Max speed and hasty are important for outrunning the likes of Haxorus and Hydreigon outside of tailwind, and jolly Excadrill inside of it. Expert belt is great for bluffing a choice item, and is able to power up Genesect’s moves most of the time because of its exceptional coverage. U-turn lets me get a free switch to another pokemon, and does heavy damage to enemy psychic and dark types. Flamethrower roasts steel types like Metagross. Giga drain hurts most water types, including Gastrodon, and is also useful for dealing with Terrakion and Mamoswine. Ice beam kills all sorts of things like dragons, genies, Gliscor, and so on. Defensively, its typing lets it come in safely against a lot of different attacks, and its bulk is good enough to let it survive most neutral hits. Also fuck you Genesect for not having dream world art; you're ruining my rmt

The Nuclear Option (Victini) @ Choice Band
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Brick Break

This little guy hits like a monster truck full of dinosaurs. Here are some calcs that show Victini’s power against some of the toughest pokemon in the tier:
252 Atk Choice Band Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Politoed: 450-530 (117.18 - 138.02%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gastrodon: 251-296 (58.92 - 69.48%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hitmontop: 255-301 (83.88 - 99.01%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 234-276 (52.7 - 62.16%) -- 99.61% chance to 2HKO

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 268-316 (81.95 - 96.63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 189-223 (49.47 - 58.37%) -- 98.83% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 382-451 (100.26 - 118.37%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 173-204 (71.48 - 84.29%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jellicent: 474-558 (117.32 - 138.11%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 420-495 (109.66 - 129.24%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 400-472 (102.3 - 120.71%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 232-274 (57.42 - 67.82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 192 HP / 64 Def Reuniclus: 429-505 (104.88 - 123.47%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 154-183 (54.22 - 64.43%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 382-451 (102.13 - 120.58%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Victini Brick Break vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 194-230 (50.38 - 59.74%) -- 81.64% chance to 2HKO

Tailwind removes Victini’s biggest weakness: the speed drop from v-create. Under tailwind, Victini can often use v-create multiple times in a row, which can bring an end to most teams very quickly. When Tailwind is up, -1 Victini has 436 speed, which is enough to beat +1 positive base 80s and +1 neutral base 95s. The moveset is pretty obvious: v-create kills things, bolt strike kills water types, u-turn lets me switch, and brick break hurts Heatran.

Victini doesn’t have the best defensive typing, but it actually has decent defensive synergy with the rest of the team. It can come in safely on fighting and fire moves that threaten the likes of Genesect, Tyranitar, and Breloom, and with base 100 defenses across the board it can take a beating. It has enough bulk to survive stuff like Hitmontop’s sucker punch pretty comfortably and stick around to murder more dudes. Even at -1 it can eat most neutral hits pretty well.

Chief of Staff (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Heal Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Helping Hand

Latias is the glue that holds this team together, no doubt. She has fantastic defensive typing, with resistances to fire, water, fighting, and electric, along with an immunity to ground. Her bulk and typing make her a great asset against rain and sun teams. Max speed gives Latias the best chance of setting up tailwind, and max HP gives her bulk so she can stick around for as long as possible. Tailwind is the key move of the set and the main reason I’m using Latias over the likes of Cresselia. Draco meteor gives Latias some offense, and is especially useful against enemy dragons, all of whom are 1HKO’d 100% of the time even with minimal investment, with the exceptions of Kyurem-B and opposing Latias, who take heavy damage. Draco meteor is also useful for wearing down frailer opponents such as Toxicroak, Gengar, and Infernape, and for finishing off weakened pokemon (including focus sash users). Helping hand is mostly useful for boosting Tyranitar’s rock slide against flying types or stone edge against Heatran, and can also be useful for powering up Breloom’s mach punch, Genesect’s giga drain or u-turn, and Victini’s v-create. However, many times Latias’s partner is strong enough to 1HKO the opponent without support, or draco meteor will add more damage than a helping hand boost would, so it isn’t always useful. Heal pulse is great for keeping my other pokemon alive in a tight situation, and Tyranitar in particular appreciates the support.

M16 (Breloom) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Protect

Breloom is an extremely dangerous pokemon, and he adds a lot of power and utility to the team. Tailwind is extremely beneficial for Breloom, and he appreciates its support perhaps even more than Victini does. Max attack and speed ensures that Breloom hits as hard as possible. The speed lets Breloom outspeed +1 positive base 95s in tailwind. Mach punch is useful outside of tailwind, especially against stuff like Excadrill, Terrakion, Heatran, and Stoutland, and is strong enough to 2HKO just about everything that is weak to it. It’s also useful for beating out enemy priority like sucker punch. Bullet seed is the set’s primary attack, and does heavy damage to most things that don’t resist it (and even against frailer things that do), and generally 1HKOs anything weak to grass provided it hits more than twice (and in many cases that isn’t even necessary). Spore is great for incapacitating problem pokemon and/or whatever neither Breloom or its partner can 1HKO, and when tailwind is up I can basically spore whatever I want. Protect is pretty much mandatory for keeping Breloom from dying to stray hits and keeping it safe while its partner sets up tailwind. While frail, Breloom’s resistances to water, electric, and ground let it come in relatively safely against attacks that might threaten Breloom’s teammates.

Breloom is a huge threat to enemy rain and trick room teams. Most rain teams disintegrate in the face of fast bullet seed, and Breloom can actually survive surfs and thunderbolts while punching through their team. Against trick room teams, Breloom can act without concern for its middling speed, as it’s enough to outspeed anything most trick room teams will carry. Breloom is free to incapacitate their trick room user with spore, and can kill many common pokemon that appear such as Jellicent, Gastrodon, Tyranitar, Rhyperior, and Marowak.

Useful Pairs:

Bulky Motherfuckers:

Of my team, Tyranitar definitely appreciates Latias’s support more than any other pokemon. This is usually my go-to pair against strong special attackers, because both Latias and Tyranitar are well endowed in the special defense department. Latias can set up tailwind, and proceed to boost Tyranitar’s rock slide to lethal levels, pick off weakened pokemon, and heal Tyranitar when he gets hurt. This is a position I often end up in around turn 5 or 6 after my first tailwind wears off and I want to set it up again for another push to end the game.

Death to Weather:
OR

My usual leads against rain and sun, respectively. Latias resists both weathers and can safely set up tailwind. Against rain, Breloom usually protects on turn 1, then starts unleashing the pain on turn two. Against sun, Victini nukes just about everything in one hit except for Chandelure/Heatran, so I spam V-create until one of them comes in, then usually switch Victini into Tyranitar to wall whatever it is while turning off the sun.

Anti-Trick Room:

This is my best shot at keeping trick room off the field turn 1. Usually I will spore the trick room user with Breloom while nuking the other ‘mon with Victini, although if their trick room user is something like Jellicent I’ll usually go straight for the kill with bullet seed. This pair even successfully beats the popular Amoongus + Jellicent, as Victini can 1HKO Amoongus no sweat while Breloom takes down Jellicent. The opponent can set up trick room successfully if they have a fake out user like Scrafty, but in that circumstance I will usually try for the spore on the setter while nuking their fake out user for massive damage with Victini.

Fuck Fake Out:

This is the pair I usually go for when I feel like my opponent is going to lead with Hitmontop + something else. I usually hope to double protect first turn then set up tailwind while sporing Hitmontop turn 2. This also works with other fake out users like Weavile or Ambipom.

Threatlist:

These guys combine two things this team doesn’t like, fake out and intimidate, with decent bulk, an annoying defensive typing, and the ability to threaten my team with powerful stab moves. Fake out slows my momentum down, eats up turns of tailwind, and since I don’t run a lot of protect it can leave my pokemon vulnerable to counterattacks from the enemy. Intimidate is annoying because most of my team is physical, so it turns a lot of 1HKOs into 2HKOs, which can leave my faster ‘mons open to getting killed from the retaliation of enemy pokemon that would normally be killed in one hit. It can also eat up turns of tailwind by forcing me to switch out my weakened ‘mons. Hitmontop’s typing lets it wall Scizor, Tyranitar, Genesect, while threatening weakened Victini and Latias with sucker punch while 1HKOing half my team with fighting gem close combat. Scrafty’s defensive typing is not quite as good, because it is weak to fighting and neutral to bug, and it is not as powerful, but it can hang around for longer with its superior bulk and drain punch, and is a bigger threat to Latias and Victini with crunch.

Heatran is the best pokemon at exploiting my team’s fire weakness. Just by spamming heat wave it can keep half my team off the battlefield, and with flash fire it can absorb Victini’s v-creates and force it out, too. On top of that, Scizor, Genesect, and Latias all can’t touch it. My usual answer is to go to Latias + Tyranitar to 2HKO it with stone edge, but if the opponent has something like Terrakion or Hitmontop I can be stuck in a pretty dangerous situation. Under the right circumstances though, I can 1HKO Heatran with Helping Hand boosted mach punch, or if I’m desperate I can 2HKO with Victini’s brick break.

Replays
Here are some replays of the team in action, in case you are interested:

Final Thoughts

This is without a doubt both my favorite team and the most successful team I’ve made for any tier in any generation. I’ve had a total blast facing all sorts of creative teams and players on the ladder with this team, and doubles is almost certainly my favorite format ever. I’m so excited to be able to share my success with some of the players I’ve faced. Thanks to everyone who plays doubles and makes the tier so great. Rate, hate, steal, and Luvdisc, guys.

Importable:

Chief Justice (Scizor) @ Occa Berry
EVs: 136 HP / 152 Atk / 172 SDef / 48 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Tailwind
- Protect

El Presidente (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 184 Atk / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Predator (Genesect) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

The Nuclear Option (Victini) @ Choice Band
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Brick Break

Chief of Staff (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Heal Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Helping Hand

M16 (Breloom) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Protect

I am so glad to finally see this RMT. This team is ridiculously good, and beats so many cores without having to stretch itself too thin. It even trumps DeoA teams easily due to Sand Damage and Tailwind allowing the members to outwit and outspeed most other teams.

If I could change anything on this team, it would be nothing. You don't top the ladder twice with the same team without it being near perfect.

Edit: I would like to note how closely I came to beating this team. Looking back at that replay, I should have focused more on Vicinti when I had the chance, and should not have used Rest on Cress when I did, as I could have won it right there if she hadn't been asleep. Oh well though. Hindsight and all that nonsense.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's indeed a very interesting team, I can see the weaknesses you mention, but it isn't really easy to exploit them, as Breloom keeps Heatran in check. I would add in Hitmontop, but I'm not sure how, lol.

It's indeed a very interesting team, I can see the weaknesses you mention, but it isn't really easy to exploit them, as Breloom keeps Heatran in check. I would add in Hitmontop, but I'm not sure how, lol.
It could be Top > Breloom.

You could also run Sableye for Fake Out/Taunt in one slot that is immune to Fake Out with Prankster.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thank you for enjoying and mastering Doubles, cstick! This was an awesome read - I have a newfound respect for Victini! It's also nice to see Genesect in action, too!

However, you have Victini & Genesect, two mons walled by Heatran, and then you add 2 more mons that cannot touch Heatran and 1 more that's weak to it x_x;; Heatran (and Chandelure) are major players of Doubles so being cock-blocked by them isn't a good idea.

We had a nice chat about your team on #doubles, and you have swapped Suicune over Scizor, and you're also trying out Low Kick over Stone Edge on Ttar. However, that's still not enough imo. You may want to consider replacing Genesect for Sheer Force Landorus-I or give Genesect HP Ground. Alternatively, you may even want to consider replacing Latias for Salamence (with Hydro Pump / EQ) or Latios (with HP Ground) as your Tailwind users. Just try to reduce the number of mons walled by Heatran to 2 max imo.

I know this is stupid but
I WANT TO CHALLENGE YOU!!!

ill probably lose,but...

my showdown username is char11.

il search for you when i play showdown.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey cstick, nice double ladder peak you've got there ;)

This is obviously an amazing team, so I'm just going to give you a few suggestions. Feel free to accept or reject them as you like. I'm going to build off of Pocket's rate a bit.

We had a nice chat about your team on #doubles, and you have swapped Suicune over Scizor, and you're also trying out Low Kick over Stone Edge on Ttar. These are pretty good suggestions, although I suggest Superpower over Low Kick to better deal with Scrafty and other lightweight Pokemon. However, that's still not enough imo. You may want to consider replacing Genesect for Sheer Force Landorus-I or give Genesect HP Ground. Alternatively, you may even want to consider replacing Latias for Salamence (with Hydro Pump / EQ) or Latios (with HP Ground) as your Tailwind users. Just try to reduce the number of mons walled by Heatran to 2 max imo.
I'm inclined to disagree. Genesect's Steel-typing is quite valuable on this team, especially when you consider the fact that it only has one weakness (Fire) as opposed to Landorus's weaknesses to Ice and Water (both of which have priority moves!). I'm honestly not sure how to fix the Heatran weakness any more, although HP Ground is a workable suggestion (if rather specialized). Before I continue though, there's a big hole I fear you haven't seen:

Yes. Genesect, the very monster you run on your own team. Genesect's amazing coverage means that it can hop in and out of battle, taking mere chip damage if it avoids Victini, and severely cripple or even KO your Tailwind setters. A set with Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and U-Turn can actually hit every single Pokemon on your team (except Victini) for super effective damage, and Latias can't reliably set Tailwind even as a sacrifice to Genesect if your opponent pairs it with a Fake Out user. While I can't really give you changes to beat Genesect (any particular changes would prove detrimental if the opponent doesn't carry Genesect), I can give you a piece of advice - play very cautiously with Victini when your opponent carries a Genesect. Victini can blast it with V-Create before it gets a chance to move. If you're still nervous about it, you can try using Earthquake over Stone Edge on Tyranitar, as this will remove Heatran so you can take out Genesect with V-Create.

I want to stress that this is an amazing team that has very few problems. I know I sounded pretty gloomy talking about Genesect up there, but that doesn't make this a bad team (tbh if I didn't use Genesect myself, I would never have seen that weakness). Good luck in your future endeavors with this team! (and hit me up on PS sometime so we can battle :P)

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just wanted to say great team and congrats on the peak! You've definitely earned a Luvdisc from me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)