BW OU GGolbat! - Smogon Tour 15 Victory Team

Ojama

Banned deucer.
The Dawn of Golbat

Introduction

Hello Smogon and welcome to my 3rd RMT on this forum! It's been a while I haven't posted here but seeing how successful Dr Ciel's Team known as The Dawn of Kyurem has been, I felt the need to post my Dawn of Golbat Team. Most of you know me, but if you don't, allow me to introduce myself. I joined Smogon in 2010 and quickly established myself as a decent wifier and a very tough battler. I have a fetish for making teams, as most of them are good, but I'm not really into posting them on this forum, but this team however, has been one of the most successful that I have ever made in my battling career. The birth of this team was in March 2013. Me and my Golbat, Gerald decided to make an offensive team based around the deadly Double Dance Landorus-Therian, one of the most effective sets in todays OU metagame. The goal of this team is to remove all of Landorus-Therian's counters, keep rocks off the field and then proceed to start a deadly sweep with the Double Dance Landorus-Therian. I really like the idea of Weatherless Offense, the reasons being is that is one of the most underrated playstyle in todays metagame, with all the Rain, Sand, Sun and even Hail teams running around, Weatherless doesn't get too much love, and I decided to make this RMT with the intent of showing people the power of Double Dance Landorus-Therian. We chose to go with the Hyper Offensive Playstyle, because I like being aggressive with most of my teams and finish them off quickly (Mainly in twenty turns or less). Alright, enough of this talk, get your cup of green tea and let's get to the team!

For everyone who didn't get the joke this introduction is a troll to Dr Ciel. I'll be quick about the serious part of the introduction. I've been using that Team for now 6 months and this is probably one of the coolest Teams I've ever used. I used it for Smogon Tour, Frontier and World Cup and did pretty well. I have the best Frontier Record (75% in 91 matches), made Finals every BW week and won my WCop game with it. That being said, I just want to say before showing you the Team that this might not be the most original Team you've ever seen but trust me it was when I was one of the few guys that were using Weatherless Teams. I don't want it to be seen as a Standard Team which is why I'm posting it now, though I certainly could have posted it earlier but I was too lazy. Anyway here's the Team

Team at a Glance

CHOMPER (Garchomp) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Garchomp is amazing because it both helps Landorus-T sweep and sets up Stealth Rock. I rarely don't lead with Chomper just because there's almost nothing that can prevent me from setting up Rock. I also like leading with Chomper because I can be immediately threatening with Swords Dance + Focus Sash and so force my opponent to bring something like Ferrothorn, Landorus-T & stuff that can prevent Landorus-Therian from sweeping. I 2HKO them all with at +2 which is why I'm running Adamant and not Jolly4pussy. I really don't get the point to run Jolly on LeadChomper. What do you outrun with Jolly? Absolutely nothing, you just get a useless Speed Tie against another Garchomp, a Speed Tie that I'd lose for sure anyway. The Spread allows me to be faster than Mamoswine, Gyarados, Dragonite and that's everything you need. In addition you're stronger and bulkier, why would you run Jolly seriously. Also, I don't run Fire Blast because it's not worthy in my opinion. CustapSkarm is 2HKO'd by Outrage at +2 (I'll talk about Lead Matchups later) and Specially Defensive Skarmory handles it pretty easily. I'd rather hit Hippowdon, Landorus-T and Ferrothorn harder than Skarmory that I can beat if Landorus-T is my last Pokemon.

tab (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Dark]

SpecsKeldeo is exactly what I needed for my Team because as you guys know it, beating a Rain Stall/Balanced with a Weatherless is kinda hard. SpecsKeldeo is just monstrous in Rain as it can 2HKO Ferrothorn and Tentacruel which is the boring core to beat in Rain. Even if I hate 252/252 Spreads especially with a +Speed Nature, I had no choice this time. Keldeo's Speed is extremely important for my Team as it can Revenge Kill many annoying stuff and it's strong enough to 2HKO everything in Jolly anyway. HP Dark to hit Jellicent, Celebi & Stuff, no Icy Wind because I need some accuracy with my STAB and HPump from the Specs hits everything hard anyway.

NANAR (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch

CBDragonite is in my opinion a must have for almost all Weatherless Teams just because it both checks Rain and Sun pretty well. In addition of that, CBDragonite attracts Landorus-T's counters and puts them in the KO Range or gets rid off them. ExtremSpeed is also very needed for the Team as I don't have another priority Move and I needed one because any Offensive Team need one in my opinion, that's just too important in BW2. I don't remember why I made that Spread but as I said it I hate 252/252 Spreads so I made one cooler.

Jirachee (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

As I was using a Weatherless Team which means no Tyranitar, I needed an answer to Lati@s and also other Dragons. Jirachi is fantastic for this job and I really love it in Offensive Teams anyway. It checks Alakazam, Gengar, Lati@s, Dragons & stuff. On top of that, it learns Healing Wish, my new favorite Move. That Move is so useful for my Team because I have no Spinner and Landorus-T is also useful on the defensive side which means it gets damaged during the game and so wouldn't be able to set up without this Move. Dragonite@Multiscale, Keldeo, SashChomper like receiving the Healing Wish also. Oh and, why not haxxing your opponent to death when everything is almost over. When there's a Jirachi, there's a way.

Nachos (Latios) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SAtk / 244 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf

Ok originally Latias is over Latios but I've been using that Set recently and it sticks better to the Team in my opinion. EBelt Latios is just fantastic and lures so many stuff like this dumb Scizor that can Revenge Kill Landorus-T or Ferrothorn. It is also my 3rd Rain resistance and my second 3rd check to Sun Teams. It is also my real answer to Keldeo, which was the reason I was using Latias because I was afraid of it. Anyway, Latias is obviously playable over Latios but with a bulky Nature (200 HP / 70 SAtk / 240 Speed) so you are fine against Sun and Rain Teams (TWave Set is also playable). Anyway, Latios is stronger and that's why I like it more.

GGolbat (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 92 Def / 116 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

The Star of the show, GGolbat! This Landorus-'T Set is absolutely fantastic, it's fucking scary especially with such a Bulky Spread. Believe me or not, that's in my opinion the best Spread for this Set because you can use Landorus-T's Bulk better than the usual Spread. You can set up against almost everything you want with that Spread + Intimidate. I made it with Remedy and Meridian and I'll never use another Spread for that Set. Only problem is that you don't outrun Jolly ScarfKeldeo but I really don't give a shit about that. You're never 2HKO'd by CBTerrakion and you still 2HKO Ferrothorn, Hippowdon etc at +2. That Spread also helps the Team a lot because Landorus-T is the punching ball of the Team and that's why I need such a Bulky Spread and have to use the more I can of its bulk while being still powerful.

Other Options

Funkasaurus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 112 HP / 160 SAtk / 238 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

ScarfHeatran over Garchomp is playable if you think that the Team is walled by Skarmory, you have a better Sun counter but you're more weak to Rain Teams and also have to rely on a ScarfMon to set up SR. Though, this Heatran is extremely good because it gives you another answer to stuff like Nite, Scizor, Skarmory, Ferrothorn etc. I made that Spread before Tour starts and I'm really glad of it, you outrun Alakazam and that's all you need, the rest doesn't matter and you're even stronger.

Dr Ciel @ Life Orb
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Rapid Spin

Starmie is playable over Keldeo (especially if Keldeo gets banned which I doubt) if you really want a Spinner and something faster. Starmie helps Latios because HPump OHKOs ScarfTyranitar on the switch which is a good thing. You have a nice answer to Rain Teams and Jellicent that is a bit annoying. Healing Wish also works better with Starmie because of Rapid Spin (Multiscale and Focus Sash aren't broken by Stealth Rock or Spikes).

Conclusion

Thanks everyone for reading until the end of this GGolbat! RMT, I really hope you guys will like it because I really do. I will make a longer conclusion and will post the Threat List later so you guys can see what the Team is weak to. It shouldn't be too long anyway, because Golbat is the best.

Golbat.

Threat List

Later.

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I see an obvious flaw.

Change HP Dark for HP Ghost to hit Toxicroak harder.
Ungh....

That's all.
I hope I helped.

EDIT : Go10 sucks.

peng

hivemind leader
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
you should probably use hp ghost over dark unless you really really want to hit girafarig super effectively

cute team, v good nicknames

Ok so it seems like no one gave an actual rate which is pretty damn hilarious. But seriously this team honestly struggles against Skarmory, which is really weird considering you want a Lando-T sweep, and Skarmory is one of the sturdiest counters around. You can definetely use your scarf tran to better deal with that, or as Morpheus said as a complete joke, Rotom-W over Keldeo. But seriously ths is a great team. Hope I helped!

Edit: Or try Fire Blast on chomp, obviously nature change as well.

Last edited:

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bit of a nitpick but why not run 244 Spe IVs on Latios to guarantee outspeeding positive nature 108s like Timid Keldeo. With the 30 Spe IVs necessary for HP Fire, you're only speed tying them.

Love this team xoxo

Bit of a nitpick but why not run 244 Spe IVs on Latios to guarantee outspeeding positive nature 108s like Timid Keldeo. With the 30 Spe IVs necessary for HP Fire, you're only speed tying them.

Love this team xoxo
Echoing this.

Anyway, awesome team. I would suggest changing HP Dark to HP Ghost, but that's mainly a personal preference.

Intro of the year as well imo.

How would you deal with Mamoswine? It seams like a pretty big threat, since 4 members are weak to ice and Jirachi is destroyed by EQ. Keldeo doesn't appreciate EQ's either. Mamo also has priority ice shard.

Ahhh, the great Ojama. Nice offensive team you have there. The biggest threat on this team is the Specs Keldeo in my opinion. I really do hope Keldeo is banned next Suspect Round. I agree that the pressure brought by Dnite and Garchomp may pave the way for a late game Lando Sweep, but i just dont see a dedicated Stall user losing to this team. Most Stall users usally carry at least 2, and sometimes 3 bulky mons that can comfortably deal with the likes of Lando T and Dnite. Any combination of Slowbro, Bronzong, Skarm, Lando-T, Gliscor, and Quagsire would have no problem wearing down the physical threats on this team. I think Lando T would function much better on a SkarmGar team where you could wear down your opponents walls with entry hazards. Also, I think a mixed Dnite or mixed Hydreigon would be a much better wallbreaker than BandNite. Oh and yes, Ogasian has a point. Mamoswine would have a field day.

Gonna recommend you at least hit 254 speed on Dragonite to outspeed modest Heatran if anything. 9 HP probably won't be missed.

Also you might as well move 8 HP Evs from Jirachi to speed so you can outspeed Adamant Scarf Kyu-B or Modest Scarfed Kyurem. 251 HP is a better SR (or 3 layer spikes) number, and you also take 1 less from Hail (lol) damage anywho.

Minor stuff, but eh...

Other than that, the team is amazing.

it seems you have a glaring weakness to HO Rain, as 5 members alone cannot stand against LO Starmie, which can hit everything bar Jirachi for SE damage. If it can avoid you Espeed from Dragonite and Uturns for Rachi, it can essentially demolish the team with a little switching in and out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)