Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Iron Dungeon
Difficulty:
Legendary
Prerequisites: None
Arena: This heavily industrialized area enhances Park Balls.

RP Path:
RP 1 --> Guardians --> RP 2 --> RP 3 --> Boss

Timeless Tower is an unfathomably large structure seated on an impregnable cliff-side. The tower's main spire looms over its entrance hundreds of feet into the air. Bridges extend from the main tower to three separate spires, each on an island pillar of immense density. The ocean roars violently below, beckoning you to stay away.

The bridge to the east leads to a tower frozen over in a massive pillar of ice. The sunlight glistens against its reflective surface, yet no melt can be shown. You look cold just staring at it.

The bridge to the west leads to a craggy pillar that seems to be etched from the very earth itself, impossibly dense and immovable.

A third tower can be seen behind the structure on your map, but it is eclipsed by the sheer enormity of the main spire. It is made of the sturdiest looking metal you have ever seen, an unnaturally purely refined solidity that shares the brilliant sheen of the icy tower and the sheer density of the crag.

As you go up to the entrance, the drawbridge on the main gate opens and falls with a loud crash onto the only access to the mainland. On either side of the bridge are statues of Golurk holding up massive spears. As you enter the main atrium, a massive statue of Golem rolled up into a ball takes the center of the arena. You look around the room and see exits your east and west going to the towers, stairs built into the floor going down presumably to the tower behind the main spire and a massive door with three slots in the gate. Depictions of the gate are on the left and right and show three stones being placed in the gate. Both mosaics are completely sand-colored except for the stones. One is an azure blue, one is a dull brown, and the other a shimmering silver. You attempt to push the gate, but it is so massively heavy you feel tired just pushing on it. It will not budge.

Recently, there have been reports of a large earthquake that shook the area. Ever since, the Pokemon in the area have become quite hostile, and most report the layouts of the dungeons having changed. You can even see that the towers seem somewhat shorter, though no less ominous.

What could this all mean? And where do you go from here?

Player Options:
a) Enter Ice Spire.
b) Enter Rock Crag.
c) Enter Iron Dungeon.
d) Enter Heaven's Ascent.
e) Leave Timeless Tower.

From the entrance, you climb an extravagant spiral staircase until you see a somewhat battered oak door, with 5 White chess Pawns adorning the top of it. Preparing yourself, you head on in. Five Magnemite simply float there, unmoving, merely staring you down with a malicious look. As if on cue, a voice echoes through the room.

"Ah, another challenger wants to play? Very well, let the games begin! I'll give you the honor of playing the black pieces."

The Magnemite don't outright attack you, but you doubt the door onwards will open without fighting them, so you send your Pokemon after them.

[REF NOTE] Initiate 5v3 Horde Battle vs Magnemite.

[After the Magnemite order] "Hmhmhm. Your move!"

You head up another spiral staircase...is this guy obsessed with them or something? No matter, after some time and a short rest, you reach the top of the staircase, and come face to face with another door, this time with a White chess Knight and White chess Rook adorned atop it. Expecting the inevitable, you head on inside, and sure enough, there are two mean looking Pokemon standing there waiting for you! Upon your approach they take up battle positions!

"It's such a shame to lose material, but all good gambits take a positional win, and we're now ready to strike! Now let's see how your weakened Pokemon do against my champion pieces!"

[REF NOTE] Initiate Guardian Fight with Escavalier and Empoleon

After the "Knight" and "Rook" are defeated, the door ahead opens fully, allowing you to press on. you head up a spiral staircase for quite some time, before you finally reach another door. This one has the image of a White chess Bishop atop it. Figuring that you're going to fight another of the mysterious voice's "pieces", you head on inside. Sure enough, the voice booms again.

"I wouldn't get cocky if I were in your position! As my pieces leave the field, they open up new lines. Like so!"

Suddenly, another door opens, and mist comes out of it! When it clears, you notice that <Pokemon of Ref's Choice> has gone missing! You search frantically around, while behind a hidden door a Mawile promptly eats an appetizer before turning to your Pokemon!

[REF NOTE] Initiate Trap with Mawile against Pokemon of Ref's Choice. Mawile has used Misty Terrain and Stockpile (-17 Energy).

As you expected, the door up opens, granting passage to another staircase that presumably exists merely to ensure your dizziness. Unexpectedly, the voice booms again long before you're finished climbing. This time he sounds quite angry.

"Won't you give up already? You know that your quest is in vain, I have known it since you entered this place! Do you have the gall to keep climbing up, knowing that it will lead to your inevitable death?"

You choose to ignore the voice, and head on upwards still. You hear the voice again, barely containing it's rage.

"You think you're so smart because you have won every battle so far. Can't you tell when you've lost? I've already planned ten steps ahead, and I know that I will achieve checkmate before too long. Your cause is doomed, I will ensure that."

The voice pauses, then continues in a surprisingly mellow tone.

"Very well, I shall permit you to see me. But first, why don't I ask you a question. Which do you prefer, death by mace, or death by blade? Purely a symbolic choice mind, I'll be sure to only beat you to within an inch of your life."

Suddenly, you hear a clang ahead. You hurry ahead, only to find the last door, an ornate door with a White chess King and White chess Queen piece engraved atop it, barred by iron bars. It looks like you have no choice but to answer his question.

Player Options:
a) Death By Blade
b) Death By Mace
c) Neither

IF A) Death By Blade

"Noted, I'll have a special surprise waiting for you then!

You hear something metallic clattering behind the door, before the iron bars recede! It looks like you have one last chance to prepare before fighting the chess master that has put you through so much grief.

[REF NOTE] Fight vs Registeel will have Spikes (1 Layer) on player side of the field.​

IF B) Death By Mace

You hear something rocky clattering behind the door, before the iron bars recede! It looks like you have one last chance to prepare before fighting the chess master that has put you through so much grief.

[REF NOTE] Fight vs Registeel will have Stealth Rock on player side of the field.​

IF C) Neither

The voice comes again, clearly not pleased at the response.

"Wha...Do you mock me fool? Do you not know who the better player is, the one who controls the field? To the dungeon with you!"

Suddenly, a trap door opens below you, sending you into the depths of the dungeon. All the while, you can hear clanging where the door was, metallic and rocky. Still, you don't have much time to contemplate what that means before you land, hard, on a metal plate. Good thing your Pokemon softened the blow...somewhat.
[REF NOTE] Fight vs Registeel will have Stealth Rock and Spikes (1 Layer) on player side of the field. Advance to Fiancetto​

The regal doors slowly open, and you see quite the sight. It's a metal hallway, roughly like the one as you came in, but far more royal looking overall. There is a red carpet flowing towards a throne that holds a gemstone, as well as two statues, one of an Iron Golem, and the other of a Sword and Shield, on either side of it. That said, it doesn't look completely clean, as you see some shrapnel behind the throne, stuff that seems like it came from a junkyard.

After looking around for a fight, you decide the coast is clear for now and grab the Steel Pearl.

However, as soon as you do so, the voice booms out again.

"Ah, you're finally here. Welcome to my humble abode. My apologies for the mess, I still haven't cleaned it up since the earthquake."

Suddenly, the two statues come to life, regain their normal coloring, and move towards each other. One of them is an Aegislash, while the other is a Registeel! As if that wasn't enough, the Registeel takes a hold of the Aegislash, holding it as he would a weapon. How he convinced an Aegislash to do that is beyond you, but the voice booms again. Curiously, you cannot tell whether the voice is coming from the Registeel or from somewhere else in the dungeon.

"You've done well to make it this far, but this is where, I'm sorry to say, your winning streak ends! Now then, let's begin the finale in earnest!"

The two move in to attack!

[REF NOTE] Initiate Boss Fight with Registeel and Aegislash

You take a look at your surroundings, and have a mild panic attack when nothing seems to happen, and when you notice no way out. After you finish preparing though, the voice chimes in again!

"Let's see how you do against my other bishop, fool!

Out of a hidden passage comes a Bisharp, who does a quick blade dance. It looks like it's using Swords Dance, until suddenly blades start coming out of the ground! It looks like you'll only have enough concentration to order one Pokemon against Bisharp without being skewered by the blades coming out and going into the ground.

[REF NOTE] Initiate Rare Encounter with Bisharp. IF Player wins without losing any Pokemon, then player gains 1 Max Ether. After battle, advance to Checkmate

[If Condition is met] "A splendid match...I suppose I can forgive you for your earlier impertinence." the voice booms again. The center of the room where you fell lights up, and a Pawniard comes in. Before you can attack it, it raises it's arms as if in surrender, and hands you a Max Ether without a word. Delighted, you head towards the center, and you are lifted up back to the regal looking door.

[If Condition is not met] "A splendid match...I suppose I can forgive you for your earlier impertinence." the voice booms again. The center of the room suddenly lights up, and you get the feeling that this is your way out. Delighted, you head towards the center, and you are lifted up back to the regal looking door.

Knight's Castle:
The chessboard pattern appears here as well, but this time it's overshadowed by a replica castle standing on the other side of the room. This time the room is much bigger, 108x108 feet to make room for the castle. The castle's an impressive structure, seemingly made out of stone but a tap would reveal it to be a painted metal of some kind. It even comes with a moat, drawbridge, and everything you expect in a castle. For the most part the Guardians take turns charging out of and retreating into the castle via the drawbridge, but they're slow enough and stand on the walls, so hitting them isn't a problem. What is are the secret passages that allow them to get to each others side in an instant.

Effects:
Constant Rain Dance
Rain Dance can only be negated by Weather Stones, and such weather lasts only half the usual time.
Bodyblock has +1 Priority when used by the Guardians.

Iron Throne:
This regal area looks more like a castle than a chessboard. It seems the master of this place is done playing games! The arena is a wide hallway covered with red carpet followed by a circular room containing the throne and the shrapnel behind it. One odd thing you notice is the marks in the walls, as though the Registeel was practicing his swordplay. There's a magnetic field surrounding the entire arena that is flinging shrapnel at you, and keeping your team on the ground. That said, the shrapnel itself seems to be a lot smaller than you heard about, possibly a result of the earthquake.

Effects:
King's Guard: Whenever Aegislash is in Blade form, Registeel gains +1 Attack and Special Attack Ranks, and in Shield form it grants Registeel +1 Defense and Special Defense Ranks. Additionally, when Aegislash uses King's Shield, it affects Registeel as well.
Constant Shrapnel Weather. Shrapnel weather does 2 DPA to every non-Steel type, and adjusts for type. Types resistant to Steel will take 1 DPA, types weak to Steel will take 3 DPA. Sandstorm or Hail can be added to Shrapnel, but will not override it.
All of the junk behind the throne makes Steel-types more focused, increasing their accuracy by 10 (flat).
Strong magnetic field disables Magnet Pull abilities and prevents Pokemon other than Registeel from using Magnet Rise.
Item cannot be removed from boss, however it can be Embargoed or Magic Roomed.

Last Line:
Aside from the floor being a giant 64x64 foot chessboard, the primary problems in this arena are your magnetic opponents.

Effects:
No Special Effects

Zigzag Approach:
While the outside of this arena contains the same chessboard layout the previous arena did, the Mawile took your Pokemon to a narrow corridor off to the side, which leads to a lair filled with food for Mawile.

Effects:
No Special Effects

Fianchetto Prison:
This area is unlike the rest of the dungeon, seeming to be a pure steel arena filled with slots for large blades to come out of. Once they hit their peak they retract. Unfortunately for you they seem to be coming out in a rather haphazard fashion. As you might expect, this place seems to give swords an extra sharp edge.

Effects:
At the end of every round, a blade comes out of the ground and strikes the Pokemon, dealing a flat 5 damage.
Swords Dance grants an additional +1 to Attack stat and has +1 Priority.

Guardians: Empoleon, Escavalier
Boss: Registeel, Aegislash

Trap Pokemon: Mawile
Horde Pokemon: Magnemite
Rare Encounter: Bisharp

Horde Pokemon have their max HP set to half. Horde pokemon deal 50% Damage from their attacks.
MC Allocation is given in the MC slot of a pokemon, make sure you spend it before you post up profiles!
And yes, do make sure you remember to post profiles. And make sure you add a gender of your choice whilst you're at it!

Guardians:

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/398.png[/img]
[b]Empoleon (#)[/b]

[b]Nature:[/b] Relaxed (+1 Def, Speed ÷ 1.15, -10% Evasion)

[b]Type:[/b] Water/Steel

[b]Abilities:[/b] Torrent/Defiant (H)

[b]Stats:[/b]
HP: 100
ATK: 3
DEF: 4 (+)
SPA: 4 (5)
SPD: 4
SPE: 52 (60/1.15)
BRT: 19
SC: 3
WC: 4

[b]Item:[/b] Rare Candy

EC: 9/9
MC: 12
AC: 5/5

[b]Attacks:[/b]
Aqua Jet
Bide
Brine
Bubble
Bubble Beam
Drill Peck
Fury Attack
Growl
Hydro Pump
Metal Claw
Mist
Peck
Pound
Swagger
Swords Dance
Tackle
Water Sport
Whirlpool

Agility
Aqua Ring
Feather Dance
Hydro Pump
Icy Wind

Blizzard
Brick Break
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Steel Wing
Surf

Vacuum Wave

[b]Tactics:[/b] Your first priority, if they have fire types that don't mind the rain so much, is to get a Water Sport off to protect Escavalier. After that, spam powerful attacks courtesy of the rain. Only issue is you are a bit on the slow side, so keep that in mind.
[/hide]

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/619.png[/img]
[b]Escavalier (#)[/b]

[b]Nature:[/b] Brave (+1 Atk, Speed ÷ 1.15, -10% Evasion)

[b]Type:[/b] Bug/Steel

[b]Abilities:[/b] Swarm/Shell Armor/Overcoat (H)

ATK: 6 (+) [7]
DEF: 4 (5)
SPA: 2
SPD: 4 (5)
SPE: 17 (20/1.15)
SC: 2
WC: 3

[b]Item:[/b] Link Cable

EC: 6/6

Bug Buzz
Double-Edge
Endure
False Swipe
Fell Stinger
Flail
Fury Attack
Fury Cutter
Giga Impact
Headbutt
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Leer
Peck
Quick Guard
Reversal
Scary Face
Slash
Swords Dance
Take Down
Twineedle
X-Scissor

Bug Bite
Counter
Drill Run
Megahorn
Pursuit

Aerial Ace
Facade
Infestation
Poison Jab
Protect
Rest
Sleep Talk

[b]Tactics:[/b] 100/5/5 Defenses, 7 Attack AND Overcoat? Yeah this guy is a powerful bulky attacker that can likely take one Pokemon before it goes down, possibly multiple. However, it's a bit slow and has limited coverage, so keep that in mind.
[/hide]

Boss:

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/379.png[/img]
[b]Registeel (#)[/b]

[b]Type:[/b] Steel

[b]Abilities:[/b] Clear Body/Light Metal (H)

ATK: 4 (+)
DEF: 6
SPA: 3
SPD: 6
SPE: 43 (50/1.15)
BRT: 23
WC: 6

[b]Item:[/b] King's Rock

MC: 15

Amnesia
Ancient Power
Charge Beam
Curse
Explosion
Flash Cannon
Hammer Arm
Hyper Beam
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Lock-On
Metal Claw
Stomp
Superpower
Zap Cannon

Body Slam
Counter
Gravity
Ice Punch
Mud-Slap

Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Bulldoze
Double Team
Earthquake
Focus Punch
Hidden Power (Psychic)
Hone Claws
Hyper Beam
Protect
Psych Up
Rest
Rock Polish
Rock Slide
Rock Smash
Safeguard
Shock Wave
Sleep Talk
Smack Down
Substitute
Thunder Wave
Toxic

[b]Tactics:[/b] Honestly, most of the strategy for this fight is in the hands of Aegislash. With this guy, just bash the enemies and do what's needed to secure victory. Just don't try to explode on them.
[/hide]

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/media/sprites/xy/front/aegislash.png[/img]
[b]Aegislash (#)[/b]

[b]Type:[/b] Ghost/Steel

[b]Abilities:[/b] Stance Change

HP: 90
ATK: 3 -> 7 (8) [+]
DEF: 6 (7) -> 2
SPA: 2 -> 6 (7)
SPD: 6 (7)-> 2
BRT: 20

[b]Item:[/b] Dusk Stone

Aerial Ace
Autotomize
Fury Cutter
Head Smash
Iron Defense
Iron Head
King's Shield
Metal Sound
Night Slash
Power Trick
Pursuit
Retaliate
Sacred Sword
Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance
Tackle

Destiny Bond
Metal Sound
Shadow Sneak
Wide Guard

Attract
Brick Break
Confide
Cut
Double Team
Facade
Flash Cannon
Giga Impact
Gyro Ball
Hyper Beam
Protect
Reflect
Rest
Return
Rock Slide
Shadow Ball
Shadow Claw
Sleep Talk
Swagger
Toxic

[b]Tactics:[/b] Most of the strategy of this fight lies in Aegislash's hands. The ref has to know exactly when to be in either form, and when to King's Shield, otherwise Aegislash is going to go down fast. Generally speaking, you will want to use King's Shield when ordering second, to prevent being statused while going defensive.
[/hide]

Trap Pokemon:

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/303.png[/img]
[b]Mawile (#)[/b]

[b]Nature:[/b] Quiet (+1 SpA, Speed ÷ 1.15, -10% Evasion)

[b]Type:[/b] Steel/Fairy

[b]Abilities:[/b] Hyper Cutter/Intimidate/Sheer Force

DEF: 3
SPA: 3 (+)
SPD: 2
BRT: 14
SC: 1
WC: 2

[b]Item:[/b] Life Orb

MC: 10

Astonish
Baton Pass
Bite
Crunch
Fairy Wind
Fake Tears
Feint Attack
Growl
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Play Rough
Spit Up
Stockpile
Sucker Punch
Swallow
Sweet Scent
Taunt
Vice Grip

Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Metal Burst
Misty Terrain
Thunder Fang

Flamethrower
Flash Cannon
Rock Slide
Shadow Ball
Taunt

[b]Tactics:[/b] Mawile in this case is a bit of a glass cannon. With Life Orb and Sheer Force, it can do quite a bit of damage though, so try to deal as much damage as possible to whatever you've trapped. If you can hit the target super effective then you should be able to do plenty of damage before Mawile drops.
[/hide]

Horde Pokemon:

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/81.png[/img]
[b]Magnemite (#)[/b]

[b]Nature:[/b] Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)

[b]Type:[/b] Steel/Electric

[b]Abilities:[/b] Magnet Pull/Sturdy/Analytic (H)

HP: 40
ATK: 1 (-)
SPA: 4 (+)
SPE: 45
BRT: 13
WC: 1

[b]Item:[/b] Jaboca Berry

EC: 0/6
MC: 6

Discharge
Electro Ball
Flash Cannon
Gyro Ball
Lock-On
Magnet Bomb
Magnet Rise
Metal Sound
Mirror Shot
Screech
Sonic Boom
Spark
Supersonic
Swift
Tackle
Thunder Shock
Thunder Wave
Zap Cannon

Electroweb
Iron Defense
Magic Coat
Recycle
Signal Beam

Charge Beam
Rain Dance
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch

[b]Tactics:[/b] These guys are trickier than meets the eye. Discharge Spam is the name of the game here, but the Jacoba Berry means that if the opponent resorts to Earthquake to deal with you, the challenger's Pokemon will pay the price in recoil damage. Teleport can be purchased to make things even more interesting for the challenger.
[/hide]

Rare Encounter:

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/655.png[/img]
[b]Bisharp (#)[/b]

[b]Nature:[/b] Careful (+1 SpD, -1 SpA)[/b]

[b]Type:[/b] Dark/Steel

[b]Abilities:[/b] Defiant/Inner Focus/Pressure (H)

ATK: 5 (6)
DEF: 4
SPA: 1 (-)
SPD: 4 (+)
SPE: 70

Assurance
Embargo
Feint Attack
Fury Cutter
Guillotine
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Leer
Metal Burst
Metal Claw
Metal Sound
Night Slash
Scary Face
Swagger
Slash
Swords Dance
Torment

Psycho Cut
Pursuit
Quick Guard
Revenge
Sucker Punch

Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Dig
Poison Jab
Stone Edge

[b]Tactics:[/b] Don't be fooled by the arena, Bisharp should hit as hard and fast as possible, with the extra damage per round as more of a bonus. Metal Burst can be used to surprise the enemy with a counter attack, but make sure you do not rely on it.
[/hide]

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Historical Data for runs started prior to 17/4/2017

Iron Dungeon
Difficulty:
Legendary
Prerequisites: None
Arena: This heavily industrialized area enhances Park Balls.

RP Path:
Lackeys --> RP 1 --> RP 2 --> Guardians --> RP 3 --> RP 4 --> Boss

Timeless Tower is an unfathomably large structure seated on an impregnable cliff-side. The tower's main spire looms over its entrance hundreds of feet into the air. Bridges extend from the main tower to three separate spires, each on an island pillar of immense density. The ocean roars violently below, beckoning you to stay away.

The bridge to the east leads to a tower frozen over in a massive pillar of ice. The sunlight glistens against its reflective surface, yet no melt can be shown. You look cold just staring at it.

The bridge to the west leads to a craggy pillar that seems to be etched from the very earth itself, impossibly dense and immovable.

A third tower can be seen behind the structure on your map, but it is eclipsed by the sheer enormity of the main spire. It is made of the sturdiest looking metal you have ever seen, an unnaturally purely refined solidity that shares the brilliant sheen of the icy tower and the sheer density of the crag.

As you go up to the entrance, the drawbridge on the main gate opens and falls with a loud crash onto the only access to the mainland. On either side of the bridge are statues of Golurk holding up massive spears. As you enter the main atrium, a massive statue of Golem rolled up into a ball takes the center of the arena. You look around the room and see exits your east and west going to the towers, stairs built into the floor going down presumably to the tower behind the main spire and a massive door with three slots in the gate. Depictions of the gate are on the left and right and show three stones being placed in the gate. Both mosaics are completely sand-colored except for the stones. One is an azure blue, one is a dull brown, and the other a shimmering silver. You attempt to push the gate, but it is so massively heavy you feel tired just pushing on it. It will not budge.

Recently, there have been reports of a large earthquake that shook the area. Ever since, the Pokemon in the area have become quite hostile, and most report the layouts of the dungeons having changed. You can even see that the towers seem somewhat shorter, though no less ominous.

What could this all mean? And where do you go from here?

Player Options:
a) Enter Ice Spire.
b) Enter Rock Crag.
c) Enter Iron Dungeon.
d) Enter Heaven's Ascent.
e) Leave Timeless Tower.

Thinking that it might be safer in the Steel building as opposed to the unstable crag and freezing spire, you steel your courage and head into the Iron Dungeon. When you enter, you come across a hallway, laid out in regal glory, almost like a medieval castle of sorts. The only real difference is that it is made entirely out of metal, as opposed to stone. Statues line the walls, showing figures you don't quite recognize. Once you reach the end of the hall, you are confronted with a door, which has two figures placed upon the top, one black and one white, seeming to be in the image of chess pawns.

Without hesitation you open the door, to a strange sight. The floor is covered in an eight by eight grid of squares, alternating Black and White. The walls and ceiling look the same as when you came in, the dead, lifeless steel from before. You start to wonder where the exit to deeper into the dungeon is, when you're interrupted by a voice.

"Ah, another challenger wants to play? Very well, let the games begin! I'll give you the honor of playing the black pieces."

After the voice is finished, a door opens partway, big enough to crawl through, revealing two Pokemon ready to fight you. It's almost as if they were prepared for you coming...

[REF NOTE] Initiate Lackey Fight with 2 of Pawniard, Bronzor and Klink

[After the lackeys order] "Hmhmhm. Your move!"

After the "pawns" are defeated, the door ahead opens fully, allowing you to press on. you head up a spiral staircase for quite some time, before you finally reach another door. This one has the image of a White chess Bishop atop it. Figuring that you're going to fight another of the mysterious voice's "pieces", you head on inside. Sure enough, the voice booms again.

"Ah, so you made it past the Pawns. Don't be too impressed with yourself. The real game's just beginning!"

Suddenly, another door opens, and mist comes out of it! When it clears, you notice that <Pokemon of Ref's Choice> has gone missing! You search frantically around, while behind a hidden door a Mawile promptly eats an appetizer before turning to your Pokemon!

[REF NOTE] Initiate Trap with Mawile against Pokemon of Ref's Choice. Mawile has used Misty Terrain and Stockpile (-17 Energy).

After dealing with the Mawile, you head down deeper where it had taken your Pokemon. You find yet another spiral staircase, and head up it some more, until you eventually reach a room without a door. Curious, you head inside, only for iron bars to descend behind you, blocking your way. Unlike the previous two rooms, this one just has a steel floor like the one you saw when you came in. Suspicious, you start looking for doors, when suddenly the voice booms again.

"Come now, you didn't think all I'd have you do is fight my minions did you? I decided to mix things up a little here. The only way out of this room is for you to pull one of those two levers. I've put...special surprises behind each one. After the surprise is over you will continue on of course. I wonder, which poison will you pick?"

You don't know if you can trust this voice at his word, but there doesn't seem to be any other way out. You step up to the levers on the wall, and find that one has a skull carved on top of it, and the other has a flame inscribed next to it. It looks like the only thing left to do is to pull a lever...

Player Options:
a) Pull the Skull Lever
b) Pull the Flame Lever

IF A) Pull the Skull Lever

Suddenly, poison gas bellows into the room! You curse your luck and try to hold your breath. Just when you think you can't hold it any longer, the gas is vented out just as suddenly as it came in. You wonder what the point of that was, until you see your Pokemon poisoned and somewhat worse for wear. A door that you didn't see before clanks open, allowing you to continue onwards and upwards.

[REF NOTE] Hit each active team member with a Smog from Rank 4 SpA, automatically rolls Poison​

IF B) Pull the Flame Lever

Suddenly, flames spread across the room! Your Pokemon rush to your side to protect you from the flames, so you end up unscathed until the flames extinguish due to lack of fuel. However, your Pokemon all seem to be burned pretty badly from that. You say a few choice words about the voice. A door that you didn't see before clanks open, allowing you to continue onwards and upwards.

[REF NOTE] Hit each active team member with an Ember from Rank 4 SpA, automatically rolls Burn​

You head up another spiral staircase...is this guy obsessed with them or something? No matter, after some time and a short rest, you reach the top of the staircase, and come face to face with another door, this time with a White chess Knight and White chess Rook adorned atop it. Expecting the inevitable, you head on inside, and sure enough, there are two mean looking Pokemon standing there waiting for you! Upon your approach they take up battle positions!

"Ah, so you chose that lever, good for you! Now let's see how your weakened Pokemon do against my champion pieces!"

[REF NOTE] Initiate Guardian Fight with Escavalier and Empoleon

After the Guardians fall, you head through the door that opens and up yet another spiral staircase. Couldn't they at least put different colored carpets to make this less monotonous? Regardless, you climb until you see another room, this one with 5 White chess Pawns adorning the top of it. Preparing yourself for the obvious fight, you head on in. This time, five Magnemite simply float there, unmoving, merely staring you down with a malicious look. The voice comes again right on cue.

"Impressive, you have beaten my best pieces and continue onwards, not heeding the challenges ahead. I've lost many of my pieces up to now. However, a true champion knows that he must use every piece to his advantage to win. It's time for you to lose."

The Magnemite don't outright attack you, but you doubt the door onwards will open without fighting them, so you send your Pokemon after them.
[REF NOTE] Initiate 5v3 Horde Battle vs Magnemite.

As you expected, the door up opens. Unexpectedly, the voice booms again long before you're finished climbing. This time he sounds quite angry.

"Won't you give up already? You know that your quest is in vain, I have known it since you entered this place! Do you have the gall to keep climbing up, knowing that it will lead to your inevitable death?"

You choose to ignore the voice, and head on upwards still. You hear the voice again, barely containing it's rage.

"You think you're so smart because you have won every battle so far. Can't you tell when you've lost? I've already planned ten steps ahead, and I know that I will achieve checkmate before too long. Your cause is doomed, I will ensure that."

The voice pauses, then continues in a surprisingly mellow tone.

"Very well, I shall permit you to see me. But first, why don't I ask you a question. Which do you prefer, death by mace, or death by blade? Purely a symbolic choice mind, I'll be sure to only beat you to within an inch of your life."

Suddenly, you hear a clang ahead. You hurry ahead, only to find the last door, an ornate door with a White chess King and White chess Queen piece engraved atop it, barred by iron bars. It looks like you have no choice but to answer his question.

Player Options:
a) Death By Blade
b) Death By Mace
c) Neither

IF A) Death By Blade

You hear something metallic clattering behind the door, before the iron bars recede! It looks like you have one last chance to prepare before fighting the chess master that has put you through so much grief.

[REF NOTE] Fight vs Registeel will have Spikes (1 Layer) on player side of the field.​

IF B) Death By Mace

You hear something rocky clattering behind the door, before the iron bars recede! It looks like you have one last chance to prepare before fighting the chess master that has put you through so much grief.

[REF NOTE] Fight vs Registeel will have Stealth Rock on player side of the field.​

IF C) Neither

The voice comes again, clearly not pleased at the response.

"Wha...Do you mock me fool? Do you not know who the better player is, the one who controls the field? To the dungeon with you!"

Suddenly, a trap door opens below you, sending you into the depths of the dungeon. All the while, you can hear clanging where the door was, metallic and rocky. Still, you don't have much time to contemplate what that means before you land, hard, on a metal plate. Good thing your Pokemon softened the blow...somewhat.
[REF NOTE] Fight vs Registeel will have Stealth Rock and Spikes (1 Layer) on player side of the field. Advance to Fiancetto​

The regal doors slowly open, and you see quite the sight. It's a metal hallway, roughly like the one as you came in, but far more royal looking overall. There is a red carpet flowing towards a throne that holds a gemstone, as well as two statues, one of an Iron Golem, and the other of a Sword and Shield, on either side of it. That said, it doesn't look completely clean, as you see some shrapnel behind the throne, stuff that seems like it came from a junkyard.

After looking around for a fight, you decide the coast is clear for now and grab the Steel Pearl.

However, as soon as you do so, the voice booms out again.

"Ah, you're finally here. Welcome to my humble abode. My apologies for the mess, I still haven't cleaned it up since the earthquake."

Suddenly, the two statues come to life, regain their normal coloring, and move towards each other. One of them is an Aegislash, while the other is a Registeel! As if that wasn't enough, the Registeel takes a hold of the Aegislash, holding it as he would a weapon. How he convinced an Aegislash to do that is beyond you, but the voice booms again. Curiously, you cannot tell whether the voice is coming from the Registeel or from somewhere else in the dungeon.

"You've done well to make it this far, but this is where, I'm sorry to say, your winning streak ends! Now then, let's begin the finale in earnest!"

The two move in to attack!

[REF NOTE] Initiate Boss Fight with Registeel and Aegislash

You take a look at your surroundings, and have a mild panic attack when nothing seems to happen, and when you notice no way out. After you finish preparing though, the voice chimes in again!

"Let's see how you do against my other bishop fool!

Out of a hidden passage comes a Bisharp, who does a quick blade dance. It looks like it's using Swords Dance, until suddenly blades start coming out of the ground! It looks like you'll only have enough concentration to order one Pokemon against Bisharp without being skewered by the blades coming out and going into the ground.

[REF NOTE] Initiate Rare Encounter with Bisharp. IF Player wins without losing any Pokemon, then player gains 1 Max Ether. After battle, advance to Checkmate

[If Condition is met] "A splendid match...I suppose I can forgive you for your earlier impertinence." the voice booms again. The center of the room where you fell lights up, and a Pawniard comes in. Before you can attack it, it raises it's arms as if in surrender, and hands you a Max Ether without a word. Delighted, you head towards the center, and you are lifted up back to the regal looking door.

[If Condition is not met] "A splendid match...I suppose I can forgive you for your earlier impertinence." the voice booms again. The center of the room suddenly lights up, and you get the feeling that this is your way out. Delighted, you head towards the center, and you are lifted up back to the regal looking door.

Chessboard Chaos:
This 64x64 feet arena is comprised of an 8x8 grid of black and white tiles. To either side stand four statues, two on the left side, two on the right. On the ceiling, barely visible, is a set of four sprinklers, which seem to be outputting a light drizzle on the arena. Fortunately, it appears that there's a very small drain around the edge of the arena that prevents flooding.

Effects:
Constant Rain Dance
Rain Dance cannot be changed by weather rock, but Air Lock will still work.

Knight's Castle:
The chessboard pattern appears here as well, but this time it's overshadowed by a replica castle standing on the other side of the room. This time the room is much bigger, 108x108 feet to make room for the castle. The castle's an impressive structure, seemingly made out of stone but a tap would reveal it to be a painted metal of some kind. It even comes with a moat, drawbridge, and everything you expect in a castle. For the most part the Guardians take turns charging out of and retreating into the castle via the drawbridge, but they're slow enough and stand on the walls, so hitting them isn't a problem. What is are the secret passages that allow them to get to each others side in an instant.

Effects:
Constant Rain Dance
Rain Dance cannot be changed by weather rock, but Air Lock will still work.
Bodyblock has +1 Priority when used by the Guardians.

Iron Throne:
This regal area looks more like a castle than a chessboard. It seems the master of this place is done playing games! The arena is a wide hallway covered with red carpet followed by a circular room containing the throne and the shrapnel behind it. One odd thing you notice is the marks in the walls, as though the Registeel was practicing his swordplay. There's a magnetic field surrounding the entire arena that is flinging shrapnel at you, and keeping your team on the ground. That said, the shrapnel itself seems to be a lot smaller than you heard about, possibly a result of the earthquake.

Effects:
King's Guard: Whenever Aegislash is in Blade form, Registeel gains +1 Attack and Special Attack Ranks, and in Shield form it grants Registeel +1 Defense and Special Defense Ranks. Additionally, when Aegislash uses King's Shield, it affects Registeel as well.
Constant Shrapnel Weather. Shrapnel weather does 2 DPA to every non-Steel type, and adjusts for type. Types resistant to Steel will take 1 DPA, types weak to Steel will take 3 DPA. Sandstorm or Hail can be added to Shrapnel, but will not override it. Otherwise, Weather Rocks have no effect on this, though Air Lock still works.
All of the junk behind the throne makes Steel-types more focused, increasing their accuracy by 10 (flat).
Strong magnetic field disables Magnet Pull abilities and prevents Pokemon other than Registeel from using Magnet Rise.
Item cannot be removed from boss, however it can be Embargoed or Magic Roomed.

Last Line:
Once again you come across the chessboard layout but this time some over sized magnets are causing trouble.

Effects:
No Special Effects

Zigzag Approach:
While the outside of this arena contains the same chessboard layout the previous arena did, the Mawile took your Pokemon to a narrow corridor off to the side, which leads to a lair filled with food for Mawile.

Effects:
No Special Effects

Fianchetto Prison:
This area is unlike the rest of the dungeon, seeming to be a pure steel arena filled with slots for large blades to come out of. Once they hit their peak they retract. Unfortunately for you they seem to be coming out in a rather haphazard fashion. As you might expect, this place seems to give swords an extra sharp edge.

Effects:
At the end of every round, a blade comes out of the ground and strikes the Pokemon, dealing a flat 5 damage.
Swords Dance grants an additional +1 to Attack stat and has +1 Priority.

Lackeys: Pawniard, Bronzor, Klink
Guardians: Empoleon, Escavalier
Boss: Registeel, Aegislash

Trap Pokemon: Mawile
Horde Pokemon: Magnemite
Rare Encounter: Bisharp

Horde Pokemon have their max HP set to half. Horde pokemon deal 50% Damage from their attacks.
MC Allocation is given in the MC slot of a pokemon, make sure you spend it before you post up profiles!
And yes, do make sure you remember to post profiles. And make sure you add a gender of your choice whilst you're at it!

Lackeys:

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/654.png[/img]
[b]Pawniard (#)[/b]

[b]Nature:[/b] Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)

SPE: 60

[b]Item:[/b] Dark Gem

Assurance
Embargo
Feint Attack
Fury Cutter
Guillotine
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Leer
Metal Claw
Metal Sound
Night Slash
Scary Face
Scratch
Slash
Swords Dance
Torment

Mean Look
Psycho Cut
Pursuit
Quick Guard
Sucker Punch

Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Cut
Embargo
Grass Knot

[b]Tactics:[/b] Not much to say here, just beat up the opposition. If you can get a Swords Dance in you can deal some decent damage, and the combo of Pursuit and Sucker Punch makes Pawniard especially effective if it can survive to Round 2.
[/hide]

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/441.png[/img]
[b]Bronzor (#)[/b]

[b]Type:[/b] Steel/Psychic

[b]Abilities:[/b] Levitate/Heatproof/Heavy Metal (H)

ATK: 2 (+)
SPA: 1
SPD: 3
SPE: 20 (23/1.15)
BRT: 11
WC: 4 (5 Heavy Metal)

[b]Item:[/b] Steel Gem

Confuse Ray
Confusion
Extrasensory
Feint Attack
Future Sight
Gyro Ball
Heal Block
Heavy Slam
Hypnosis
Imprison
Iron Defense
Metal Sound
Payback
Psywave
Safeguard
Tackle

Gravity
Recycle
Skill Swap
Sleep Talk
Wonder Room

Grass Knot
Light Screen
Reflect
Rock Slide
Trick Room

[b]Tactics:[/b] The stone wall of the lackey club Bronzor is mostly meant to take hits. It's main and really, only, form of offense is to use Steel Gem with Gyro Ball to rack up damage. Once the Gem's gone you can just Recycle it back. Wonder Room is there if you fight a Pokemon with particularly high Defense. Aside from that, focus on supporting the team with Screens, Trick Room, and Safeguard.
[/hide]

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/629.png[/img]
[b]Klink (#)[/b]

[b]Abilities:[/b] Plus/Minus/Clear Body (H)

ATK: 2
SPE: 26 (30/1.15)

[b]Item:[/b] Electric Gem

EC: 0/9

Autotomize
Bind
Charge
Charge Beam
Discharge
Gear Grind
Hyper Beam
Lock-On
Metal Sound
Mirror Shot
Screech
Shift Gear
Thundershock
Vicegrip
Zap Cannon

Iron Defense
Magic Coat
Magnet Rise
Recycle
Signal Beam

Double Team
Flash Cannon
Rest
Thunderbolt
Toxic

[b]Tactics:[/b] The special attacker of the lackeys, Klink is well equipped to deal damage with Electric Attacks. Just Thunderbolt away, though if the opposition has any 4x weaknesses make sure to get the Hidden Power for that.
[/hide]

Guardians:

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/398.png[/img]
[b]Empoleon (#)[/b]

[b]Nature:[/b] Relaxed (+1 Def, Speed ÷ 1.15, -10% Evasion)

[b]Type:[/b] Water/Steel

[b]Abilities:[/b] Torrent/Defiant (H)

DEF: 4 (+)
SPA: 4 (5)
SPD: 4

Aqua Jet
Bide
Brine
Bubble
Bubble Beam
Drill Peck
Fury Attack
Growl
Hydro Pump
Metal Claw
Mist
Peck
Pound
Swagger
Swords Dance
Tackle
Water Sport
Whirlpool

Agility
Aqua Ring
Feather Dance
Hydro Pump
Icy Wind

Blizzard
Brick Break
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Steel Wing
Surf

Vacuum Wave

[b]Tactics:[/b] Your first priority, if they have fire types that don't mind the rain so much, is to get a Water Sport off to protect Escavalier. After that, spam powerful attacks courtesy of the rain. Only issue is you are a bit on the slow side, so keep that in mind.
[/hide]

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/619.png[/img]
[b]Escavalier (#)[/b]

[b]Type:[/b] Bug/Steel

[b]Abilities:[/b] Swarm/Shell Armor/Overcoat (H)

ATK: 6 (+) [7]
DEF: 4 (5)
SPA: 2
SPD: 4 (5)
SPE: 17 (20/1.15)
SC: 2
WC: 3

[b]Item:[/b] Link Cable

Bug Buzz
Double-Edge
Endure
False Swipe
Fell Stinger
Flail
Fury Attack
Fury Cutter
Giga Impact
Headbutt
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Leer
Peck
Quick Guard
Reversal
Scary Face
Slash
Swords Dance
Take Down
Twineedle
X-Scissor

Bug Bite
Counter
Drill Run
Megahorn
Pursuit

Aerial Ace
Facade
Infestation
Poison Jab
Protect
Rest
Sleep Talk

[b]Tactics:[/b] 100/5/5 Defenses, 7 Attack AND Overcoat? Yeah this guy is a powerful bulky attacker that can likely take one Pokemon before it goes down, possibly multiple. However, it's a bit slow and has limited coverage, so keep that in mind.
[/hide]

Boss:

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/379.png[/img]
[b]Registeel (#)[/b]

[b]Abilities:[/b] Clear Body/Light Metal (H)

DEF: 6
SPA: 3
SPD: 6
BRT: 23
WC: 6

[b]Item:[/b] King's Rock

Amnesia
Ancient Power
Charge Beam
Curse
Explosion
Flash Cannon
Hammer Arm
Hyper Beam
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Lock-On
Metal Claw
Stomp
Superpower
Zap Cannon

Body Slam
Counter
Gravity
Ice Punch
Mud-Slap

Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Bulldoze
Double Team
Earthquake
Focus Punch
Hidden Power (Psychic)
Hone Claws
Hyper Beam
Protect
Psych Up
Rest
Rock Polish
Rock Slide
Rock Smash
Safeguard
Shock Wave
Sleep Talk
Smack Down
Substitute
Thunder Wave
Toxic

[b]Tactics:[/b] Honestly, most of the strategy for this fight is in the hands of Aegislash. With this guy, just bash the enemies and do what's needed to secure victory. Just don't try to explode on them.
[/hide]

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/media/sprites/xy/front/aegislash.png[/img]
[b]Aegislash (#)[/b]

[b]Type:[/b] Ghost/Steel

[b]Abilities:[/b] Stance Change

ATK: 3 -> 7 (8) [+]
DEF: 6 (7) -> 2
SPA: 2 -> 6 (7)
SPD: 6 (7)-> 2

[b]Item:[/b] Dusk Stone

Aerial Ace
Autotomize
Fury Cutter
Head Smash
Iron Defense
Iron Head
King's Shield
Metal Sound
Night Slash
Power Trick
Pursuit
Retaliate
Sacred Sword
Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance
Tackle

Destiny Bond
Metal Sound
Shadow Sneak
Wide Guard

Attract
Brick Break
Confide
Cut
Double Team
Facade
Flash Cannon
Giga Impact
Gyro Ball
Hyper Beam
Protect
Reflect
Rest
Return
Rock Slide
Shadow Ball
Shadow Claw
Sleep Talk
Swagger
Toxic

[b]Tactics:[/b] Most of the strategy of this fight lies in Aegislash's hands. The ref has to know exactly when to be in either form, and when to King's Shield, otherwise Aegislash is going to go down fast. Generally speaking, you will want to use King's Shield when ordering second, to prevent being statused while going defensive.
[/hide]

Trap Pokemon:

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/303.png[/img]
[b]Mawile (#)[/b]

[b]Type:[/b] Steel/Fairy

[b]Abilities:[/b] Hyper Cutter/Intimidate/Sheer Force

[b]Item:[/b] Life Orb

Astonish
Baton Pass
Bite
Crunch
Fairy Wind
Fake Tears
Feint Attack
Growl
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Play Rough
Spit Up
Stockpile
Sucker Punch
Swallow
Sweet Scent
Taunt
Vice Grip

Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Metal Burst
Misty Terrain
Thunder Fang

Flamethrower
Flash Cannon
Rock Slide
Shadow Ball
Taunt

[b]Tactics:[/b] Mawile in this case is a bit of a glass cannon. With Life Orb and Sheer Force, it can do quite a bit of damage though, so try to deal as much damage as possible to whatever you've trapped. If you can hit the target super effective then you should be able to do plenty of damage before Mawile drops.
[/hide]

Horde Pokemon:

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/81.png[/img]
[b]Magnemite (#)[/b]

[b]Nature:[/b] Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)

[b]Type:[/b] Steel/Electric

[b]Abilities:[/b] Magnet Pull/Sturdy/Analytic (H)

HP: 40
ATK: 1 (-)
SPA: 4 (+)
SPE: 45
WC: 1

[b]Item:[/b] Jaboca Berry

MC: 6

Discharge
Electro Ball
Flash Cannon
Gyro Ball
Lock-On
Magnet Bomb
Magnet Rise
Metal Sound
Mirror Shot
Screech
Sonic Boom
Spark
Supersonic
Swift
Tackle
Thunder Shock
Thunder Wave
Zap Cannon

Electroweb
Iron Defense
Magic Coat
Recycle
Signal Beam

Charge Beam
Rain Dance
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch

[b]Tactics:[/b] These guys are trickier than meets the eye. Discharge Spam is the name of the game here, but the Jacoba Berry means that if the opponent resorts to Earthquake to deal with you, the challenger's Pokemon will pay the price in recoil damage. Teleport can be purchased to make things even more interesting for the challenger.
[/hide]

Rare Encounter:

[hide=]
[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/655.png[/img]
[b]Bisharp (#)[/b]

[b]Nature:[/b] Careful (+1 SpD, -1 SpA)[/b]

ATK: 5 (6)
DEF: 4
SPD: 4 (+)
SPE: 70

Assurance
Embargo
Feint Attack
Fury Cutter
Guillotine
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Leer
Metal Burst
Metal Claw
Metal Sound
Night Slash
Scary Face
Swagger
Slash
Swords Dance
Torment

Psycho Cut
Pursuit
Quick Guard
Revenge
Sucker Punch

Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Dig
Poison Jab
Stone Edge

[b]Tactics:[/b] Don't be fooled by the arena, Bisharp should hit as hard and fast as possible, with the extra damage per round as more of a bonus. Metal Burst can be used to surprise the enemy with a counter attack, but make sure you do not rely on it.
[/hide]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)