350 Cup

Pidgeotto is not strong enough to take out most things besides Fighting-types like Mienfoo and Mankey, and even then, why not just rely on a physical set to take advantage of its better Attack? Most pure Fighting-types have the same stats for defenses, except for Mankey, who actually has higher Special Defense, so running a physical set actually makes more sense.

And anyway, Pidgeotto is soundly outclassed by Staravia who has 110/150/100/80/80/160 stats, so it hits harder and faster and has way better abilities (Intimidate and Reckless). Unfortunately it doesn't have Close Combat (has Revenge), but its real niche lies in firing Reckless-boosted Brave Bird and Double-Edge nukes or gaining momentum/causing switches with Intimidate.

E: Doduo is also better, with 70/170/90/70/70/150, but loses the edge that Staravia has with Reckless and is frailer.
I didn't say it was great just that it was decent. It's physical movepool is worse than it's special since Heat Wave is special.
Axew @ Life Orb/CS/CB
Mold Breaker
92/174/120/60/80/114
Adamant/Jolly Nature
252 Atk, 224 Spe(if Jolly LO/CB)/248 HP(if Adamant LO/CS), 32 HP/8 Def or SpD
Dragon Dance/Aqua Tail
Dual Chop/Outrage
Superpower
Poison Jab
It has good physical bulk, decent special bulk, great physical offense and a decent movepool with a good typing. The speed for non Jolly non CS variants lets it outspeed max speed Lati@s, both HP spreads give it an odd amount of HP. Also:
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Axew Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Spritzee: 294-348 (56.9 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Skrelp(100/120/120/120/120/60) will be pretty good when it gets Adaptability because its stabs are only NVE on 13 mons and it has shadow ball/feint attack for sheddy, gira, and frilly as well as having a stab SE on fairy
Edit:
Drifloon @ Flame Orb
Flare Boost
180/100/68/120/88/140
Timid Nature
252 SpA, 216 Spe, 40 HP
Shadow Ball
Thunder/Gust
Weather Ball/Gust
Calm Mind/Gust
Obviously best used in rain. Spe for outspeeding Megnectric, odd HP. You could also run calm mind unburden weakness policy or physically bulky aftermath staller
Vibrava @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Levitate
100/140/100/100/100/140
Jolly Nature
252 Atk, 176 Spe, 80 HP
Outrage
Defog
Earthquake
Rock Slide/U-turn
Spe to outspeed Smoochum, odd HP to minimize passive damage
all Pumpkaboo have better physical bulk than skarm but small is probs best because it has speed for its insane support movepool especially since none of them have reliable recovery.
sqrtEdit: Birdspam is great in this tier

Last edited:
I think I should make a point about suspecting Spritzee, I normally play balanced and never used one but the sheer amount of these you will find is astonishingly high.
First thing about is the amazing bulk of 156/104/120/126/130/ 46 stats it can't be killed without a thick amount of hazards or set-up, his best counters are pretty obscure and can effectivelly be killed by a Dark type like Scarf Scraggy, well except Grimer, who can sponge knock off with sticky hold, it not only is a amazing wall but also works like semi-crocune, with no scald but with unblockable STAB, this is the only mon I found that can Ohko:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Gastly Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Spritzee: 566-668 (109.6 - 129.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO, the only Counter it has, but whithout recovery it struggles to keep itself alive when coming into rocks and potencially taking a hit from an incoming Steel-type like Magnemite or Honedge.
More than a wall it behaves like a stop to every non set-up sweeper and proves to be the most prominent wall in the tier with no real convinient counter and no real reason not to be used.

90 / 170 / 100 / 110 / 100 / 130

The only thing Pawniard has that Mienfoo doesn't is that incredible physical bulk. With a brilliant movepool consisting of mainly High Jump Kick, Drain Punch, Knock Off, Fake Out, Stone Edge, U-turn (for Choiced sets), and even Acrobatics (for Normal Gem + Fake Out sets or Red Card ones), it is surely a physical monster with the only common weaknesses in Intimidate and perhaps, Will-O-Wisp. Adding to that, Regenerator is an excellent ability, especially handy when dealing with Life Orb and/or High Jump Kick as well as damage from Stealth Rock. (*Inner Focus has it's own uses, yet isn't really compatible here.)

Thoughts?​

Just to clarify for people you CAN still use ubers pokemon and arceus STILL has a higher bst than anything that gets the 350 boost. Ekiller is still real, monoattacking cmceus is still real, and kyogre is still a god. i REALLY feel that this meta needs more play before you ban stuff, because I feel like a lot of standard ubers mons are being straight up ignored that dont care about some of these things (resttalk ogre for example laughs at darm, support arceus doesnt actually care AT ALL about pawniard because willowisp cripples it and it doesnt fear knock off, palkia/dialga are still both incredibly solid pokemon, all these ubers are uber for a reason, and most have stat totals to compare or beat a lot of the popular 350cup mons. Yes 350cup mons have nicer focused stat disribution sometimes, but a lot of the time normal ubers sets will work just fine. Geoxern for example is just huge, as even though 350cup introduces new things to take the hit, not all of them can actually hit back

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Other mons:
Pikachu: 70/110/80/100/100/180. With a Light Ball this thing is just unstoppable, so I propose Light Ball be banned. Volt Tackle wrecks Slowpoke, and it can also outspeed and kill Water-CM Arceus. The decent HP stat means it won't die as fast from recoil too. Iron Tail is amazing on Spritz too. Also: Cranidos. 132/250/80/60/60/116, so it's a pretty fast mon, and Jolly variants 2HKO Arceus-Water with Thrash when at +2. Head Smash rocks too, with a 2HKO on Spritzee at +2, and Zen Headbutt kills Mienfoo. Cranidos is a great physical sweeper and addition to an HO team. Finally: Bronzor. With 114/172/172 defenses and three weaknesses, not to mention access to dual screens, this little guy is a defensive beast. Although it can't do much in the way of offense, it's an amazing screener and can spread status across the opponent's side.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
light ball is already banned. Cranidos is mediocre, use it. bronzor is pretty good but has a p. bad typing.

Other mons:
Pikachu: 70/110/80/100/100/180. With a Light Ball this thing is just unstoppable, so I propose Light Ball be banned. Volt Tackle wrecks Slowpoke, and it can also outspeed and kill Water-CM Arceus. The decent HP stat means it won't die as fast from recoil too. Iron Tail is amazing on Spritz too. Also: Cranidos. 132/250/80/60/60/116, so it's a pretty fast mon, and Jolly variants 2HKO Arceus-Water with Thrash when at +2. Head Smash rocks too, with a 2HKO on Spritzee at +2, and Zen Headbutt kills Mienfoo. Cranidos is a great physical sweeper and addition to an HO team. Finally: Bronzor. With 114/172/172 defenses and three weaknesses, not to mention access to dual screens, this little guy is a defensive beast. Although it can't do much in the way of offense, it's an amazing screener and can spread status across the opponent's side.
Did you actually even read the OP, both those pokes are mentioned there

Also, we got a surge of votes tonight (bit suspicious if you ask me, but not complaining) so what are some good defoggers in the tier? I'm thinking Stunky, Vibrava, and ofc Arceus.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
SD Mega Mawile looks to be fairly crazy in this meta as a wallbreaker. I was looking at things that can break Slowpoke and Spritzee, and I came up with these calcs:

+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowpoke: 373-441 (66.1 - 78.1%)
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Spritzee: 626-738 (121.3 - 143%)

powah. Does great against Xerneas as well.

xJownage

tbh i wouldnt even run iron head, id run fire fang because otherwise you miss out on foongus. spritzee is usually specially defensive, with wish/protect/aroma/moonblast which cant do much to mawile in the first place. play rough is still easily a 2hko at +2 even on physically defensive variants. also you need to trap and eliminate hippopotas, which can eat up a sucker punch and retaliate with a decently strong EQ. therefore you really have a decent stallbreaker that needs team support.

also the time has come for a spritzee suspect. i will weigh in with my full opinion later. I talked to tbk yesterday and he said a suspect is likely.

tbh i wouldnt even run iron head, id run fire fang because otherwise you miss out on foongus. spritzee is usually specially defensive, with wish/protect/aroma/moonblast which cant do much to mawile in the first place. play rough is still easily a 2hko at +2 even on physically defensive variants. also you need to trap and eliminate hippopotas, which can eat up a sucker punch and retaliate with a decently strong EQ. therefore you really have a decent stallbreaker that needs team support.

also the time has come for a spritzee suspect. i will weigh in with my full opinion later. I talked to tbk yesterday and he said a suspect is likely.
Yeah, I hate to say it, but Spritzee walls half the meta, and makes so many Pokemon unviable. It's definitely suspect-worthy, but I feel that it's also necessary, as there are very few truly good clerics in this metagame.

GG vs DreMZ - http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pandora-350cup-1073643

Didn't take my Aron sleep fodder bait and instead got my Ho-oh leaving me without any way of killing Shroomish. Clef could've beaten it but I lost a dumb 50/50 against Corphish.

- Shit. Just realised shadow claw on Mold Breaker Drillbur is almost useless...

This is actually a lot of fun. Didn't think I'd like it cause I'm not too fond of NFEs but being able to compliment them with ubers makes things a lot more interesting.

Physically defensive Ho-oh seems pretty good here. Here's the set I was using (edit:fixed EVs):

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 208 HP / 128 Atk / 164 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird / Whirlwind
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic / Substitue

If you can fit substitue on it, it hard walls Shroomish. Whirlwind is also an option.

Last edited:

xJownage

i will say, in my experience foongus>shroomish because of regenerator, clear smog, and better general usefulness. I know that it is way harder to break on stall teams, and when i play stall in this meta foongus is one really amazing pokemon.

Also, hyping slowpoke for being completely OP with 180/130 physical defense and regenerator, along with base 130 attack. With an AV this thing walls most of the physical attackers in the tier alongside hippopotas, and can hit back decently hard with great coverage options and decent power.

So, I'm going to start something called pokemon of the week. In it, I'm going to post a pokemon that is a threat, and the goal is to come up with move sets and checks/counters for this pokemon. Good contributors will get credited in the OP, and so on. The first pokemon of the week is:

Timburr
150 / 160 / 110 / 50 / 70 / 70
With a great 160 Attack, nice 150/110/70 bulk, and 3 great abilities, Timburr is a threat to look out for. Post threats, checks, and counters, for this Pokemon of the week!​

Last edited:
I really only need one it is called defensive Spritzee, this is Timburr's best option:
252+ Atk Timburr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Spritzee: 144-170 (27.9 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
While Spritzee 2HKO easily.
It has severe 4 move syndrome so it can only run 3 of either Ice Punch, Knock Off, Mach Punch, Bulk up and Poison jab, either way it is still pretty good if you need a Gutsmon that has nice bulk unlike Tailow or Rattata

Timburr can also run Sheer Force, which does
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Timburr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Spritzee: 265-312 (51.3 - 60.4%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
So while Spritzee is a great check for Timburr, there are sets that can break it.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Rufflet is a decent check to Timburr, as long as it doesn't switch into an Ice Punch when rocks are up (It doesn't OHKO, but Iron Fist Ice Punch after rocks + Mach Punch does). Then it can more than likely KO with Brave Bird with prior damage if its Scarf with like Sheer Force or something, or just OHKO it with Hustle, Choice Band, or even Sky Plate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)