Other Anything Goes RMT (HunterStorm - Peak 2032)

Hi guys! As the title suggests, this article will enlighten you about my Anything Goes team. Now before I begin, I want to make the reader aware of a few facts.
1- This team consists of a lot of Arceus'. If you have never played Anything Goes, I suggest you refrain from attacking me in the comments.
2- This team helped me beat some of the best players in the meta, gain a 52-0 streak and peak AG long enough to keep me satisfied.
3- As every team does, this team has holes and flaws which will be discussed as descriptively as possible in the end.

Alright then, let's begin
This is a general look of the team

The first thing that comes to mind is - Why so many Arceus'?
Well, it's because Arceus owns this meta. It is OP, it is versatile, and frankly, you need it to get higher on the ladder. I wouldn't suggest depending on them too much to sweep games on the higher ladder, though. For all of their strengths, they're often easily countered. And the better players always, I MEAN ALWAYS, carry counters for e killers.

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

This team evolved from a much more "diverse" set that I used to use, which looked something like this -

On this particular set, I came forward with a much more passive-aggressive approach as compared to the team I finished with. To summarize it, this team consisted of a rocks setter in primal, Lugia/Diancie counter in Steelceus (who also did good work generally), a defensive Yveltal with Rocky Helmet (that pretty much tanked anything from an e killer, considering it was switched in at the right time), a mega ray (enough said), an e killer and a landorus. This is a pretty solid AG team with the general suspects, except for the landorus. I added Landorus because of its sheer, brutal strength and the surprising ability to ohko sp def primal groudon, e killers and Xerneas W/O rocks. Pretty neat, huh? It also did horrifying damage to anything that touches the ground and allowed my e killer and ray to pick up the pieces. In theory, this mon is very, very useful in Anything Goes.
(For those wondering what the set was, it was max sp att, speed, modest, sludge wave, rock polish, earth power and focus blast)

This team had its perks, but I realized that its fragility was leaving me high and dry way too often. Plus, it posed a very legitimate flaw in dealing with maybe the most feared mon in AG - Mega Rayquaza. Also, I relied far too much on my e killer and mega ray to deal with threats such as Darkrai, klefki, groundceus, primal ogre, Yveltal and Mewtwo.
I had reached 1945 on the ladder with this team, before I realized that Curve and Gunner were eating me for points and that a change was needed. Desperate times called for desperate measures, and after taking 3 days off, I came up with the set that I ended up peaking AG with.

THE TEAM

Cunt (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

This is perhaps as brutal as it gets for Arceus. This thing hit hard, hit fast and would make you wish you carried a Skarmory. I added Stone edge to give it more coverage and that is basically it. A standard, beastial E killer set with much potential. It posed a few issues when faced up against Skarmory/Ferrothorn, which leads me to my next killer
Cunt (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Overheat
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Yes, that's right. Overheat. It's a surprise move which will catch your opponent off guard if they dare sending a skarmory against you and keep them in constant fear, considering the fact that all my mons are Cunts (Muahaha). This mon was a necessary evil after I got my butt handed to me by Zangooser and his skarmory/Ho-oh combination, which took dumps on my team.
It works brilliantly with e killer, other than the deception, as Lum Berry provides it with a lot of room for development. Compared to Life Orb, though, it significantly reduces Arceus' strength. But it is a MUST considering the growing numbers of Klefkis and Darkrais in the meta

Cunt (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 236 HP / 20Spe / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Defog
- Recover

This thing is good - SO GOOD. Max HP investments ensure it takes a +1 dragon ascent with no issues. Calm mind and Recover allow it to stay in the battle for a longer period, and often helps in end games. This provides some much needed stability to a team that is hyper offensive in nature. Judgment ohkos Mega Ray and pretty much everything that has "dragon" or "fighting" in its typing. I added the modest nature to allow it to have more control over the game, and most importantly, not allow any mon to set up too easily. Also, Yveltals and Terrakions should know better than to face this thing head on.

Cunt (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent

Ah, the chosen one. Shoutout to Curve for this set, it really changed a lot of things. The HP investments ensured that Ray lived a 2x e speed after rocks. Which basically means the end of lum berry e killers. With one dance, it can outspeed anything in the meta without a choice scarf. The bulk ensures that it tanks modest ice beam primal ogre, an ice beam from mewtwo, ascent from its mega ray friends and 2x e speed from Adamant+Life Orb E killer W/O rocks. Anyone who has faced this thing would know what it is like. This is the most legitimate threat, especially for low ladder Anything Goes.

Cunt (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Recover

Bulkceus never got the recognition that it deserved, imo. The introduction of Bulkceus as my starter gave me a difference of at least 100 points on the ladder. This thing is sure to give any team that starts with Primal Groudon horrific nightmares. Toxic - recover along with its CRAZY defense bulk can often end the game right in the beginning. Lum berry ensures it takes a void from Darkrai, giving you time to either toxic or roar him out if you haven't set up the rocks already. With some skill, this thing can control games like no other.

Cunt (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Foul Play
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch

The last mon to fill this team - Cunt. Yveltal has some unbelievable coverage in AG. Sucker punch ohkos mewtwo, does decent damage on scarfed ogres. Pulse hits VERY hard and oblivion provides the endurance. And lastly, foul play to deal with e killers and mega ray. I preferred to overlook taunt because it really isn't often necessary, as oblivion does about 50% on xern followed by 20-30% from Sucker punch - which allows e killer to kill if a geo xern happens. If you're using it on the lower ladder, though, I would suggest switching Foul play with taunt, in order to deal with Smeargles. Otherwise, Y-god does its job in against all of AG and is an absolute must in this team, in order to deal with Lugia/Giratina.

REPLAYS - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-247162569
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-246190391
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-245199981

THE TEAM - http://pastebin.com/aes6q6RB

THREATS AND COUNTERS-

Okay, so this is the part where I recall all the games that I have had, and so far, it's been good. There were, however, some mons that made my head hurt in agony. Let's see if I can recall them all. If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment :)

Deoxys Attack - This. This... Monster.. It spoils everything if this is what your opponent starts with and if you dared start with bulkceus. It sets up rocks, ko's bulkceus with multiple hits and does monstrous damage to whatever that follows. I suggest you tread VERY carefully when you see this in the opponent's team. And if you have a bulkceus vs deo att showdown, make sure to toxic first, and set up rocks later. Because of its fragility and the MANY e speed users, though, it can't be a threat all on its own.

Skarmory - The good old defensive wall known as Skarmory. Initially, this was a massive headache for my e killers. But then, overheat e killer and Yveltal happened. As long as you keep them both alive, you shouldn't have troubles with Skarm. Otherwise, this thing tanks my ENTIRE team.

Klefki - I have no idea why this thing is even on a list labelled as "threats and counters". But a klefki spam can be a terrible headache to deal with. As long as a team doesn't have 4-6 of them, you'll be fine with all those lum berries.

Xerneas- Again, not a sweeping threat, considering the countless e speed users in my team. Geo xern will never sweep this team, although, it is more than capable of doing some game changing damage. I strongly suggest everyone trying my team out to take this thing very seriously. Moreover, scarfed xern can be hard to deal with, too. If you see this in the lineup, get rid of it ASAP.

Steelceus - With the era of Steelceus in AG coming to an end, I decided it was safe to use Fairyceus. But in case a calm mind steelceus comes switches in on Fairyceus, you're in trouble. I've invested Earthquake on three of my mons, so it will be taken out. But again, capable of doing some game changing damage.

Primal Ogre- Ogres are not used as much as they should be in AG, mainly because of almost every team carrying a primal groudon. So that gave me the liberty to make a team without any legit ogre counters, except for Mega Ray. And since Mega ray tanks Ice beam from a modest primal without rocks, I never quite felt the need to consider this to be too troublesome. But because of its ability to bully 5 of my mons, it is a threat.

Mewtwo - Non mega LO Mewtwo is capable of doing brutal damage to any mon in my team that isn't named "Yveltal". If you lose Yveltal before Mewtwo arrives, be prepared to lose at least one more mon 7/10 times.

That is as far as my pride lets me go with this list. Please do mention in the comments if you feel I missed out on any detail. :)

SPECIAL THANKS TO -

Zangooser - For helping me out with this RMT and for helping me provide so much more versatility in my team with his skarm-ho oh combination (which gave me nightmares)
Curve - For kicking my ass inside out on most occassions. You made AG so much more interesting with your arrival, man. Will remember the rivalry for a long time.
Gunner - For being a 12 year old. JK. Thanks for helping me out over the months and tolerating my bitching about hax. :P You've been the best friend I've had here, probably the most intense rivalry I've ever had. Maybe it'll be in Ubers now, hopefully. Thanks for the memories and the countless points you gave me.
Josh - For helping me test out my teams, the fun random battles and helping me out with the RMT.
Semen - For the original and OP teams you came up with and always being a monster player to face. I probably have had 90% of my hax against you, sorry about that :P
Ahuehuehue, Shwetabh, Evil Celebi and Nessuno - For being strong opponents to face in the ladder.
The Electric Empire - For the fun times in chat and taking me in as the AG guy.
The Low Ladder AG - For constantly reminding me I have 6 legendaries in my team

Sorry if I missed anyone out. If you want to share your opinions, I'll be active on Showdown, pm me :)
Willing to help out anyone looking to start playing AG.

Last edited:

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the shoutout. I built my team off of that exact same lando set (you gave it to me lol), although mine turned out much differently.

Anyways, a couple things you forgot:
1) Add replays.
2) Add an importable, saves a lot of time from all the kids wanting to try it.

Enjoy that break you said you're taking, I'll be happy to beat you again when you return.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)