Other Metagames Kinoko

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

Kinoko
Zangooser's 2nd RMT.
Anything Goes
Peaked 1902
1st Place

Some music to listen to while you read the RMT.
Something mushroom related.

Hi.
Here is the story of why uniqueness and being different is paramount to the improvement of humanity. Conformity is such a disgusting concept, present within the lives of all human beings. Whether it be the trends present within society or ways of thinking, we all share common ideas about life's many aspects. At the age of six, my friends and I would play football at school as a way to pass time over lunch breaks. I would always vouch to be Goalkeeper, the one position no one would opt for. It was my specialty, something others would think of as me being unfit. There was something much deeper present.

Fast forward eight years to me sitting at my computer, searching for Pokemon games to play. I somehow stumbled upon a simulator known as PokemonShowdown! I had no clue what it was, but decided to click on it regardless. I made an account called Caks and I recreated my In-Game team full of hacked legendary Pokemon with Wonder Guard. I tried to find a meta that would accept it and sure enough Hackmons accepted it. I got smashed in every game I tried, which unfortunately made me think lowly of Showdown. I wasn't good enough to compete with these people. I left the simulator.

A few years later, I felt an urge to retry this simulator. I clicked on the metagame known as Balanced Hackmons and tried to learn the basics of it. Sturdy Shedinja, Imposter Chansey and excessive mega usage found their way around within this metagame, as I felt inclined to keep trying until I succeeded. It was fun, trying new strategies and attempting to discover my own little strategies to check the most common metagame threats. People started to know me as the Bidoof guy, as I used to use sturdy leech seed Bidoof as a legitimate although fairly unviable strat. Unfortunately, the inevitable truth surfaced and I found myself using the most commonly used mons in order to win myself games.

Through my playing of the BH ladder I met another user called Trollinator, who often called me out for using common mons. We had a plethora of games between us as he acted as the opponent that always beat me. His team consisted of rare mons with unique strats. I felt obliged to do the same. What was the point of playing if I'm just copying strategies and not inventing anything? I was saddened by this and decided to make a change. I made an alt called Zangooser and decided to make a team with Unburden DBond Endeavor ESpeed Zangoose. I modified the EVs and climbed the ladder.

With this team I got top 5 on the ladder, which was surprising due to how much I expected my strat to suck horrendously. Either way, I was happy about how things were. One day, I had nothing to do so I hopped on Showdown to play some more BH and I saw an alert. Anything Goes has been created, Ubers is no longer a banlist. I took no notice. A few weeks later at school, I overheard a kid in my grade talking about PokemonShowdown! He mentioned his 1400 rank in the Anything Goes metagame, hence I decided to try it out.

I didn't know what the meta consisted of, so I brought my OU team. I got to 1400 without much trouble. The next day I told the kid at school and he was impressed. Then again, looking at his team I'm not sure he knew what a pokemon was. Here is the replay, please excuse my cockiness and lack of knowledge: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-217654919 Anyway, this made me wonder. If I can get to 1400 in a meta full of legendary spam, then what's the high ladder like. I decided I should try it out.

I threw together some random mons and started laddering again. I wanted to be different so my team differed from the norm at the time.

Manaphy provided as a punching bag if needed but I was mainly mesmerised by Heart Swap due to my excessive BH playing. Its ability of Hydration was very useful if I needed something to switch into on status moves. Paired with Scarf Ogre this mon was fairly decent. Aron was Berry Juice which enabled it to come in and Endeavor whatever it wanted. Then bulky Ghostceus could come in once Aron fainted and ESpeed the 1HP mon. Within four days of playing AG I had reached 14th on the ladder.

One memorable opponent from this time was PratzzFireShadow, someone I hadn't really known. He blamed my weird sets for his loss and kept begging me for a rematch after the game. This player was someone most of you would know as GunnerRohan, one of the most knowledgeable and well known AG players out. At this noobish stage in my AG playing career I managed to be one of the six losses on his 106-6 record. I aspired to be as good as players like that, although my non-conformist ways were holding me back. I refused to use Groudon-Primal and Arceus-Fairy, two mons with extreme viability in AG.

I got to a stage in AG where losses were really painful, due to my obsession with maintaining a good Elo. Whenever I got three losses in a row, I would make a new team. There was no reason to keep using a team with flaws, so why not build off these flaws and start from scratch. One of my most successful teams was my previous RMT. A team I peaked the ladder with, which consisted of Skarmory and Terrakion. So rather than explain this bit of my AG career, I'll just link it as a bridging point. An interlude, if you will.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/anything-goes-ag-insanity-peaked-1990.3542527/

After this the Elo hunger only deepened. Rather than make new teams I modified this one extremely until I found that Ferrothorn, although contributing to my fire weakness, provided that Kyogre/Zekrom/Diancie checking that was required. Terrakion was replaced. I'd fallen into old habits, using other people's strategies to improve my ranking. Although I became known as the Steel Monotype staller of AG, I still felt held back.

There were about fifty teams after this, all differing in one way or another. As I'd like to say I improved, but using different teams was bad as I was used to the old one. My ranking wasn't really the same and I was usually seen as an AG veteran rather than a serious ladderer. Most of the other top players had stopped playing, and only Curve and I remained. Then some great news emerged one day. A ladder reset was on its way. I expected this to bring back some of the older players which it did. The ladder felt like a home again, proper competition was present.

Semen, Star Thunderbolt, HellRegal, Hunter, Gunner, Lance and all the players I'd met in my "career" had returned to laddering. The AG ladder was fun and challenging again. With this, came a need for a new team. Something different, something good, something not conforming to the state of the ladder. Initially I started laddering with a Golduck, Ho-Oh, Skarmory, Xerneas x3 team. This proved well and peaked while the competition was offline. I wanted something reliable, something that was different to what I used before so I decided to build a team around Mega Scizor. Although the team didn't actually end with a Mega Scizor present, it developed into what I believe is better than my previous RMT team.

Teambuilding Process

Initially, as I stated previously, I wanted to build a team around Scizor-Mega. So the first step, although it may seem redundant later on, was to add Mega Scizor. Its high power priority non-normal STAB was intriguing as well as a good defensive typing. The idea was to build the team to eliminate all fire move users, and sweep with Scizor.

I noticed that this mon had almost perfect synergy with Rayquaza, a staple in many teams at that point. The only difference with this was it couldn't mega, so I invented a fairly viable LO Special set which enabled it to OHKO so many things. One major advantage was its ability to OHKO Primal Groudon, a major threat to many teams. I was still quite disappointed in the use of a non-mega Rayquaza, but I had to do it.

Another thing that beat Fire-types was Primal Groudon. A mon I had previously refused to use was making an entrance onto my team. I decided to throw previous grudges out the window, and use whatever I needed to succeed. I wanted more offensive pressure thus I chose a fast set. It's amazing how advantageous it was to have this speed investment.

I found that running an Arceus check was needed so I included an Yveltal, the most common one of the time. I would've rather used Giratina as an Arceus check due to its rarity and its ability to stop EKiller better, but I imagined that was just me trying to be unique again. I'm unsure if Giratina would be a better choice, but well I guess that's what an RMT is for.

The next step was to provide more offensive pressure to the team so I required hard heavy hitting attackers. I opted for Banded Ho-Oh as my ace, as I had seen it used in Ubers and hoped that it would perform well.

Lastly I added Kyurem-Black to patch up weaknesses and to provide more differing mons to others. Also, it hit harder than Zekrom which was kinda nice. It OHKO'd Kyogre and 2HKO'd Lugia. Those traits were nice to have, even though this mon was somewhat unneeded.

I decided that Scizor, although it performed well, was holding back the potential of the team. I decided to make the Rayquaza into a mega and standard set, and replaced the Scizor with a "Bulkceus" set, in order to tank hits that Yveltal couldn't. Yveltal also died relatively easy if Stone Edge Arceus was present therefore another EKiller check was needed.

I used this team a tad, with the Kyurem-Black often catching others off guard due to its insane power and surprise factor. One day GunnerRohan decided to start laddering again, and suggested that instead of using a Kyurem-Black for those above listed threats, to use something dank like Amoonguss. So here I am, with an Amoonguss on my team, peaking a ladder with mass amounts of Arc-spam, SwagPlay, Mega Rayquaza and other god-tier mons.

I used a mushroom.

Others

Me

Team

Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Standard Mega Rayquaza set. There's nothing really special here. Lum is needed due to not enough Lum spam on the team. Can be used as a lead effectively or an effective wall breaker later on. Its lum berry allows it to take out 1-2 SwagPlay mons on average. Earthquake over V-create due to the fire orientation of the team and the only real need for one. Also, mons like Ferrothorn and Skarmory are on the decline. Although this mon defines the AG metagame, it is very overrated compared to Arceus.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

This thing hits like a truck. A flaming truck with wings. It hits harder than Mega Ray, and checks Darkrai like a boss. With awesome coverage, it almost OHKOs the whole metagame. Burning with Sacred Fire is extremely useful, as it provides a softish check for Ghostceus if Yveltal is down. The speed is necessary as I stated with Groudon before. The ponderous speed investment is detrimental to the success of the team. When finalizing the team, I pondered whether band was a bit too much due to the inability to change moves after it wakes up from sleep. I decided that if that was the case and was really necessary, Rayquaza could come in and finish it off. Brave Bird is usually the preference, unless burning or the removal of a lum would be preferred. Earthquake can be used if the Sacred would be beneficial but not needed. For example "if I miss this hit on Steelceus I lose the game".

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Not extremely standard PrimalDon set. Speed investment is paramount to the success of these mons, as they come in kill something and GTFO. It also has roar if I'm stuggling with a Baton Pass team or a Psyshock Xerneas. Precipice, because i prefer hitting harder than hitting at all. Dragon Claw for Ray and Stone Edge for Ho-Oh, LO Yveltal and other flying types. "Why not fire coverage?" Ground hits everything relevant the same, whereas the extra Dragon and Rock coverage really benefits Groudon in hitting hard. Rather than using a bulky SR setter, I prefer to take the road not taken and go completely offensive to create this nuke.

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic
- Roost

Every team needs an EKiller check. So here is mine, voila, the dark beast itself Yveltal. With enough bulk to live an EKiller +2 Stone Edge if need be, it is truly one of the best EKiller checks in the metagame at the moment, with everyone running Overheat Arceus to check my Skarmory sets. Yveltal's foul play does ~90% and the Rocky Helmet kills if the opponent ESpeeds into it, otherwise Sucker does the job in ensuring the OHKO. Life Orb Stone Edge is the end of this thing, do not keep it in and use Amoonguss as fodder or something. The EVs are self explanatory. Charti berry may be ran if Stone Edge becomes more present in the metagame, although at the moment it's limited to only 3 or 4 top players.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Arceus-Fairy is a great back up plan to Yveltal as well as a great defensive typing towards Yveltal. As well as offensive pressure towards Yveltal and Giratina. A cleric set is run, and in doing so can take on the majority of the meta. This shouldn't have trouble coming in and defogging in tricky predicaments. Will-O-Wisp-ing EKiller and other physical attackers is great. It can't OHKO standard M-Ray but can after an Ascent which is what everyone does. The speed EVs are to outspeed Ray pre-mega and the bulk is self-explanatory.

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog
- Grass Knot
- Foul Play

Amoonguss, Amoonguss, Amoonguss. You wall the greatest special attackers in the metagame, and avoid the conformity of the greater ladder. You solve my problems. I hate mushrooms IRL, but you're okay. You enlighten my day with your scents and ability to tank whatever I truly desire. All your moves have some use. Sludge Bomb to hit Xerneas and act as the hardest hitting move it learns, Clear Smog to remove the Geomancy from Xerneas, Grass Knot to 2HKO some Ogre forms, where Kyogre can't even 3HKO and Foul Play to surprise Rays expecting a forced switch out and Dragon Dancing up. The EVs are pretty self-explanatory.

How To Use
The main idea of the team is to barge into their team with the heavy attacking of Rayquaza, Groudon and Ho-Oh and then stall the remaining pokemon to death with Yveltal and Arceus. Amoonguss provides a great switchin on any special attack, except possibly avoid Psystrike and Psyshock.

How to check stuff
Arceus
Yveltal and Arceus-Fairy can stall this thing out if EKiller set.
Ho-Oh's Brave Bird does more than half to Bulkceus which prevents recover stalling the recoil.
Mega Rayquaza beats in a 1v1 fight.

Arceus-Fairy
Sludge Bomb Amoonguss takes this thing out, ridding of its calm minds with Clear Smog.
Groudon-Primal and Ho-Oh obliterate this thing also.

Arceus-Ghost
Burn with Ho-Oh and Arceus-Fairy if physical.
Yveltal takes this thing on independant on its physical/special attacking orientation.

Arceus-Ground
If special Amoonguss and Ho-Oh take it out without a problem.
If physical, Fairyceus is great to use.

Arceus-Steel
Groudon and Ho-Oh take this thing out without a problem due to their OHKO'ing capabilities.
Mega Rayquaza can take it out if it's unboosted too.

Darkrai
Darkrai can be a pain to beat, due to its unpredictable hit chance on Dark Void.
Ho-oh can come in and hit with Banded Sleep Talk, although if the opponent is smart they'll keep subbing post void. Rayquaza can finish it off with ESpeeds afterwards.
Rayquaza can clean this thing up after a Dance, or without one.

Deoxys-A
Deo-A is terribly hard for many opponents to face. Usually these are sashed but LO provides greater offensive utility. Ho-Oh can take this out, and hopefully burn sashed variants.
Rayquaza can take out non-sash with espeed as can the rest of the team.

Diancie-Mega
Arceus-Fairy can Judgment, Recover, Recover when needed.
Amoonguss also takes out Diancies where the user has no clue about the specially defensive investment. Even then Diamond Storm does ~50%.

Groudon
Rayquaza-Mega can defeat as long as they're not running Dragon Claw, then it only takes our ~1.
The Groudon on this team outspeeds the majority of other PDons and OHKOs them.
Ho-Oh takes out non-Stone Edge variants which is a rare move for a Groudon to have.
Fairyceus can Judgment, Recover, Recover, Recover too.
Yveltal can Foul Play this to death.

Ho-Oh
PrimalDon Stone Edge and Ho-Oh Brave Bird all give this thing nightmares.
Yveltal does great as well if it's not burnt.

Klefki
Regenerator PP Stall :D
PDon and Ho-Oh also OHKO them all.
Rayquaza almost OHKOs with Earthquake.
Fairyceus is a useful mon if one regenerator mon is dead.

Kyogre
Groudon walls and Precipice kills most sets.
Amoonguss also only takes 30% from Ice Beam and deals ~50% with Grass Knot.
Scarf and Primal Variants are both treated the same unless a Scarf set is locked into a water move.

Lugia
Toxic this imo, Stone Edge, Banded Brave Bird, fun times.

Rayquaza
Fairyceus takes this out easily enough, being able to recover stall LO sets and being able to Judgment Lum. It can struggle with banded sets.
Yveltal can do heaps to Mega Ray as Foul Play obliterates things with 504 Attack.

Xerneas
Amoonguss Clear Smogs Geomancy and Sludge Bombs post-smog.
Ho-Oh and PDon take this out as well, but Amoonguss does it best.
Yveltal
Arceus-Fairy does extremely well as well as Stone Edge Groudon OHKOing offensive sets.

Replays
vs Transcendent God Champion
vs Curve
vs Josh
vs Feral Mutant
vs White Lion18
vs Naruto94
vs Blaze8437
vs fabre
vs chanyuh
vs Tom771
vs amnael01
vs therealhp73
vs vishal0905
vs TyphlosionSSD99
vs DonnoTheFirst
vs ncs12345
vs Console-ations (Gunner's RMT)
vs Wrath of Alakazam (SwagPlay Abuse)
vs Yolocat 10 (SwagPlay Abuse)

Proof

Shoutouts
Peef Rimgar for calling dibs on first shoutout.
Joshz I have never been molested by a kangaroo.
Gunner Rohan Thanks for the Amoonguss set and being a huge influence on the AG community.
thelinearcurve Thanks for being a great opponent for the last six months. It's been really fun and I hope it continues.
HunterStorm for being a challenging friendly opponent everytime.
flowre for being the opponent I always aspired to achieve higher than when initiating the ladder.
GonxKillua ew
baconbagon hope you can get into the ag metagame some day.
The whole AG ladder, thanks for being great opponents!
The whole OMs room, of which I can't list all, so I didn't list any. The best community on Showdown.
The ubers room for giving me sets whenever I needed them.
And you the reader, you wasted the last twenty minutes of your life.

Import
Take my team already!
Pastebin

Finalement
Any queries, hit me up in the comments.
Feel free to use the team to aid you in laddering.
Also, it really isn't perfect so please people help me.​

Last edited:

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
nice essay nerd
but seriously you put so much time into this o.0 Your team is quite reliant on Arceus though; like Special Ray otherwise craps on your team. And why do you get rekt by gothitelle???? I'm gonna try that out :P but grats on peak

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
Well written RMT Gooser, was worth the read. Only thing I'd recommend is running Jolly>Adamant on Rayquaza as is ensures a safe mega-evolution vs slower mons. Adamant has the risk of losing to Diancie & SD jolly Don and you need to change your play style accordingly.

PS: This goes to show that Gunner strats~ are 100% legitimate & can work for most people. Hit me up if you want me to hand out some Gunner strats~ ($)

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
nice essay nerd
but seriously you put so much time into this o.0 Your team is quite reliant on Arceus though; like Special Ray otherwise craps on your team. And why do you get rekt by gothitelle???? I'm gonna try that out :P but grats on peak
I'm pretty sure every mon on the team beats Gothitelle except for Amoonguss. Once you get to the high ladder, Gothitelle won't be a problem anyway. Unless I decide to bring that in soon. :D

Well written RMT Gooser, was worth the read. Only thing I'd recommend is running Jolly>Adamant on Rayquaza as is ensures a safe mega-evolution vs slower mons. Adamant has the risk of losing to Diancie as well as changing your playstyle. Thanks for the shoutout & good luck!

PS: This goes to show that Gunner strats~ are 100% legitimate & can work for most people. Hit me up if you want me to hand out some Gunner strats~ ($)
Will definitely try it out as you saw how much trouble that SD Don gave me. Also, Diancie is one of the major threats, so it's a win-win situation.

Reactions: Mq

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not extremely standard PrimalDon set.
Dude its HO Pdon what is not standard about that lol.

This is a great RMT, thanks for the shoutout. I have a couple suggestions.

1) I like Ray Adamant. I don't really like Jolly as much, because I like power. That change is really subjectional though and both are fine.

2) If Ho-oh drops, you pretty much click X on Ferrothorn. To compensate for that, run EITHER (or both but I'd suggest just 1) A) Fire Punch > Stone Edge on Don, or B) V-Create > EQ on Rayray. Otherwise, a big testicular rip :(

That's it as far as team feedback goes, we all know you're the best builder in AG and the worst player. However, fix up that threatlist u feg o3o

1) How the hell is ekiller a threat? It's countered by yveltal. It loses to Ray and Fairyceus, and Ho-oh/Pdon can revenge it.

2) I'd remove Klefki, you have the Pdon hard check, Lum Ray hard check, Ho-oh check, Fairyceus can pp stall if needed, Yveltal can Taunt and Amoongus doesn't care about Para.

That's all. Very long nice RMT mate.

Chloe

NUPL Champion
Dude its HO Pdon what is not standard about that lol.

This is a great RMT, thanks for the shoutout. I have a couple suggestions.

1) I like Ray Adamant. I don't really like Jolly as much, because I like power. That change is really subjectional though and both are fine.

2) If Ho-oh drops, you pretty much click X on Ferrothorn. To compensate for that, run EITHER (or both but I'd suggest just 1) A) Fire Punch > Stone Edge on Don, or B) V-Create > EQ on Rayray. Otherwise, a big testicular rip :(

That's it as far as team feedback goes, we all know you're the best builder in AG and the worst player. However, fix up that threatlist u feg o3o

1) How the hell is ekiller a threat? It's countered by yveltal. It loses to Ray and Fairyceus, and Ho-oh/Pdon can revenge it.

2) I'd remove Klefki, you have the Pdon hard check, Lum Ray hard check, Ho-oh check, Fairyceus can pp stall if needed, Yveltal can Taunt and Amoongus doesn't care about Para.

That's all. Very long nice RMT mate.
Thanks for the rate, now I'll explain while you're wrong :D Actually there are some decent points.

In recent times bulky Stealth Rock TWave Roar leads have been used above HO PDon.

1) I'm completely fine with that, but I'd like to test both to see if it would benefit the team. Due to the rarity of max speed Don, I'm on the fence.

2) Mega Rayquaza kills Ferro after a dance with Ascent making its V-create need p redundant. With PDon, Ground/Fire coverage is p bad due to it almost covering the exact same mons, whereas it would be better to hit the mons its main STAB can't hit super-effectively. I understand your logic, as Ferrothorn can be a major pain to deal with without fire moves, but it really isn't needed in my honest opinion.

3) The threat list just contains mons that are common within the AG metagame, I really should've named that something else. There are only like three real threats to the team, and the remainder can be easily checked.

Anyway, I should probably do testing as I've stated before. All very valid points, so thanks.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I better continue the tradition of everybody on Skype rating it !_!

I honestly think the biggest threat to this team is Ho-oh (well, aside from Mega Gengar and I don't see a good way around that). You're really reliant on Yveltal checking Arceus, Don, physical attackers in general since most can break through Fairyceus anyway. Ho-oh can come in for free on Arceus and Amoongus and basically gets a kill, severely crippling something at best, and you don't have an amazing plan to revenge it. Your method of handling it right now is "maybe they don't think I'm max speed stone edge don/max speed ho-oh and sack it". I don't really see a good reason for Arceus to have Fairy typing, so why not swap it for Wall Rockceus? It seems to me that you get about the same utility out of it but gain a better bird check, only losing the ability to KO Ray as early which Rockceus can check well enough (same set and everything btw). Other than that, maybe HP Fire on Amoongus helps you not be so reliant on Ho-oh to KO it, and Sludge Bomb isn't really that useful. Cool team, might share some of my own innovations here eventually.

edit: "there are only 3 real threats to the team" I went off of that assuming Deo-A/Mega Gengar/last one? I assume you didn't think Ho-oh, it just more came to me that it's an issue

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Was about to rage for now shoutout xD. Lol jk nice team. I won't try to suggest anything apart from bulky spread on Ray ray

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
The only reason to run fire stab on Ray/P-don on Zangooser's team would be to hit Skarmory (which isn't a threat). Rayquaza and P-don both hit Ferrothorn like a trucks. I fail to understand how Ferrothorn has any sweeping potential when it just gets 2hkod by two offensive mons on Gooser's team. Also, he has Amoongus in the back which just walls Ferro & PP stalls it anyway. Your argument of running a fire move on Ray/P-don to hit Ferrothorn, is parallel to running Earth Power on Calm Mind Rockceus because it hits P-don harder. A fire move is absolutely redundant on Ray/P-don, especially when the other moves on these Pokemon get so much better coverage.

Last edited:

Chloe

NUPL Champion
I better continue the tradition of everybody on Skype rating it !_!

I honestly think the biggest threat to this team is Ho-oh (well, aside from Mega Gengar and I don't see a good way around that). You're really reliant on Yveltal checking Arceus, Don, physical attackers in general since most can break through Fairyceus anyway. Ho-oh can come in for free on Arceus and Amoongus and basically gets a kill, severely crippling something at best, and you don't have an amazing plan to revenge it. Your method of handling it right now is "maybe they don't think I'm max speed stone edge don/max speed ho-oh and sack it". I don't really see a good reason for Arceus to have Fairy typing, so why not swap it for Wall Rockceus? It seems to me that you get about the same utility out of it but gain a better bird check, only losing the ability to KO Ray as early which Rockceus can check well enough (same set and everything btw). Other than that, maybe HP Fire on Amoongus helps you not be so reliant on Ho-oh to KO it, and Sludge Bomb isn't really that useful. Cool team, might share some of my own innovations here eventually.

edit: "there are only 3 real threats to the team" I went off of that assuming Deo-A/Mega Gengar/last one? I assume you didn't think Ho-oh, it just more came to me that it's an issue
Some rly good points. Bulky Rockceus might be worth a try however I don't really have a good switchin to offensive Yveltal if that's the case. My current strategy of dealing with Ho-Oh seems to be working but it's probably because of the rarity of it in the metagame that is influencing my opinion. Either way Rockceus could be a great idea, but I'd need to try it.

Was about to rage for now shoutout xD. Lol jk nice team. I won't try to suggest anything apart from bulky spread on Ray ray
Thanks. I wanted to shoutout like hundreds of extra people but was on a tight schedule so I just left it as "the AG ladder" and "the OM room". I personally despise bulky ray sets since they're usually OHKOd by 297 Xern and hardly checked by offensive Ygod. If special ray gets itself out of the meta soon, I will be changing the speed to 244 EVs due to it going last in an Ascent War.

Dammit why do I dig myself into holes with my own sets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)